"Tyremate" From Roger Motors: Tyre Pressure Monitoring

Thread Starter #1
I installed the "tyremate" solution form roger motors, valsad, on my nano twist, about 3 weeks ago.
my experience...

checked into the 'roger' showroom on the valsad highway on 11July. understood product details from salesman. and asked him to install the sensors on my nano for a demo. he obliged. the default alarm threshold setting was 26 psi. i asked him to reconfigure for 24 psi. when the pressure went 25psi , it began sounding the alarm. so I got the threshold reconfigured to 22psi. The alarm now sounds only at 24 psi and below. display indicates only 2 digits viz. 24, 25, 26....and not 24.2, 25.7, 26.9.

Took a drive, was satisfied with live psi monitoring. [thumbsup] display indicates tyre temperature too intermittently !

the 4 sensors fit on the tyre valves and these are not interchangeable. meaning FR, FL, RR, RL marked sensors fit on the respective tyres. To fill air, the nuts holding the sensors are to be loosened and sensor removed.
I tried fitting and removing the sensors just to be sure. btw, i was assured that in case any sensor is misplaced, a new one would be supplied by the company.

1 week later I found the tyre pressure low in my parking in the society (Thane, mumbai). tried removing the sensors but could not ! so i took to a puncturewaala and he also could not !! and then another puncture waala and he also couldnt loosen the nuts and remove the sensors !!![frustration] i was horrified; called up the customer care of roger motors. the agent was very supportive and immediately directed me to a garage in thane. even there the mechanic took 30 mins to remove all 4 sensors. The customer support agent offered to send new nuts in place. i wrote to roger motors that in case the new set also behaves similarly, i would return the product with refund.

4 days later the new nuts arrived. i fit the sensors (careful not to tighten too much) and tried removal multiple times. it worked. drove around for some time. and tried removing the sensors again; was able to loosen the nut and remove the sensor. phew ! i was relieved.

the 12V display does restart on its own, at times, during jerks and jumps, and when it restarts it makes an annoying noise. thats about the only grouse.

to sum it up, the "tyremate" from roger motors is good, since you are always sure of whether the tyres are underinflated, overinflated or correctly inflated. a little overpriced perhaps at Rs.8200. but be prepared for some extra activity everytime heck and fill air (viz. nut loosening, sensor removal, sensor refit and nut tightening on every tyre)

p.s. iam neither endorsing or advertising for roger motors. the above is my experience with their product.

Attachments

Last edited:
I'd anyday prefer an internal TPMS, compared to an outside sensor based one. Also 8k for external is pretty steep IMO. Internal sensor based TPMS start from 9k I guess. MGA range also costs 12k

Having said that, customer service is definitely on the impressive side.

I'd anyday prefer an internal TPMS, compared to an outside sensor based one. Also 8k for external is pretty steep IMO. Internal sensor based TPMS start from 9k I guess. MGA range also costs 12k.
I agree.
You can get internal sensors like Sensair for less (apparently at discounted price of Rs. 7,500) than external sensor prices. More details here: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS - Team-BHP

Thread Starter #4
I agree.
You can get internal sensors like Sensair for less (apparently at discounted price of Rs. 7,500) than external sensor prices. More details here: SensAiry : An app-based TPMS - Team-BHP
Now I feel should have done more research before buying this[frustration]. Am I right in assuming that with the internal sensors, no extra activity would be required during air filling? Viz removal refitting ? If yes, that should be Hobson's choice!!

Now I feel should have done more research before buying this[frustration]. Am I right in assuming that with the internal sensors, no extra activity would be required during air filling? Viz removal refitting ? If yes, that should be Hobson's choice!!
Yes, your assumption is right.

The product and service is very good but only for those who fit Nitrogen in their tyres where checking and refill is less frequent.
Anyways you have added a nice safety equipment to your car.

I installed SensAiry Bluetooth LE Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) 6 weeks back. Pretty happy with the system, the great thing is, I can monitor the tyres using a app on my mobile phone.

I installed SensAiry Bluetooth LE Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) 6 weeks back. Pretty happy with the system, the great thing is, I can monitor the tyres using a app on my mobile phone.
Interesting. We are working with a BLE device called ublox to monitor the suspension of car using ublox's accelerator readings which are 'advertised' every second by the device, but now and then we face disconnection of BLE connection. Does the SensAiry have problem of disconnection ? I don't think disconnection of tyre pressure monitoring now and then is critical but just want to know if this is general problem with BLE device?

Last edited:

Top Bottom