Philips Crystal Vision 4300k Review

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends, i have bought a philips crystal vision as my cruze stock bulbs are inadequate.

Buying Experience : I bought it from ebay for 1000(have a voucher) actual price was 1200. I was scared as there are more fakes of it but after product reached it was original. It has authentic code which we should check it on philips website. Packing was good.

Driving Experience with Phillips : my stock headlights are not at all sufficient for night driving. I already have 6000k Hid's in Fogs. Initial Impressions was just ok and change in colour compared to stock bulbs. But at night time beam throw improved and it gives same colour as 4300k Hid's. I didn't go for hid's because i already have in fogs + i didn't have projectors in headlights!! Overall I'm happy with it. One can spend 1k for these.

I have made a video of box package and headlight difference(please ignore dust on my car & dust in my garage (lol). Will post beam throw pics soon).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2T28Pq_fxWg

Last edited:
I have also bought the same bulbs last month. Got it for 840 incl shipping as festival offer in Amazon India.

Very much liked the bulbs so far and throw is better compared to my previous bulbs. Previously I had Diamond Vision in my Honda City which is 5000k and bluish tint + bluish light. Not sufficient in night driving within city but ok in highways. Actually it is good for HID looks only.

This one has little bluish tint in the headlights but throw is pure white and sufficient for me.

ANHC_Philips_Crystal Vision_High.jpg
ANHC_Philips_Crystal Vision_Low.jpg

CRACING, at what price did you get the Diamond Vision? And if you have pictures of beam of Diamind Vision, it would be great.

And Manish123456789 Ji, waiting for your low and high beam pictures. [lol] BTW projectors on your Cruze would have looked killer!

CRACING, at what price did you get the Diamond Vision? And if you have pictures of beam of Diamind Vision, it would be great.
Rs. 1200 incl shipping from ebay India 3 years ago. Actually I had bought them for my Tata Nano and after selling it, used the same bulbs for my Honda City.

Like I said, they are only good for looks. Beam is ok, neither worst nor better. Anyhow, I would recommend Crystal Vision for looks and beam balanced. If you want high beam then X-treme vision is good but color would be yellowish like stock.

Sorry, I have not taken any snaps of Diamond Vision beam to show you.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

And Manish123456789 Ji, waiting for your low and high beam pictures. [lol] BTW projectors on your Cruze would have looked killer!
Yeah will post pics soon!!
Dude is anyway to change username?i didn't see option to change username!! I have created this username in hurry!! [lol]:lol!:

Yeah will post pics soon!!
Dude is anyway to change username?i didn't see option to change username!! I have created this username in hurry!! [lol]:lol!:
No it is not possible. Otherwise our beloved "Allhyundaicars" would have already changed it after betraying his username and going for a Figo recently. [lol]

CRACING I feel that halogens of 55/60 rating can never give output as that of a yellow 100/90 bulb. I will change to 100/90 in some time. I wanted that look of Crystal Vision but I would rather get good quality HIDs for 3.5k for my foglamps for show-off. Maybe I will try if I find something like CV or Diamond Vision in 500-600 range.

Thread Starter #8
These are 6000k Hid's in my Fogs.
And Beam throw to wall in my Garage without headlights only Hid's are on.

Edit : in first pic there is difference in colour in one Hid because i have clicked this pic suddenly after switching on them. These Hid's will settle down and give good beam throw after 15 seconds.

Attachments

Last edited:
CRACING I feel that halogens of 55/60 rating can never give output as that of a yellow 100/90 bulb. I will change to 100/90 in some time. I wanted that look of Crystal Vision but I would rather get good quality HIDs for 3.5k for my foglamps for show-off. Maybe I will try if I find something like CV or Diamond Vision in 500-600 range.
Yes of course, when wattage goes double, the output will also double. However, my recomendation was for stock replacement bulbs only. X-tream Vision provides full brightness within stock wattage because it has no coating. CV has little blue coating to make it 4300k and DV has little more to make it 5000k. Coating reduces brightness.

I have not used highwattage bulbs because I believe its risky. HID installation requires headlight disassemble which I don't wish to.

Yes of course, when wattage goes double, the output will also double. However, my recomendation was for stock replacement bulbs only. X-tream Vision provides full brightness within stock wattage because it has no coating. CV has little blue coating to make it 4300k and DV has little more to make it 5000k. Coating reduces brightness.

I have not used highwattage bulbs because I believe its risky. HID installation requires headlight disassemble which I don't wish to.
HID install doesn't require headlight disassembling. For projectors, we need to remove lens.

+1 about the coating part.

Manish - Your foglamps give good illumination. Which brand and specs? I think one of your ballast is acting up resulting in a different colour during warmup.

EDIT Nice number you got there. [clap]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
HID install doesn't require headlight disassembling. For projectors, we need to remove lens.

+1 about the coating part.

Manish - Your foglamps give good illumination. Which brand and specs? I think one of your ballast is acting up resulting in a different colour during warmup.

EDIT Nice number you got there. [clap]
Thanks Ice_wise. I got it from USA my brother got it for me from some auto parts store in newyork. Forgot brand name yeah i still have that box package in store room after checking I'll tell.

Actually I meant, HID projector Setup. Is there only HID installation without projector? Well, I wasn't aware of it until now. Even if its there, how would be its effect? and why wouldn't people opt HID instead of highwattage bulbs? after-all HID generates less heat.

I am also using Philips Xtreme Vision 55/60 in my honda city and I am very much satisfied with the output however one bulb recently died within one year time frame so I have replaced it with another XV. Philips XV has short life or mine is just one of the rare case? I got philips XV for 600 per bulb from the near by accessory shop. Personally I don't prefer white illumination for head lights. I believe it blinds on coming traffic while on high beam. That's my personal belief no offense. [;)]

Personally I don't prefer white illumination for head lights. I believe it blinds on coming traffic while on high beam. That's my personal belief no offense. [;)]
Yes sir, you are right but CV and DV of 50/60 watt wouldn't hurt much as 90/100 watt bulbs. Rather their brightness is reduced by coating.

Cars we see in traffic with white beam either use HID bulbs or high wattage bulbs.

Actually I meant, HID projector Setup. Is there only HID installation without projector? Well, I wasn't aware of it until now. Even if its there, how would be its effect? and why wouldn't people opt HID instead of highwattage bulbs? after-all HID generates less heat.
HID only install is possible with D2R bulbs, which are designed for reflector arrangements. These cause a lot of glare in high beam and comparatively more glare (than stock) even at low beam.

People looking for fog/rain visibility don't opt for HIDs (as around 3000k HIDs are rare). They are costly. They take up more battery than stock setup when 55w is chosen. Majority of people run with stock yellow bulbs you know. And sadly, their method to improve visibility is to use high beam. [cry] Those concerned with looks go for HIDs (that too above 6000k) and those with visibility issues (with a fear of warranty in mind) go for stock replacement Philips/Osram, etc. and those without the fear of warranty go for 100/90! [evil]

bhaveshce - That is the problem.

Oncoming traffic on high beam
Which sensible enthusiast would use high beam when there is oncoming traffic? I seriously hope you are not one of those. [:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom