2013 May: I DRIVE SAFE Month

Thread Starter #1
Let us celebrate next months as 'I Drive Safe' month.
In this one month, let us all try to make our roads safer. And try to convince at least one friend / colleauge / relative to join this.

I was going through Things you can do only on Indian roads thread. I saw 250 posts mentioning lots of things which we don't like in our roads and the way we drive. Few of the people confessed they are guilty of some of these 'crimes'. Instead of just cribbing about how things are bad, let us change it. At least try our best to make a small change.

TAI has almost 10k members. Let us assume 25% ready to join this campaign. That is 2500 people. Then there are guests who hang around in our forum. Now a days we can see around 5000 guests at any time. Say, 10% of them also get inspired and join us. That is 500. Now if this 3000 people can spread the message and transform 1 person each in this one month, it is another 3000. So total 6000. We can't assume everyone will be changed. It is safe to assume a success rate of 20-25% - that's about 1500 better and safer drivers.

This is what we can do.
1. Prepare a flyer to create awareness of this campaign. We can send it to our friends and colleagues. Also upload in the forum.
2. Run a banner in the forum. 350Z can help us in this.
3. Make a small campaign slogan and take printout and keep inside our cars to remind us whenever we are on the road.
4. Spend 5 minutes everyday to talk about this to friends, colleagues, relatives or anyone else.
5. Keep updating the thread regularly. Post the result of our efforts. We can post good practices or good incidents we see in the road.

Based on the success of the campaign, we can run this again at the end of the year, say in Nov or Dec. We can have sepcial stickers and TAI calendars as giveaway gifts for those who joins the campaign.

Now all of you repeat after me.
"I, ________ is joining the "I Dive Safe" campaign and promise to drive safe and follow all traffic rules. Moreover, I will spread the message to at least 5 of my friends and convince one person to drive safer. This is my commitment to make Indian roads a better place."

Last edited:
Good compaign. Its a [thumbsup] from me. After the oath, we should drive safe only on the month of May, right? :tongue: just kidding.
A flyer sounds great to share online especially on facebook!

"I, Jihad AJ is joining the "I Drive Safe" campaign and promise to drive safe and follow all traffic rules. Moreover, I will spread the message to at least 5 of my friends and convince one person to drive safer. This is my commitment to make Indian roads a better place." [glasses]

"I, Dharmesh Tailor is joining the "I Dive Safe" campaign and promise to drive safe and follow all traffic rules. Moreover, I will spread the message to at least 5 of my friends and convince one person to drive safer. This is my commitment to make Indian roads a better place."

Great one [thumbsup]
I will try. Will update if i fail to. Hope to see more members joining. Nice thought JohnyBoy

I, appus is joining the "I Dive Safe" campaign and promise to drive safe and follow all traffic rules. Moreover, I will spread the message to at least 5 of my friends and convince one person to drive safer. This is my commitment to make Indian roads a better place.

Top Bottom