Truck Rear Ended My Swift VDI 2012

Thread Starter #1
Hello Motorist ,

I met with an accident yesterday , which i feel to share with you. for this is my first time , and any help from your side is appreciated .

Today morning at 2 am while returning from dinner i met an accident ,

the Accident occurred as follows ,

I was driving my car softly , at low speeds . on my way just few kms to my place , on the mid road there was a speed breaker and ahead was an octroi naka , i crossed a few meters ahead of the speed breaker was changing car gear from 2nd to 3rd and before i could release the clutch , a truck dashed my car from the rear at very high speeds , the impact was so high that the driver seat recliner was not functioning anymore .
the truck dashed me and then dashed another truck on the left then it hit an light pole on the right and then hit the divider 2 foot long on the road so hard the divider was wrecked too !!

i managed to park the car on the left side of the road with safety then looked for my belongings ,
all my belongings in the car were scattered , i searched for my phone , and took my car keys and left the car , and ran towards the spot of accident for the search of the truck driver.

i reached towards the truck which rammed my car and found that no was inside the truck , i yelled aloud who was inside the truck and where is the driver , a 3 star officer asked me to calm down and informed me that the two male occupants of the car then absconded from the vehicle with officers giving chase. but no one could find him anywhere.

there was a lot of police officers there of which 1 3star started to take notes from me of what had happened exactly . while all this happened i called a friend and one of my brothers over to the location.

my brother managed to catch a similar truck which belongs to the owner of the truck which rammed my car . we took the number of the manager of the company (to whom the truck belongs )from the driver of the truck and also asked him to speak to his manager about the incident , and to inform him to visit the site at the earliest .

The manager told him that he is comming to the incident , later we spoke to the manager he replied that he is in pune and has asked one of his executives to visit the site .

we waited for 1 hour , then we called him again , the manager then said that the person who he is trying to is not taking his calls and therefore he is not able to get a hold of him. we said we will wait . it was 6:00 am already and we were tired . so we decided to file an fir and leave for the day .

we filed an fir but the main 3star who had this case under his command was unavailable hence i was asked to visit the police station today again to collect the copy of FIR .

i asked the nearest A.S.S to visit my place and take the car to the workshop to get an estimate of the expenses of the vehicle which i have to bear .

i was given an estimate of 20k for the repairs and new body parts .

any opinions what should i do next is welcomed.

Regards
Jatin

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Wrecked my Swift VDI 2012

@Jatin:Sorry to hear that, I hope you are fine..
Now, buddy I'll give two suggestions, one will be truth and one will be for making you happy, now read both and decide which one you like.

Suggestion 1:
Move ahead with police and get hold of manager and make the company cough up the repair charges legally. Don't worry at all, everything will be fine and it is a win win situation for you.

Suggestion 2:

One simple question:
Who is the owner of the trucks and how many trucks he own and how much is his approach in the area?

Find this out and then move ahead. It will help..else buy a set of paragon office slippers as you will have to run a lot and then get your car repaired on your expenses. Now either arrange for some pressure too or go to market to buy slippers. It's upon you..

Sorry to read about the accident, but looking at the damage to the truck, damage done to your siwft is less. Anyways. Do you have zero dep insurance?

As rightly said by Vipul, ask truck company to pay for your damage, else don't leave them. Atleast negotiate with them to pay half of the repair cost.

Sorry to read about the accident, but looking at the damage to the truck, damage done to your siwft is less. Anyways. Do you have zero dep insurance?
Only zero dep insurance works at such scenario.

As rightly said by Vipul, ask truck company to pay for your damage, else don't leave them. Atleast negotiate with them to pay half of the repair cost.
Yes, ask truck company to pay.
  • After that the manager will say that driver will pay as he has wrecked their truck too.
  • Now since driver is missing hence company should pay, but they won't do it that easily because their driver did it, not company.
  • Rest assured, the driver won't be found ever..at least on papers, even if he will be driving an another truck of same company.
  • Now the car owner who is an 'aam aadmi' goes to police and asks them to move ahead and gets an assurance.
  • The truck operator who will have good relation with inspector of every station in the area where his trucks move will make a phone call and talk to inspector and game over.
  • Hence I said "either buy paragon office chappal(to do a lot of running for no reason) and let the car bite dust awaiting for them to pay or pay now and apply soem political pressure and make them cough the money".

I have shown the real picture of what happens here, in Mumbai the picture may be different.

Last edited:
Jatin sorry to read about this incident, by the description of the accident you seems to be very lucky by the grace of the god. I suggest you to move on in your life, claim the damages from your insurance company and get your back in shape as soon as possible. There is no point in wasting time and running from pillar to post. Corruption in our system is so deep rooted that there is no point in dragging our feet, he is a transporter and may surely have knowledge of all the loop holes of the system.

I may sound little absurd but this is the truth of life here in our country, you are safe that is the most important thing.

Jatin, Very sorry to here this situation and im glad you are safe by gods grace.
Once you get the FIR, hook up a lawyer and get a notice sent out to that travel guys. This will help get a off court setellement.
Working with police to get this done will never help. Unless if you use some external/political powers.
Start the repair on your car with insurance and dont leave it for dust.
Sometimes, things happen even without our mistake and this really hurts a lot. Last but not least, please thank god for saving you on this incident.

Hey Jatin, sad to see the accident and happy that you came out unharmed. Try get hold of the transport company and claim as much you can from him. After all its wasn't your fault in any way.

