Do You Notify Other Riders About their Side Stand?

Do you notify bike riders of their side-stand?

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Many people forget to take side stand off when riding their bikes and scooters. I always try to tell them about it because they can fall when turning(have seen that happen to a biker). Many other people just zoom past them without trying to notify them of it. Do you notify them? Also, do they thank you?

Re: Do you notify other rides about their side-stand?

Its a common scene seen on roads with many riders tend to forget to lift up their side stands, bikes,gearless scooters, geared ones too who get it fixed after market, and yes i do always try to tell them if they are within the reach to tell and mostly have been thanked and smiled for the same.Same has been told to me as well a couple of times when i did forget to lift up my ride stand completely.

Re: Do you notify other rides about their side-stand?

I always notify, because have seen some bad accidents with them !!

Re: Do you notify other riders about their side-stand?

A humble request to all the members, please do try your best in notifying them about the side-stand, its really a dangerous thing and i cannot imagine the impact.

And i do get the drivers hand waving and a large grin to me as a token of appreciation.

And most important thing is you should inform the car owners if the doors are not closed properly.

My city really has responsible people for this purpose, they zoom past us and notify us.
even some experienced BMTC bus drivers do that(less often though).

another area of concern especially in north india is ladies riding pillion with their chunies hanging down. Its a recipe for disaster.

another area of concern especially in north india is ladies riding pillion with their chunies hanging down. Its a recipe for disaster.
Yes, that is also a important concern and in south the danger is with the ends of saree getting into the rear wheel.

Other thing I noticed here is the pillion rider women catches a small baby so carelessly and most of the time they look to me like falling from hand. I warn them so many times on this

Yes I Do, and i have learnt it from fellow motorists who have informed me of the same, Like Viswas said in Bangalore we have responsible people in terms of informing others of open doors, hanging dupattas, un retracted side stands, moreover when we get a thanking guesture, Thats priceless ! [:)]

Definitely yes .Even had done u turn to do so if they are with family and kids .

I had been warned many times by many, thanks to those good souls.

AMG

Suspended

It all depends on my mood.

I always notify even I notify the pillion if her duppata or shawl is loosely hanging down. If my wife is there at pillion she will also notify ..

Thread Starter #11

What about indicators? There are many 2-wheelers who turn their indicators on and forget to turn them off. Do you notify them about that?

Notifying people is what I consider as my duty as I personally feel that it can make difference between life and death. Though never witnessed any accident till date happening due to this but once I came across a Pulsar riding guy ran over by a Tempo traveller mini bus only because when the guy took a sharp cut to change the lane after overtaking the bus, his side stand struck the road and the bike instead of turning ran straight and fell while the bus driver applied hard brakes but still bus ran over the guy killing him.

Whenever we notify anyone of this I find that people give us a thanks with a smile and I too do the same when I get such notification. Who knows, the person has saved my life by just telling me that my side stand isn't folded!!

IN TERMS OF INDICATORS.. I haven't ever notified anyone.

I always notify even I notify the pillion if her duppata or shawl is loosely hanging down. If my wife is there at pillion she will also notify ..
+1 to that,
I always do the same.

As about indicators, I don't tell them.

Top Bottom