3M CR70 Windscreen Sunfilm

Thread Starter #1
So after a long wait and thinking and selection process, I got 3M CR70 sunfilm installed on my Scorpio's windscreen. Here are the details and the pictures for you folks

Product : 3M CR70 Clear coat film
Vendor: 3M HSR Layout, Bangalore - Amazing customer interaction, great people and wonderful experience
Time taken: appx. 1.5 hrs
Damage to wallet: 7750 for the film + appx. 1000Rs for Car Shampoo and Instant detailer + Micro fiber duster
Satisfaction level - 9/10 - Can't give 10 - human nature :)

Anyway, here are the pics of the job

Attachments

lxi.

Suspended
Very nice work done buddy.
I got sunfilm for my car 1 week ago. I got 5o percent visibility ones because of Delhi police. The price was Rs.1200 for sides and rear. The guy qouted Rs.850 for front 50 percent. I refused for front sunfilm as it may hinder visibility at night. The brand is Autographix, the shop had no other brands like 3m, garware,etc with him.
Is it 70 percent visibility 350z, i think.(correct me if i am wrong)

Thread Starter #4
350z it is 70% visibility and its pretty good till now. Heat reduction is good but its not like that it will cut the heat to 0%. I think lots of people think that it will cut all the heat and then get disappointed with results. For I knew it will reduce and not stop all the heat and its doing the job. Now after installarion, I'm feeling the heat is very mild infact you feel the front glass has become very smooth and doesn't hurt with sun while driving.

Night drive has become better as well as it cuts the glare from opposite vehicles.

Overall its good product and if done by pros' can help a lot. Go for it if you want a front windscreen film.

The only thing I didn't like is the watermark on the film is too prominent and may hamper with photographs from Inside the car. Guess nothing can be done now :(

I did drive a getz for some days with this film.
guess what , till that friend showed the sunfilms mark - 3M i never know that the car is sunfilmed at front!

Congrats , have happy driving

lxi.

Suspended
@gdave, yes bhai. It is for front windshield. See the thread title. He must be having side films from before.

There is no 3M outlet near our place.

I saw Garware film for front windshield.

70% visibility and 50% heat reduction.

Can anybody tell more about effectiveness of Garware and glare if any during night driving.

There is no 3M outlet near our place.

I saw Garware film for front windshield.

70% visibility and 50% heat reduction.

Can anybody tell more about effectiveness of Garware and glare if any during night driving.
AFAIK garware are the OEM suppliers to 3M Films.
The only sad part about the garware films is since retailers have huge margins with them you never know if the film you intend to apply is the film you are going to get.

Hi,

Just to update the thread

I have sticked a sun film for my 800 in GP road, Chennai, yesterday.
3M CR70 for front - 3800rs
normal dark sun film for rear - 450rs
satisfaction level: 8.5/10

Hi everybody ,I am new joinee in this group. Would like to know more about 3m cr70 for my Ford Figo aspire. How was the experience of driving with it for anyone who has it.
Can you pls help me

Welcome to the Club. I already have 3M's CR70 for the windshield and RE35 for rest for my Figo.
Your comments on same if fixed over heating coil on rear wind shield..will the heat from coil during rain and winter,will create bubble or expansion on the film at heating coil locations
The heating coil is just Embedded onto the rear wind shield..I have done it on my car..many say I should not have carried out..it is ok for front but NOT for rear wind shield

Top Bottom