Possible Reasons and Ways To Reduce Road Accidents

Major Reason for accidents (Who or what is responsible)

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
* In India, 1,20,000 people die and 12,70,000 sustain serious injuries every year
in Road Traffic Accidents.
* 17 people die in one hour in india due to road accidents.
* World Health Organization has revealed in its first ever Global Status Report on
Road Safety that more people die in road accidents in India, than anywhere
else in the world, including the more populous China.
* Let us Utilise this thread to discuss the root cause for accidents & ways to
prevent.
* We cannot prevent accidents, but we can try to minimise the numbers.

Although I have voted for Careless Riders and Disobeying Traffic signals, but I personally think Stupid drivers, and careless riders would come under Disobeying Traffic signals and these are the careless and stupid people who does not follow the rules and then accident happens.

Last edited:
As mentioned by dharmesh, all those options in the poll can be combined to have one - Stupid drivers which include the riders also.

But dont you think many times accidents happen due to some animal or person jumping in the middle of the road form no where. In my recent trip of Rajasthan, I have killed 2 dogs who jumped out from no where. In that situation think if there is any human being instead of dog, then I would not continue driving in the same manner when dog jumped. I would take evasive action to avoid hitting that person, in the due course that could turn out to be more fatal, as there are vehicles coming from behind in next lanes.

Accident happens due to various reasons, but people many times die, because of not following the safety measures, e.g. seat bealts, helmets, etc.

dharmesh,

What I wrote was all those points in the poll can be combined to one.

There are other causes for accidents and that is why they are called accidents.

Not wearing helmets/seat belts is also part of stupidity.

I have voted for all the points above as everything matters for accidents !!

I want to emphasis on something as lot of young people are die due to speed thrill !! every year and this is a serious concern according to me as even vehicle manufacturers are releasing the vehicles of 150,200,220,250,350cc bikes and more BHP and cc powered cars and UVs. Example : most of the new bikes bought by young boys in my area are R15, pulsar 220 CBR something like that and it was sad to note that last year we had lot of college students died in bike accidents in our locality due to speed and thrill and just think of those parents of them[cry]. Here parents has a role, teachers and police also has roll and pathetic thing is our roads are not really geared for such speeds !!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Right Guys, todays youngsters are mad of high speed, either on a bike or a car. In both cases they kill innocent people as well as kill themself. The preciousness of LIFE has to reach their minds. Parents satisfy their child's wish of riding a costly vehicle, but in return not all children return home safely. Drunken driving plays a major role as well.

1>I'm a fearless guy (a Hero) .
2>I don't need to wear a helmet because if i do it means am Cowered .
3>What ? a Helmet ! my father never wore one then why should I ? huh !
these are the some most common reasons / reactions i often get when i questioned people about not wearing a helmet. I even got some hilarious one like Helmet obstructs your Vision and all.
I am biker and i do understand the importance of Riding gear . All thought my Dad never ever had a 2 wheeler but he do understand the danger of ignoring these simple things . 2-3days Before i got to hold keys of my 1st bike (my dad gifted it to me) he brought me good quality Helmet and gloves and then also gave me few tips on road safety an all.
All i want to say is Parents has a big role when it comes to teaching department . The simplest way to reduce Road accidents is to Educate children and their parents about Rules/Laws and make them understand that One should follow them religiously .

I want to talk about the youth here, the college going or who is in their 10th standard. Parents has a big roll here, it is a style for them to have a bike and that too more than 150 cc and today most of the parents have money(not like in our days, I use to struggle to ask my father for his cycle to go to college, he finally given his 25 year old cycle to in my +2 like a big gift[lol]) and they feel that they love their children more so buy them the bike they wanted and this is the main cause of most accidents which I see in Hyderabad at least. If some body do not buy a bike with his own earned money and is gifted by parents, then how do he understands the value of that money and know just to race on the bike carelessly, sorry no offence for college going youth, but this is the true fact with my personal experience. Here parents have to talk to their children seriously and educate them on the safety measures and buy them a bike if is really required other wise push them to use the public transport which is always safe. At least I try and see I will not allow my son to get a bike, if he insist much then I will buy a car for him at a appropriate time when he gets driving license in a legal way and I am satisfied about his driving. So friends think about such things and educate the youth !![:)]

+100
On the other hand old people,Senior citizens i must say they, as they are used on driving their confident level are high but i had seen some people riding and driving with less sense. They have to be restricted too, as their reflexes and senses get low because of their age.

Top Bottom