Jopasu Car Duster - Layman's Mini Review

Thread Starter #1
It's been a couple of months I've been struggling to get a decent Car Cleaner guy, and after many hits & misses, thought of getting the Jopasu Car Duster.

Had read quite a bit on Amazon & TBHP, and finally placed an order for Rs.679/-, the carton was delivered within a week.

I'm quite happy with the cleaning quality of this product, just takes a couple of minutes to clean the outside and insides of both my Nano & Wagon R.

DSC_0630.JPG

DSC_0631.JPG

DSC_0632.JPG

bhvm

Honoured Member
I think the prices on Amazon has been raised somewhere in the region of 900~970 now. I wanted to buy one too.

I have ordered at least 5 of these so far for my cars and my friends. This is indeed a very good product. The only grouse if the handle being too light and have a tendency to break in due coarse. However, lighter weight means easy to handle as well.

Another Jopasu Duster fan here [:D]. I have also rejuvenated mine but could not bring it back to it's best performance. I would say it was close to 75% of its dusting capability which is not bad for one third of the bottle. The down side is humongous washing effort with quite a bit of water and manpower. Besides, the threads of the duster gives up a little after all the washing and squeezing. I planned to use all that is left in my rejuvenator bottle in my next wash and be done with it.

I bought the combo pack about 3yrs ago. It consists of the duster, a micro fiber towel, a bristled(like the duster) glove and a micro fiber glove for approx. Rs.1200 if I remember correctly.
Never used anything else on my car since(except from MASS washes).
I usually clean/wash my car myself almost 98% of the time, the remaining 2% being done by service center guys during servicing.
The duster is great to dust off on regular/daily basis. It really removes dust and can work for a few months without washing the duster. To wash the duster, it has to be removed from the handle and rinsed thoroughly. as mentioned in the above post, it requires effort as the dust clings to the bristles to make your car clean. I think its worth it.
I use the gloves to clean my bike.
Another thing worthy of mention is the micro fiber towel. Though its size is small, I have been exclusively using it to wash my Car and its still going strong.
I use Amway car shampoo and clean the car with the towel and use the same towel after rinsing it to remove the residual water.

I am neither pissed nor happy about the Jopasu duster. I am really not sure why it is famous. It does help clean like any other soft fabric - that's it. All that talk about 'lifting' dust etc is marketing gobbledygook. Mine has become really dirty after may be 40-50 uses. I rinsed it in soap water and dried it but the brown dirty color still exist.

Thread Starter #10
It's been a couple of months I've been struggling to get a decent Car Cleaner guy, and after many hits & misses, thought of getting the Jopasu Car Duster.

Had read quite a bit on Amazon & TBHP, and finally placed an order for Rs.679/-, the carton was delivered within a week.

I'm quite happy with the cleaning quality of this product, just takes a couple of minutes to clean the outside and insides of both my Nano & Wagon R.

View attachment 222389

View attachment 222390

View attachment 222391
9 months usage update

After more than 9months rigorous usage, found the dusting efficiency reduced by more than 50%, it was very dirty and filthy, thanks to the dusty environment around all of us, anyway...

Took it out of the handle and put it in the washing machine and washed for 40 minutes, and spin dried in the dryer, and left it out overnight to dry, and used it today morning, worked well, no rejuvinator used, let's see how long it lasts.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
9 months usage update

Took it out of the handle and put it in the washing machine and washed for 40 minutes,[surprise] and spin dried in the dryer, and left it out overnight to dry, and used it today morning, worked well, no rejuvenator used, let's see how long it lasts.
I think it will damage the duster and will decrease the cleaning significantly.Would be happy to have proven wrong though.[;)]

Last edited:
The duster actually causes scratches on the paint (same as swirls) as it gets dirty over time. Washing it only makes it worse because the strings become harder and can make scratches even without any dirt. I stopped using my duster after rejuvenating it a couple of times.

I am using Jopasu car duster for last 3 years. Still it is doing its duty as per my satisfaction though dust absorbing capacity has reduced. I have also bought liquid to be sprayed on duster which rejuvenate its dust absorption capacity. No complaint as such.[clap]

Top Bottom