Driving on Turn Arounds & U-Turns

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

my first post over here and i needed your help .. I just had a small query, regarding driving at turn-arounds and u-turns.

my car stalls the moment i take the turn, well not every time but it does happen.. is it because i tend to release the clutch too soon? could you guys suggest the best way to make a proper u-turn?

I tried searching for this topic here, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance..

Thread Starter #3
Re: Drive at turn-around's

is it advisable to stop completely and take it from start during a turn around? or just release the clutch slow while on second gear that is only if the road is clear?

Thread Starter #5

thanks a lot for the quick and helpful reply. will follow this.
start the car from first gear. i guess, the problem of the car stalling should be solved :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #8

Depending on the traffic, if the road is clear its the second gear, otherwise the first.
Noticed the stall happens while in the second gear, so it has to be with the release of the clutch. So i guess, i need to stop and start in first gear to avoid the stall

There is no rule book on shifting your gears even though you can see one on your users/owners manual, Good drivers feel the engine while they drive, if you can give attention to the sound and knocking of the engine you can also feel what gear the engine asks for.The shifts differ with the torque of the engine you drive. Its safe and good to take an U-turn on your 1st gear slowly.

Depending on the traffic, if the road is clear its the second gear, otherwise the first.
Noticed the stall happens while in the second gear, so it has to be with the release of the clutch. So i guess, i need to stop and start in first gear to avoid the stall
1st Gear i use only while moving from a standstill, however a u turn is totally different, i prefer to use first gear even when the car is in motion

Top Bottom