The Automotive India

The Automotive India (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/product-reviews/)
-   -   Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/product-reviews/23419-review-led-headlight-conversion-bulbs-cars-bikes.html)

bhvm 14th April 2017 07:52 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
"H4/9003/HB2 Hi/Lo" Option at the right side.

About Canbus, do not bother. Its not present in Swift.
Its for expensive vehicles that show error codes when headlights are modified.

Suryaputhra 14th April 2017 08:28 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
I am desperately working on Car night vision assist which a dream in entry level cars only available in super luxury cars, after all i found cost effect unit on aliexpress link below

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...308.0.0.5H01mn

Below link for night assist of expensive models

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98O2bx7UwEw&t=163s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d03SuJ0TVcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6DMidknVCo

At any cost I would like to do DIY unit, you are a DIY guru any inputs from you.

-suryaputhra

bhvm 15th April 2017 09:39 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Night Vision is a wonderful safety aid, And with Some ingenuity you can install it in your car. Better yet, a portable system can be developed which can be carried anywhere!

NV is mostly divided in two types-

1. Thermal Imaging-
As name suggests, Thermal Imaging uses Heat to view objects. Hence it can work in Absolutely zero light. Firefighters & Millitary uses these to view from dense fog/Smoke and spot live people.

On the downsides, there are many. Thermal tech is not exactly civillian. So buying one is difficult and expensive. Also, The resolution is not good enough to spot objects at a distance. Thermal also fails to spot out Obstacles (Eg a stone on the road) which is roughly at the same temperature as background.

2. IR-
Consumer Night vision cameras are IR. Its the longer end of Light spectrum eg- 1020nm. Regular IR cams are often an Overlap with Visible Light+ IR.
This allow to keep high resolutions along with Night vision.

Plan-
Best option would be to get an old DSLR (even 5 year old will have enough resolution for the project, HD version will be even better). Connect Video out to one of the DVD screens in the car.

Then get an IR filter like this-
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...Text=IR+filter

They screw over DSLR lenses.

Try it out!

The next project would be develop an IR Blaster which is powerful enough to “Paint” the scene with IR. As IR is invisible, even a 10000 Lumen Blaster will not blind anyone. All time IR high beams people! [evil]

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rchText=IR+LED

Suryaputhra 15th April 2017 11:17 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 535307)
Night Vision is a wonderful safety aid, And with Some ingenuity you can install it in your car. Better yet, a portable system can be developed which can be carried anywhere!

NV is mostly divided in two types-

1. Thermal Imaging-
As name suggests, Thermal Imaging uses Heat to view objects. Hence it can work in Absolutely zero light. Firefighters & Millitary uses these to view from dense fog/Smoke and spot live people.

On the downsides, there are many. Thermal tech is not exactly civillian. So buying one is difficult and expensive. Also, The resolution is not good enough to spot objects at a distance. Thermal also fails to spot out Obstacles (Eg a stone on the road) which is roughly at the same temperature as background.

2. IR-
Consumer Night vision cameras are IR. Its the longer end of Light spectrum eg- 1020nm. Regular IR cams are often an Overlap with Visible Light+ IR.
This allow to keep high resolutions along with Night vision.

Plan-
Best option would be to get an old DSLR (even 5 year old will have enough resolution for the project, HD version will be even better). Connect Video out to one of the DVD screens in the car.

Then get an IR filter like this-
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...Text=IR+filter

They screw over DSLR lenses.

Try it out!

The next project would be develop an IR Blaster which is powerful enough to “Paint” the scene with IR. As IR is invisible, even a 10000 Lumen Blaster will not blind anyone. All time IR high beams people! [evil]

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...rchText=IR+LED

How about below link, all in one in package and cost effective too. If you say yes I will order one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-...308.0.0.5H01mn

-Suryaputhra

bhvm 15th April 2017 11:21 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
May not work well from inside the glass.
Atleast the LED Blaster will have to be installed outside like a Fog lamp.
Price is quite expensive considering quality & reliability. 4.3 Inch display is smaller than a Mobile phone!

