How To Handle 'All Time' High Beam Users?

Thread Starter #1
Creating this thread with the peak of frustration because of ALLTIME High beam users.

The one in opposite lane atleast is tolerable, but I have no words for the one following behind with his high beam ON for kilometers together in snail moving traffic.

Though I have Day/Night IRVM, ORVMs are regular ones, and I don't want to fold the ORVMs. It is quite irritating and makes eyes blind when we get a vehicle following us with high beams.

How to handle these guys? Normally I let those vehicles pass me, but in case of B2B traffic I cannot stop or let him go ahead. In such cases I get the below things running in my mind
1) Fix powerful lamps, atleast 4 Nos at the rear (may be the headlamps from TATA ACE / Omni) and switch them ON for those idiots unless they dip their lights

any other ideas?

I was thinking about this today too,i had a innova taxi behind me in Bangalore Mysore highway with high beam on when the traffic was heavy,then i had a wanna be bully Tata safari muscling through traffic with high beam honking when there is no where else to go(i later gave him the eat my dust treatment).

But i did the same high beam treatment to this guy in a Spark who is so naive that he cooly kept knocking my car mirror with his at a signal with out care,when i was ahead he had his high beam on,so i slowed down,switched on high beam & carried on behind him,he moved aside to let me go but i kept following him,he finally took a hint later when i gave him a look,he was in low beam then onwards.

All time High Beamers are really very irritating. Specially for one who does not have Tinted glass or Day/Night IRVMs. I have many a time faced the same problem. When my friends are there with me and I face such people, I tell my friends sitting in the back to poke their heads out and tell them to lower the beam.

One of my friend really had a pair of fog lamps and a roots "polo type" horn fitted in the rear bumper. Which was used for many purposes like reversing, asking for low beam and also to shut-up the continuous honkers. [;)]

Interesting Thread.

First of all I must say that most of the all time high beam drivers I came accross are of high end cars. No offence to any one but that is irritating. Bloody well educated people are driving on high beams on their projectors. Audi; BMWs and even most of the XUVs I have seen. IMO they feel that there are double lights on their cars.(the ones with high and low beam different)

Now either I keep tolerating them or slow down and move behind them and use dipper several time and then shift to high beam they way they do. Believe me this had worked a couple of times and I have seen they shifting to low beams. This is the best way to teach them lessons. Sometimes even at signals they stand on high beams and I feel that I should get down and tell them to shift to low beam. But I have never done that thinking that people will call me crazy doing that.

My 2 Cents!!

Windshields are tinted with 3M Sun film CR70 [for the front] and CR50 to all the other sides. The service person was kind of enough to have the orvm's tinted as well. The tint serves well to keep the car cool and reduce the light intensity though I had to shell good money on the installation! You can definitely try this!

^ The crystalline sun films are very expensive i doubt thats a good solution,i guess 15000 atleast per car, "re series" is best that way for sides & rear.
i have vlt 70 on my car windows which when some nut with a high beam hits my side mirrors(at signal) its still bothers me,tinting the side mirrors has its own problems,its fogs up incredibly quick in rain,but i guess i can try that cos i have heated mirrors,still not a suggested thing though.

I am planning to add vlt 70 to the rear windscreen on my swift or manual rear curtains (mesh type)as at night i am not able to drive thanks to the interior lighting up like a stadium thanks to these fools.

You cant really see the path holes of gurgaon in low beam. Even if I adjust the height of the lamp,they are still not visible enough. And thats why everyone drives in high beam here.

You cant really see the path holes of gurgaon in low beam. Even if I adjust the height of the lamp,they are still not visible enough. And thats why everyone drives in high beam here.
agree that people have to drive High beam on roads for better visibility at night, but at nights when you see some vehicle approaching you, you have to use dipper atleast till the time the other vehicle doesnt go past you.

I have observed this during my night driving on NH4 and NH7 that even truckers are very prompt in switching to dipper/ lowbeam when there is vehicle coming in opposite direction. But not with car drivers.(yes there are some but very few)

1) Fix powerful lamps, atleast 4 Nos at the rear (may be the headlamps from TATA ACE / Omni) and switch them ON for those idiots unless they dip their lights
any other ideas?
Good idea, appreciate it, i have the same situation when followed by high-beams,i did just one thing,stuck two detachable sun blinds at the rear glass in such a position that i am able to be see the vehicles in between those two sun-blinds, opened both the mirrors and was able to drive comfortably, i don't how risky it is though.

Well with the high beams i don't concentrate on them, rather i try to concentrate the road on the left.

And one thing i follow on ghats or other section is to warn other vehicle by blinking light to high beam and then low beam again.

This ensures as a warning to oncoming vehicle against overtaking.
Other thing is they acknowledge and switch down to low beam.

On highways i try to keep the glass squeaky clean, in this way high beam doesn't matter much to me.

My New TB 350 has solution for it. As all you know, the water tanker drivers are notorious in Bangalore for driving with high beams.
Two days back, I just tried to test the Projector Low beam HL of my new TB on a tanker came with high beam opposite to me in a narrow road.
For my surprise, he honked few times and put low beam desperately because my TB's head lamp (High beam) was focusing directly to his face.
Thanks Royal Enfield for such a powerful headlamp this time [clap].

Once this wagon r guy was tailling me with his highbeams , I simply switched on my rear fog lights.
Immediately he dipped them after giving two flashes !

Top Bottom