ZAAP Bluetooth Receiver For Cars

Thread Starter #1
I have a storme LX model and is equipped with Alpine ICE system. It has USB, Bluetooth phone connectivity with only phone functions, CD player. So completely well kitted base variant in Storme.

I was however wanting more in my ICE and wanted to play songs via Blue tooth however after my research I got to know that A2DP profile which generally works for audio streaming was not embedded in the alpine ice so in no way i could connect and play via blue tooth.

Other problem was I upgraded (or say downgraded) to galaxy grand 2. and always has to pair the phone by entering the digits which was cumbersome my blackberry used to pair automatically the moment it used to be in the range.

There were few hacks/ methods i have read to circumvent this issue however, I have not tried them.

Having said that I wanted to have a
bluetooth device capable of receiving calls,
playing songs from phone
Should be sleek
easy to use
good build
value for money

The ones considered were Soundbot SB360, Tantra Fluke, Zaap, Kinvio
Kinvio is priced around 4 K and simply out of my budget. Tantra fluke around 2K on amazon however it did not come with car charger.

Soundbot SB360 was the one on my list for quite a long time however prohibitively expensive on Ebay or amazon. priced from 2.2K to 9K.
The same devices is available in US Ebay for around $20-24.

Finally I saw the Zaap on Flipkart for 1748 and it could pair multiple phone at a time. This was the deal maker for me. I immidiate went for itand purchased it of. Cash on delivery. Got it delivered in 4 working day and I am happy.

Below are some pics.
zaap1.jpg

zaap2.jpg

zaap3.jpg

zaap4.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: ZAAP Blue tooth Receiver for Cars

Ok now the next questions is, I have Zaap what I can do? how it has helped you?

I can now
1. Play songs from my phone without using the AUX cable so my phone battery is saved.
2. I can manage the songs changes from Zaap. So no need to look at phone while driving simply press egronomic buttons on Zaap.
3. I can pair 2 phone on Zaap and 1 phone on my car ICE (default one) so you have 3 phones that can paired. out of which 2 can play songs (but not simulatenously)
4. I dont have to spend time in going to bluetooth settings, scanning, entering the code and then pairing my phone every time the car is turned on (it is pain doing that and thus I very seldom used it. Now I would be using my phone paird on everyday)

The songs played are seamless, no loss what so ever, The phone voice is clear and people had no problem hearing from the other end.

I would say I have spent my money well on this product.

Top Bottom