Where To Stick 'L' Sticker on My Car?

Thread Starter #1
I purchased a All New Honda city recently.
I will be driving it on roads from today.
As i am still learning how to drive a car can someone please tell me are there any specific spots where the L sticker is supposed to be stuck and also should the color of the sticker be only red?
How do i stick with out damaging the paint of my car?

350Z

Core Team
How do i stick with out damaging the paint of my car?
Windshield is the most ideal location (LHS on front and RHS on rear). You could use either a red insulation tape or write bold ‘L’ in red on white paper and stick it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Windshield is the most ideal location (LHS on front and RHS on rear). You could use either a red insulating tape or write bold ‘L’ in red on white paper and stick it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
This is the RTO rule to be more specific and the in the "L" symbol the vertical line shouldn't exceed 14cms.
All the best for your driving, wish you miles of safe and happy driving.

As far as possible, don't stick L sticker. Others will bully you.
Actually I'd strongly suggest him to stick the 'L' sticker. So that, in case of an accident if it's his fault he might be handled gently. Also, for a very few drivers on the road who actually respect 'L' drivers, he might get some space on the road.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
Actually I'd strongly suggest him to stick the 'L' sticker. So that, in case of an accident if it's his fault he might be handled gently. Also, for a very few drivers on the road who actually respect 'L' drivers, he might get some space on the road.
Agreed. It’s quite important to stick “L” for learners. While some do try to bully them on road but there are certain people who are helpful as well. Secondly, do not drive alone. Someone who is confident with driving and knows road sense should be sitting on the co-driver seat to guide. On a related note, we have a separate discussion thread about the value of “L” board on learner’s cars: Link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

what are RTO approved dimensions on L sign ? I could not find officicl number anywhere.
please help
I'm quoting my post from the thread http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/road-safety-driving-sense/2831-value-l-board-learner-s-cars.html
Today I crossed almost a good amount of L Boards. To my surprise some of the L boards were not visible at all.
1. L written by using red insulation tap on windshields.
2. L written by black marker in white of A5 size (Half of A4 paper)
3. L shape cutting done from A4 size pink flourcest colour paper.

I wonder, are we don't have standard for the L Board? During my driving school training, my instructor explained about size of L board which I am sharing here. May be useful to somebody who need it.

Board Size 18 cm with white background
Letter Colour RED
Letter Size height 10 cms. Width 9 cms. Thickness 2 cms.

And the L board to be prominently displayed in front and rear of the vehicle.

Top Bottom