I suggest you to move on in your life, claim the damages from your insurance company and get your back in shape as soon as possible. There is no point in wasting time and running from pillar to post. Corruption in our system is so deep rooted that there is no point in dragging our feet, he is a transporter and may surely have knowledge of all the loop holes of the system.
Corruption is truth in the country but it doesn't mean that the guilty should be left free, which in a way is encouraging corruption.

If I would have been in Jatin's place I would have left no stone unturned to have the transport guy compensate for his mistake. If the truck driver and transport agency is left free, there are chances that the truck driver repeats the mistake again and again.

This reminds me of the accident that took place with us in my Indica V2 DLS a few years back. The only difference in our case was that even the rear glass had broken. We had parked our car on the road and gone to a shop. Suddenly we heard a loud thud and rushed out only to notice that a mini van had hit our car from back. The driver was totally drunk. We handed over the driver to the cops and contacted the owner of the transport agency to whom the mini truck belonged to. When we visited the T.A.S.S with him, we were given a quotation of 25k for replacing the parts. Since the cops were around the owner of the transport agency had to give the cash.

Thread Starter #9
Hello everyone .

First of all , I cant express the feeling , that so may of you care to respond to me , i love this site everytime i visit .Thank you all for your valuable feedback .

as i told earlier we had contact number for the manager of the company . we asked him to pay all the expenses but he has asked to claim car expenses through his truck which was also new , and hence it is beneficial to me in all aspects , as it wont hit my car papers not my pocket .

spoke to Maruti A.S.S they said it can be done but it'll take atleast 1.5 years to 2 years for the case to complete . as ill have to appoint a judge and take this case to court . by the time the judge takes a decision the car wil rot in police custody .

it take minimum a year for cases like these to sort . and ofcourse i have to run all the time till the case ends .

I decided to go with my car insurance itself and successfully completed all the paper work today.

My Insurance is of Bajaj Allianz MI Cashless insurance . it is not a Zero Dep insurance . i was not aware neither was i told about this 0 dep insurance.

my insurance covers 90% on metal and 50% on plastic parts.

i have been given an estimate of 20k - 30k which covers

1 : New tail Lights
2 : New Boot Door
3: New rear Bumper
4 : Repairs on bot the Rear Fenders ( space between door and Bumper ) 2 bents on top and bottom ( both left and reght side of the car )
5: Driver seat would be changed , atleast its mechanism ( the imact was so immense that the driver seat recliner and movement mechanism was broken )
6: inner boot plastics
7: the inside boot chasis ( made of metal ) was bent so much that there is no boot space left inside the car ( this is where 5th tyre rests )
8: Front Bumper ( dent on left which occured earlier in 2012 )

Regards
Jatin

Hello everyone .

First of all , I cant express the feeling , that so may of you care to respond to me , i love this site everytime i visit .Thank you all for your valuable feedback .

as i told earlier we had contact number for the manager of the company . we asked him to pay all the expenses but he has asked to claim car expenses through his truck which was also new , and hence it is beneficial to me in all aspects , as it wont hit my car papers not my pocket .

spoke to Maruti A.S.S they said it can be done but it'll take atleast 1.5 years to 2 years for the case to complete . as ill have to appoint a judge and take this case to court . by the time the judge takes a decision the car wil rot in police custody .

it take minimum a year for cases like these to sort . and ofcourse i have to run all the time till the case ends .

I decided to go with my car insurance itself and successfully completed all the paper work today.

My Insurance is of Bajaj Allianz MI Cashless insurance . it is not a Zero Dep insurance . i was not aware neither was i told about this 0 dep insurance.

4 : Repairs on bot the Rear Fenders ( space between door and Bumper ) 2 bents on top and bottom ( both left and reght side of the car )
5: Driver seat would be changed , atleast its mechanism ( the imact was so immense that the driver seat recliner and movement mechanism was broken )
7: the inside boot chasis ( made of metal ) was bent so much that there is no boot space left inside the car ( this is where 5th tyre rests )

Regards
Jatin
Jatin get the rims checked also as the force from backside would have caused damage to rims also.
Try to claim tyres if possible, as its unsafe if such sudden weight can impact tyres as well, though if no visible damage can be seen.

Hello everyone .

Regards
Jatin
Hi Jatin,

Sorry for what you have gone through. I am glad you escaped unhurt. [clap]
Getting things sorted out with the insurance company is the best thing to do in this situation.
The case will undoubtedly take long to complete and once done you will get back an incomplete vehicle. If you know what I mean.. :stupid:

Jatin,
While in the process of getting your car fixed, ensure an FIR is raised against this accident as "hit and run" by the truck driver becos he ran away after the accident. This point holds very good for you in future and when ever case comes in for hearing, out of court settlement can be reached.

Hi Jatin, i feel pained to see that state of your car. I can understand how it feels when your ride gets hurt for no fault of yours. Before claiming the insurance, do try to get the compensation from the transporter. You shouldnt loose the NCB for no fault of yours. If the transporter doesnt pay, then ask him to pay atleast the balance amount payable after claiming the insurance.

My car was rear ended by a Bolero last week, and i understand how hard i had to toil to get the amount reimbursed from the transporter!

It is very disheartening to see such mess without any fault from your side. These transporter guys are very hard nuts. It will take time to break them. But do try to negotiate with them.

Jatin, how is the repair work going? Could you get some settlement (out of court) from the truck owner/ agency.

Do post some pictures of your car in WIP or if it is already repaired.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Top Bottom