Bergmann Hurricane Car Vacuum Cleaner Review

Thread Starter #1
Hi Buddies,
I brought home my Tiago XZ back in July and was searching for ways to keep its carpet neat and clean. I am not a fan of full-floor PVC mats even with high recommendations by decor shops, friends and family. So my hunt for a car vacuum cleaner began online.

One fine day I ran into this little guy on Amazon.in and was quite impressed with their product video where it sucks two smartphones in one go. Luckily it was on a lightning deal for Rs.1100 (normally 1700 - 2000) within a week so I grabbed my piece right away. I will let the pictures talk through the rest of this review.

Model: Bergmann BAV-100
Make: German
Bought from: Amazon India (Product Link)
Cost: Rs 1099

Pros:
- Small and portable, yet very powerful suction with a 100 Watts motor.
- Useful accessories. The flexi tube makes cleaning easier by not having to hold the main unit by hand all the time.
- Easy to dismantle dust collector bin to empty out what it sucked in.
- Runs quieter.

Cons:
- None yet, will update if I find any in future.

Product Packaging:
Packaging.jpg

Main Unit: Power cord has in-line velcro strap and is 10 feet (3 meters) tall. Suction motor runs comparatively quieter and did not bother my ears.
Cleaner.jpg

Motor unit appears to be tampered (probably repaired/refurbished) but didn't send for replacement as it worked fine:
Damaged.jpg

Attachments: The flexible tube is the only part that can be attached to main unit. Other three attachments cannot be directly connected, they have to go through this flexi tube (or hose pipe they call it). The one with the brush is my favorite, scrubs out dust particles from carpet and sends into the vacuum unit effortlessly.
Tools.jpg

Power: Draws power from 12V socket. Has its own fuse (plus a spare fuse) to protect car's electricals. Make sure to leave the engine running at idle while using this machine.
Power Socket.jpg

The Results: Swears by its name "Hurricane" [:D]
Results 01.jpg
Results 02.jpg
Results 03.jpg

Dust Collector:
Dust Bag.jpg

HEPA Filter:
HEPA Filter.jpg

Back into box: All attachments neatly slot into their places.
Back to Box.jpg

Will I recommend this beast, hell yea [thumbsup]!!

Re: Bergmann Hurricane Car Vacuum Cleaner - Review

Hi,
Congrats for your new Car [clap]
I have purchased same Bergmann Vacuum cleaner for my Bolt last month.
Cost Rs 930 on Amazon.in (After 2 days of my order placed, its price down to Rs 650/- [frustration])
Not used yet as I am away from my city for my official work.
Hope this cleaner will satisfy all my need of interior cleaning.

Thread Starter #3

Hi,
Congrats for your new Car [clap]
I have purchased same Bergmann Vacuum cleaner for my Bolt last month.
Cost Rs 930 on Amazon.in (After 2 days of my order placed, its price down to Rs 650/- [frustration])
Not used yet as I am away from my city for my official work.
Hope this cleaner will satisfy all my need of interior cleaning.
Thank you Nilesh. I hope you love this vacuum. I guess you have bought the Tornado model which has 60W motor vs 100W in Hurricane model.
I too have ran into your situation with some of my online purchases, they are so damn fluctuating.

Got chance to use newly purchased Bergmann vacuum cleaner. It works amazing. Suction power is very satisfactory. Wire length is good enough to run up to boot space [clap].

Attachments

Hi Buddies,
I brought home my Tiago XZ back in July and was searching for ways to keep its carpet neat and clean. I am not a fan of full-floor PVC mats even with high recommendations by decor shops, friends and family. So my hunt for a car vacuum cleaner began online.

One fine day I ran into this little guy on Amazon.in and was quite impressed with their product video where it sucks two smartphones in one go. Luckily it was on a lightning deal for Rs.1100 (normally 1700 - 2000) within a week so I grabbed my piece right away. I will let the pictures talk through the rest of this review.

Model: Bergmann BAV-100
Make: German
Bought from: Amazon India (Product Link)
Cost: Rs 1099

Pros:
- Small and portable, yet very powerful suction with a 100 Watts motor.
- Useful accessories. The flexi tube makes cleaning easier by not having to hold the main unit by hand all the time.
- Easy to dismantle dust collector bin to empty out what it sucked in.
- Runs quieter.

Cons:
- None yet, will update if I find any in future.

Product Packaging:
View attachment 206009

Main Unit: Power cord has in-line velcro strap and is 10 feet (3 meters) tall. Suction motor runs comparatively quieter and did not bother my ears.
View attachment 206005

Motor unit appears to be tampered (probably repaired/refurbished) but didn't send for replacement as it worked fine:
View attachment 206006

Attachments: The flexible tube is the only part that can be attached to main unit. Other three attachments cannot be directly connected, they have to go through this flexi tube (or hose pipe they call it). The one with the brush is my favorite, scrubs out dust particles from carpet and sends into the vacuum unit effortlessly.
View attachment 206004

Power: Draws power from 12V socket. Has its own fuse (plus a spare fuse) to protect car's electricals. Make sure to leave the engine running at idle while using this machine.
View attachment 206010

The Results: Swears by its name "Hurricane" [:D]
View attachment 206011
View attachment 206012
View attachment 206015

Dust Collector:
View attachment 206007

HEPA Filter:
View attachment 206008

Back into box: All attachments neatly slot into their places.
View attachment 206013

Will I recommend this beast, hell yea [thumbsup]!!
Hi,

Just visited the site Amazon. In as per the link you have provided.

Now the price is showing 1699 for the same product[surprise].

Really confused, what to do as even i am looking for good vacuum cleaner for my Lisa purchased in July 2016.

Any advice??

Thread Starter #6

Hi,

Just visited the site Amazon. In as per the link you have provided.

Now the price is showing 1699 for the same product[surprise].

Really confused, what to do as even i am looking for good vacuum cleaner for my Lisa purchased in July 2016.

Any advice??
Hi Suraj,
Its the regular price of this model and it may drop to around 1400 or less during lightning deals. If you can wait, look out for sale offers, otherwise I would definitely recommend this product even at 1700 INR.

Hi Suraj,
Its the regular price of this model and it may drop to around 1400 or less during lightning deals. If you can wait, look out for sale offers, otherwise I would definitely recommend this product even at 1700 INR.
Thanks for the advice prabhakar!!!!

Though I will wait for couple of days, however as u r saying it's worth even 1700 then I won't wait much longer.

If the product is so good, I don't Think I should let it go.

Hey prabhakar I just saw Bergmann BAV-60 on eBay for 1159 rupees only. Should I go for this or wait for Bergmann BAV-100? What's the major difference between the two.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8

Thanks for the advice prabhakar!!!!

Though I will wait for couple of days, however as u r saying it's worth even 1700 then I won't wait much longer.

If the product is so good, I don't Think I should let it go.

Hey prabhakar I just saw Bergmann BAV-60 on eBay for 1159 rupees only. Should I go for this or wait for Bergmann BAV-100? What's the major difference between the two.
Not a problem. BAV-60 (Tornado) is the lower powered model with no flexi tube accessory (the one Nilesh had bought). Please get the BAV-100 model (Hurricane).

Thanks for the advice prabhakar!!!! Though I will wait for couple of days, however as u r saying
it's worth even 1700 then I won't wait much longer.
Best way to keep a watch is by downloading the Amazon app and adding the items to 'Wish list' or 'Saved for later' list in it.
Turn on the notifications and the app will notify instantly whenever there is a change in price!. [:)]

Best way to keep a watch is by downloading the Amazon app and adding the items to 'Wish list' or 'Saved for later' list in it.
Turn on the notifications and the app will notify instantly whenever there is a change in price!. [:)]
Thanks buddy!!!?

I also believe this will be the best way to get the favourable deal.

Thanks a lot for suggesting!!!!!

I too have purchased the Bergmann hurricane vacuum cleaner and using since 3 months.I had purchased it at a steal price from amazon for rs550 .I should say its a brilliant equipment .I had contacted the service once to buy a spare HEPA filter and it costs rs175 including shipping to Bangalore .Payment needs to be made to their account directly.

Thread Starter #15

I too have purchased the Bergmann hurricane vacuum cleaner and using since 3 months.I had purchased it at a steal price from amazon for rs550 .I should say its a brilliant equipment .I had contacted the service once to buy a spare HEPA filter and it costs rs175 including shipping to Bangalore .Payment needs to be made to their account directly.
Reasonable price for HEPA filter IMO. Wondering if it is washable & reusable type filter?

Top Bottom