The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/product-reviews/)
-   -   Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/product-reviews/23419-review-led-headlight-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html)

rg27 29th April 2016 09:59 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Hi bhvm, one question. is there any difference in the range of the bulb in high beam? I mean distance wise? because, from the way the LEDs are positioned, I doubt if the high beam would cover a long distance. if possible could you post a pic if possible?..thanks.

abhi9044 30th April 2016 01:29 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Hey bhvm,
What if I want to install LED indicators on my maestro and also ghost light below the footwell area. I have also thought of ambient lighting of the footwell area. Any idea if it is possible? Should I connect them all to the battery?

bhvm 30th April 2016 10:33 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rg27 (Post 498248)
Hi bhvm, one question...is there any difference in the range of the bulb in high beam?..I mean distance wise?..becos, from the way the LEDs are positioned, I doubt if the high beam would cover a long distance..if possible could u post a pic if possible?..thanks.

RG, Check the 1st page for images.
On Cree Shilan, The High beam LED adds a solid bar of Light above the cutoff, This will shine farther just like factory High beam. But for the version with Cyclops 3 led, Distance is not added.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi9044 (Post 498273)
Hey bhvm,
What if I want to install LED indicators on my maestro and also ghost light below the footwell area. I have also thought of ambient lighting of the footwell area. Any idea if it is possible? Should I connect them all to the battery?

1. For LED indicators, you need electronic flasher otherwise LEDs will flash Rapidly. I do not recommend LED indicators as there are no known benefits. How many Seconds you really use Indicators to make a difference?

2. Think about LED DRL rather than indicator.

3. It's easy to install Ghost light & Ambient lights. Just need to hide the swich somewhere.

rg27 2nd May 2016 03:03 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 498288)
RG, Check the 1st page for images.
On Cree Shilan, The High beam LED adds a solid bar of Light above the cutoff, This will shine farther just like factory High beam. But for the version with Cyclops 3 led, Distance is not added.

Thanks bhvm.
My only concern now is regarding the glare levels from this bulb. I came across some posts on another forum where they had improvised adding a type of a copper "shield" that blocks the low beam led from the top ( this was for a different type of LED bulb - the one with leds on both opposing sides). These claimed to reduce glare, but in cases, since the led is shielded, heat blackened the LED.

Philips has this type of design on its led headlight: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo.../2016/05/2.jpg

cops find all sorts of reasons to catch two wheeler riders, and as per the law, it says " should not dazzle". nothing said about white light led's or any type of bulb. just wanna ride without causing trouble to myself or others!

bhvm 2nd May 2016 04:35 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rg27 (Post 498477)
Thanks bhvm.
My only concern now is regarding the glare levels from this bulb. I came across some posts on another forum where they had improvised adding a type of a copper "shield" that blocks the low beam led from the top ( this was for a different type of LED bulb - the one with leds on both opposing sides). These claimed to reduce glare, but in cases, since the led is shielded, heat blackened the LED.

Philips has this type of design on its led headlight: image

cops find all sorts of reasons to catch two wheeler riders, and as per the law, it says " should not dazzle". nothing said about white light led's or any type of bulb. just wanna ride without causing trouble to myself or others!

Hello RG,
You are right about Cops finding flaws just to loot you. They're specifically allergic to Blue-White lamps. Foolish manufacturers haven't launched any 4300k "warm white" LED bulbs yet. (warm white is best color for your eyes & to Drive). One may try adding a yellowing Tint/ Film on headlight to change output to warm white. Just like JDM cars.

Coming Back to Beam, The Cree Shilan is actually less glaring than factory H4 Bulb![surprise]. I have no experience with Phillips bulb you've mentioned.

anrasg 2nd May 2016 04:56 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Hello Experts,

Shall we use this Philips LED bulbs in car (Ecosport H4 bulb). Do we need to use relay to install this bulb or it is just plug & play.

Thanks.

bhvm 2nd May 2016 05:33 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Anurag,
relay is not required for led bulbs.

anrasg 2nd May 2016 05:42 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Thanks bhvm,

The bulb is Philips x-treme ultinon LED with cool white 6200k. It it 6200k, will it affect reflector.

Below is the link

X-treme Ultinon LED LED car lamp 12953BWX2 | Philips

Thanks

bhvm 2nd May 2016 05:47 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
The Philips 6200k will provide a Bluish White beam which you may or may not like. I don"t Like.
However there will be NO Difference on reflector as LED is low power & very cool.

rg27 3rd May 2016 10:04 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 498502)
Hello RG,
One may try adding a yellowing Tint/ Film on headlight to change output to warm white. Just like JDM cars.

