Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (Rs.130 Only)

Thread Starter #1
I was just browsing aliexpress when I noticed this simple but effective product. The best part was its price. Yes, you have read it correctly that the price is just Rs 130. The price made me interested in the product and I read all the reviews and also searched other sellers with same product.

As you guys know that tyre pressure monitoring system costs easily around 5k. This product visually alerts you when the tyre pressure is low. High costing TPMS gives you reading of pressure of each tyre and with this product you have to check all the tyres individually. Right, money gives you comfort but how much time does it take to have a glance on each four tyres individually. Oh, I do it everyday before taking my ride out. So this product is doing same what a 10k product is doing. I am smart, isn't it [:D].

Check pics for the product.

Inflate your tyres to the prescribed pressure. Install these pressure cap on the tyre valve. They will change colour to indicate the pressure.

Green : The tyre pressure is normal.
Yellow: The tyre pressure is down a bit.
Red : The tyre pressure needs to be refilled.

I am providing the link for the product:

4pcs/Set Car Tyres Tire Pressure Gauge Monitor Diagnostic Indicator Tpms Monitoring Cap Sensor Alert Car tyre Meter Accessories-in Tire Pressure Alarm from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The product was delivered to me by post in 8-9 days. There are lots of sellers on aliexpress. Search TPMS on the site and select price low to high option. Do ensure that shipping is free to India.

I am using this product since a week and till now its green [:D]. I am yet to check if it changes colour. You can easily check the colour from a distance. I checked all the reviews on the site and people using the product confirmed that they are satisfied and it do alert in case of pressure loss. I hope this review will help you guys a bit.

Attachments

Thanks @Auto_Pilot, for review of this new TPMS, if you have a tyre inflator at home, try and reduce the pressure on the tyre, and then see if the TPMS sensor changes color.

Also, do you have these attached to your tube outlet all the time? or just put it on to check the air pressure.

Though the solution may seem to be cheap, there are many negative impacts and constraints.
- It doesn't let you know if you tire is over inflated
- It is calibrated for 2.4 bar, market has few cars which recommend Front tire pressure less than 2.4 bar. In those cases either the device will always say the tire is under inflated (though it is as per manufacturer recommendation) or the owner will over inflate based on device indication.
- Chances of air leakage is more if the tire valve is already damaged / dust accumulated.
- Excess length projecting outside is highly dangerous (hitting the median / other obstacles will damage the tire valve ending with flat tires at high speeds)

PS: Image says 2.4 bar where as the Aliexpress site says 2.4 PSi [anger]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
I do not have inflator at home and moreover I use Nitrogen. I will surely update in case it changes colour. However there are reviews of people from all over the world that it do change colour when the pressure is lost.

It works on the principle that when you install it, it considers that you have now normal pressure. Limit is 36 psi. So do inflate tyres to prescribed pressure before installing them. Now if tyre losses pressure it will change colour.

I have attached them permanently. They are like the valve cap which we normally use. They are not too big. I found them better option then the valve cap which we use.

Is it possible to remove these by hands ? Then there is also a chance for theft when parked in public / roadside parking.

Thread Starter #6
Though the solution may seem to be cheap, there are many negative impacts and constraints.
- It doesn't let you know if you tire is over inflated
- It is calibrated for 2.4 bar, market has few cars which recommend Front tire pressure less than 2.4 bar. In those cases either the device will always say the tire is under inflated (though it is as per manufacturer recommendation) or the owner will over inflate based on device indication.
- Chances of air leakage is more if the tire valve is already damaged / dust accumulated.
- Excess length projecting outside is highly dangerous (hitting the median / other obstacles will damage the tire valve ending with flat tires at high speeds)

PS: Image says 2.4 bar where as the Aliexpress site says 2.4 PSi [anger]
Yes, my friend as this is basic so it will not tell you about over inflated. Over inflated tyre is not a concern in my view. It will happen in case you drive for a long time during hot summer. All tyres will over inflate then that is normal not dangerous. It will come to normal as soon as the tyres cool down. Car manufacturer as well as tyre manufacturer recommends tyre pressure considering all these factors. So the over inflation which you are talking about is already considered by these people. Other reason for the over inflation can be that person filling the pressure does it by mistake. In this case the owner is at fault not the tpms system as the owner should be careful enough to check the pressure of his or her car tyres.

It is not too long as you mentioned it. It is like a valve cap only. I see nil danger of it hitting any object. So this concern is also not a valid one for me.

It do not know about the bar and psi. I do know that this product has a limit of 36 psi. Now this means that in case any tyre uses pressure above 36 psi then it will not track that. It will track pressure till 36 psi. The pic is of my skoda which recommends tyre pressure of 36 psi in back tyres incase it is fully loaded. No car manufacturer recommends tyre pressure above 36 psi as pre my view. So it perfectly works for cars. It is calibrated for 36 psi means it will work for tyre pressure below 36. It does not mean that it will work only for 36. I hope your doubts are clear.

Is it possible to remove these by hands ? Then there is also a chance for theft when parked in public / roadside parking.
Quite possible. Happened to me many times with the fancy valve caps, though tightened with the small spanner provided. Best possible solution should be, buy 2 sets and keep the other as spare [evil] (since it doesn't cost much)

Over inflated tyre is not a concern in my view.
[surprise] Over inflated tires are like suicide bombs.

