Hurrah - My First Experience of Driving on Highways

Thread Starter #1
I have been driving in city since few months. Last week I drove my swift to 200 Kms on highways, and that was really nice experience to engage in 5th gear and notice the speedometer at 90. It was quite easier to drive on highway then in city, probably because highways in gujarat are quite safer with 4 lanes and deviders in between.

Enjoyed it, now I am planning to go to kuttch very soon [clap]

350Z

Core Team
Congrats. Yes, cruising on highways is far more convenient than driving in jam packed cities. Though do ensure not to over speed and follow correct driving etiquettes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I have been driving in city since few months. Last week I drove my swift to 200 Kms on highways, and that was really nice experience to engage in 5th gear and notice the speedometer at 90. It was quite easier to drive on highway then in city, probably because highways in gujarat are quite safer with 4 lanes and deviders in between.

Enjoyed it, now I am planning to go to kuttch very soon [clap]
If possible try the expressway between Vadodara and Ahmedabad. You'll love the butter smooth road and a few smooth curves. At places it gets scenic too.

freakdude.

Congrats mate, Driving on the highway for the first time is a life time memory for a petrolhead.

It's completely a different story compared to driving in city traffic.

But always remember to keep a safe distance and be extra careful on highways as the crusing speed on highways is always higher.

Thread Starter #5
Thank you all for comments, Yeah I tried no to go over 100, but still some time it reached upto 100. Really enjoyed. Now I am impatient for kuttch trip.
Does any one know how are the highways in kutch ?

The highway to kutch id NH8A you will be able to connect it from morbi.
The highway are very good.The 6 lane work is in progress from samakhiyali onwards.I have been there recently.there are two tool booths.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, the last two weekend was great for me when I drove twice on highways.
Trip one - A day trip to ShivaSamundram- Maximum speed attained 125 on NICE road when I overtook a Scoda.Total distance covered 350 KM.

Trip 2nd- 2 day trip to Pondy and total distance covered 900KM , highest speed attained 140KK on Salem-Bangalore Highway to overtake Swift VDI.

My question to expert, since my car is just ran for 200 KM before taking to highway, is it advisable to attain a speed more than 100KMPH. I maintained a steady speed of 100KMPH during Pondy trip.

Total KM run till now is 1400 KM, so do I need to put some check on speed limit for fairly new car. Sometime ( 2-3 occasions) my gear changing is not s smooth instead of 5th gear I tried to change to 3rd gear by mistake. Will it harm the gear box?

I learned driving on highway only and feel it's better place to drive though in city changing gear is irritating.

sramanandi good to hear about your highway experience. though i would advice you to gain a few kilometers of experience before you rip along highway. also try doing a sudden braking from triple digit speeds to know how your car behaves in such situations after making sure that there are no vehicles behind you.

Top Bottom