I was thinking of that, will probably give it a try, but surprised that there are not too many takers for tinting the headlights. Black tint would reduce the light intensity , i agree, but what about the light yellow ones? they could be for looks only imho. Do you have experience with tinted headlamps?

bhvm 3rd May 2016 02:04 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rg27 (Post 498608)
I was thinking of that, will probably give it a try, but surprised that there are not too many takers for tinting the headlights. Black tint would reduce the light intensity , i agree, but what about the light yellow ones? they could be for looks only imho. Do you have experience with tinted headlamps?

RG,
A Couple of years ago, I had 5000k HID kit on Fog lamps for my XUV 500 & i10. In The Monsoon season I used to tint them with Pidilite Glass color. I gave them a light coat that converted them to About 4000~4300k. I can wash the paint after season when not required. Two coats will give 3000k color for Fog.

Remember to use Glass color used for Craft by kids. Professional Glass Paint can not be removed. Cost ?, Just 70 Rupees.[evil]
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=JD...HYZsAxIQsAQIEw

Currently I upgraded all bulbs to 4300k HID as I found the Quality of Kits i wanted.

You should absolutely try this.

bhvm 12th May 2016 11:56 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
I have ordered more Shilan H4 cree Bulbs for my vehicles. Slowly, all my vehicles will be converted to this bulb. The long term review on i10 is here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post497334

The Bulb costed only 1500 a piece from Aliexpress (China).

bhvm 18th May 2016 01:36 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
I would like to preset my experience of Using SHILAN H4 CREE 30w LED bulbs on my i10 Blue Boy.

1> Instant ON helps a lot. One may feel Even Halogens are instant ON, However only after upgrading to LED one can understand how Fast LED is. The LED develops full output in a split second, while Halogens ramp up a wee bit slower. Even Shift to High-low is instant with LEDs.

2> The Beam pattern with LED was my biggest concern. However, i am utterly pleased to report that LED has maintained the factory headlight Beam pattern.

Hyundai uses slightly different beam pattern for Left & Right Headlamps. The Left hand pattern extends a little more into bushes & siding, also hotspot is a little taller. Cutoff at Right hand is flatter and slightly lower.
The Hyundai always had 'Soft' cutoffs that's more suitable for Mixed Indian driving conditions.

I am pleased that all these features have been carried over by LED bulb without any change.

3> The glare in Both Low or High beam is LESSER than Factory headlamps.
Yes, you read that right..

4> My High beam assists , which use a relay to gain trigger from high beam, still continue to work properly. The Trigger is taken by drilling a small hole in Dust cap, and attaching wires to High beam terminals of Bulb.

5> I am yet to drive in rain, so I will reserve my comment on that. I do not like the 6000k color of these LED bulbs. They do look nice though.

6> The total Light output currently on my Blue boy is as follows-

Cree LED H4- 2500x2= 5000 Lumens
HID Fog Lamps H27, 2800x2= 5600 Lm
Halogen h3 High beam assists- 1100x2= 2200 Lumens

Total output-
12,800 Lumens.
The Low beam, Glare free output shall be about 10,000 Lumens.

7> My next upgrade perhaps will be to swap H3 halogens to Cree LED for better output & lower power.

anrasg 21st May 2016 12:32 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Hello Experts,

I have decided to upgrade my headlight bulbs. I need a suggestion from experts which of the below one is good option for Ecosport without affecting the warranty.

1. Philips 100/90 W with Philips relay
2. Runstreet(TM) Super Bright R3 9600lm H4 Hi Lo Xenon White 6000K Car LED Headlight Conversion Kit Cree XHP-50 4800lm Bulb
Link -> Runstreet(TM) Super Bright R3 9600lm H4 Hi Lo Xenon White 6000K Car LED Headlight Conversion Kit Cree XHP 50 4800lm Bulb-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

bhvm 21st May 2016 01:11 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anrasg (Post 501175)
Hello Experts,

I have decided to upgrade my headlight bulbs. I need a suggestion from experts which of the below one is good option for Ecosport without affecting the warranty.

1. Philips 100/90 W with Philips relay
2. Runstreet(TM) Super Bright R3 9600lm H4 Hi Lo Xenon White 6000K Car LED Headlight Conversion Kit Cree XHP-50 4800lm Bulb
Link -> Runstreet(TM) Super Bright R3 9600lm H4 Hi Lo Xenon White 6000K Car LED Headlight Conversion Kit Cree XHP 50 4800lm Bulb-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

1> High wattage bulb will void warranty as it exeeds oe Bulb spec- 60/55w
2> The bulb you selected is wrong design as it does not have any glare shields.

Here's a better option-
1x Plug & Play CREE LED H4 H4 3 HB2 9003 30W 3000LM WHITE BULB Car Motorcycle HI/LO CONVERSION DRL Driving Fog HEADLIGHT Lamp-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2017, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.