It will happen in case you drive for a long time during hot summer. All tyres will over inflate then that is normal not dangerous. It will come to normal as soon as the tyres cool down. Car manufacturer as well as tyre manufacturer recommends tyre pressure considering all these factors. So the over inflation which you are talking about is already considered by these people. Other reason for the over inflation can be that person filling the pressure does it by mistake. In this case the owner is at fault not the tpms system as the owner should be careful enough to check the pressure of his or her car tyres.
I'm not speaking about the case 1 (over inflation due to running) That's quite normal and I do know the considerations of tire design and pressure spec decision. The second case which may be due to wrong calibration at the source (Fuel stations / tire shops, which I came across a lot of examples) I agree on your comment that it is the owner's responsibility to check the correctness of tire pressure. But what exactly I wanted to say is This device is not Tire pressure monitoring system, where as Low pressure warning system.

It is not too long as you mentioned it. It is like a valve cap only. I see nil danger of it hitting any object. So this concern is also not a valid one for me.
As you mentioned, it's not applicable for you. But couldn't conclude for all brands. Smaller width tires / wheels have very less gap between the tire outermost edge and the valve edge. OE fitted tire + valves follow certain standards where as the after market wheels and valve combinations were never checked for sufficient clearance.
Have a look at this snap (Image source : Google)
TPMS Valve Stem.JPG

It do not know about the bar and psi. I do know that this product has a limit of 36 psi. Now this means that in case any tyre uses pressure above 36 psi then it will not track that. It will track pressure till 36 psi. The pic is of my skoda which recommends tyre pressure of 36 psi in back tyres incase it is fully loaded. No car manufacturer recommends tyre pressure above 36 psi as pre my view. So it perfectly works for cars. It is calibrated for 36 psi means it will work for tyre pressure below 36. It does not mean that it will work only for 36.
I hope the understanding is wrong here (please correct me if it is other way round) 36 psi is not the limiting pressure. It is the calibration spec for the device (as nominal pressure) below which it will show as low pressure (In simple, the spring inside the device has the stiffness equivalent of 36 psi) For a car with factory spec of 22 psi, this device will always show as under inflated.

I hope your doubts are clear.
Should I repeat this sentence?

PS: All that I commented is to make awareness regarding the limitations of this device and warn people not to blindly go with the indication from this device. I'm not against this product

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Yes, the understanding is wrong with psi. It does not show under pressure if the pressure is less than 36. I am having a pressure of 32 in front and it shows green.

I have read what I am telling you. It is possible that I have read details of some other seller and it might not be mentioned on the link provided by me. What I have read is inflate the tyre at whatever pressure you want (only less than 36 psi) and then install them. Now it will consider that this pressure is normal. In case of pressure loss it will alert.

@Arijitb : Yes buddy it can be easily removed as it is screwed on the valve.

I have these too but havent got around to installing
Firstly, i am concerned it will cause leaks through the threads. Secondly it only goes yellow if pressure drops by 5psi. Now my Baleno specifies 29psi but i already keep 28psi for city comfort. Even though i would prefer a softer ride i havent dared to drop it further Not sure how lower pressure will affect the tyre

Ameyam

Thread Starter #11
I have these too but havent got around to installing
Firstly, i am concerned it will cause leaks through the threads. Secondly it only goes yellow if pressure drops by 5psi. Now my Baleno specifies 29psi but i already keep 28psi for city comfort. Even though i would prefer a softer ride i havent dared to drop it further Not sure how lower pressure will affect the tyre

Ameyam
This is better option then the cap we use on the valve. So do not worry about the leakage .

This is to alert you in case of significant pressure loss. No harm in installing them as you already have those. I understand that it will alert you only if pressure drops by 5 psi but I am sure you do not want to continue driving with such a low pressure. At least it is alerting you that pressure is too low. Your other worry is that it will not alert if the pressure is in between 23 to 28. Correct, it will not but you will have to check pressure anyhow in this scenario with this installed or not.

It really doesn't help much. Firstly i have nitrogen purging done. Secondly, i check the pressure everytime i fuel up which is onceca week usually. So if there is a degradation in tyre, i will come to know. Finally my tyres are just 5k km old

What i really need is monitoring of tyre pressures on long runs so that i can keep an eye on them & prevent the ride being too stiff as the tyres heat up. For this purpose, the stem caps are useless. But i am not sure if the TPMS that are available off aliexpress or even locally from Steelmate or rogerab are accurate & reliable enough at a price of 7k

Ameyam

I hope the understanding is wrong here (please correct me if it is other way round) 36 psi is not the limiting pressure. It is the calibration spec for the device (as nominal pressure) below which it will show as low pressure (In simple, the spring inside the device has the stiffness equivalent of 36 psi) For a car with factory spec of 22 psi, this device will always show as under inflated.
I understand your concern. The one bought by Auto_Pilot is calibrated to 36 psi and anything below it, shows low pressure.

Sellers in Aliexpress have not mentioned correct details and most of them have 36 psi calibrated Tire Pressure Valves. But there are also some sellers who have listed Tire Pressure Valve for 32 psi and 30 psi with correct details. Check these links:

4PCS 2.0Bar 30PSI Car Auto Tire Pressure Monitor Valve Stem Caps Sensor Indicator Eye Alert Diagnostic Tools Kit-in Tire Pressure Alarm from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Car Styling 2.2bar 32PSI Car Tyre Tire Pressure Valve Stem Caps Sensor 3 Color Eye Air Alert tire pressure monitoring cap-in Tire Pressure Alarm from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Or search for "Tire Pressure Valve" instead of TPMS.

For my car, I set 32 psi in front and 30 at back so I'll have to buy both and use two of each.

Top Bottom