Suryaputhra 15th April 2017 12:15 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 535396)
May not work well from inside the glass.
Atleast the LED Blaster will have to be installed outside like a Fog lamp.
Price is quite expensive considering quality & reliability. 4.3 Inch display is smaller than a Mobile phone!

Ok then list out what are basic components required will buy them and Install DIY,

Below are my BOM

1. I have 7 inch Android ICE in my car that can be used as monitor.
2. IR LED Blaster Infrared Laser 850nm is this enough if so should be water proof IP68
3. Night Vision Sight with good CCD with minimal luminance suggest one.

how about I/O port requirements?

-suryaputhra

bhvm 15th April 2017 03:21 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
1. I have 7 inch Android ICE in my car that can be used as monitor.
Should be good. I hope it accepts Video IN (in RCA/AV format)

2. IR LED Blaster Infrared Laser 850nm is this enough if so should be water proof IP68
Better go for COB chip with atleast 5000 Lumens.

Something like this would be exciting-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HOBO...9-1822004a35f6

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...9-1822004a35f6

3. Night Vision Sight with good CCD with minimal luminance suggest one.

Do not fall in Trap of Usual CCTV cameras. Though you can try with one in the begining. I suggest DSLR because It has MUCH larger lens and FAR larger sensor. The larger sensor collects more light and has very less Grain/Noise.

About CCTV, Get one WITHOUT night vision. Then convert it into one. CCTV will often have BNC output. This will have to adapted to AV in for working in your ICE

Suryaputhra 15th April 2017 07:24 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
@bhvm, As per my basic understanding

1. IR led blaster is the invisible light source for IR camera there is no need of any connection between two. So can be fixed at bumper level. IR blaster should be at least 300mtr to 500mtr more better.

I did not see throw specification in the first link. Second link is a chip type I don't know how to make use of it.

2. A good low light camera which should transmit live video in AV format using RCA. Digital camera batteries will run out in no time, How about the sensitivity of low light performance.

Suggest camera made for especially for IR viewing.

correct me anything wrong in my understanding the whole concept

-suryaputhra

bhvm 16th April 2017 09:00 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
1. Correct.
The Chip Type LED will require a Lens that can be used for focusing.
A Range of 800Mtr Would be best, But 500mtr will also do well.

2. I could only find CCTV type cameras online. I suggest you check local shops and find out clarity at night.

Suryaputhra 18th April 2017 07:51 PM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Finally I found correct one with lots of features, check their refence video.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Juns...cb47974d&tpp=1

-suryaputhra

bhvm 20th April 2017 06:34 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
can't see video.

Suryaputhra 20th April 2017 09:00 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 535894)
can't see video.

Anyway I have ordered one, post Installation I will review it.

-suryaputhra

Suryaputhra 20th April 2017 10:18 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
@bhvm, In the listing there is manufacturer's video. With all most like luxury cars night assist features but very cost effective. Mostly meets features of expensive systems FLIR Fathfinder and Protruly systems, reason they use both infrared and thermal imaging, thermal imaging being costly made overall cost of the system high.

-suryputhra

bhvm 20th April 2017 10:45 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
If they're using both I must say the product is very well worth it.
See if you can turn off lane guidance and Distance assist. Will be very irritating in Indian traffic.

Looking forward to the review. I may get one for my car also.

Suryaputhra 20th April 2017 11:04 AM

Re: Review: LED Headlight Conversion Bulbs For Cars and Bikes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhvm (Post 535912)
If they're using both I must say the product is very well worth it.
See if you can turn off lane guidance and Distance assist. Will be very irritating in Indian traffic.

Looking forward to the review. I may get one for my car also.

[lol]yes, we need to switch off those features, it is capable of 1000Mtr warning as per specs so in indian roads with many cars on road its irritating, but useful on highways.

-suryaputhra


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
©2008 - 2018, The Automotive India. All Rights Reserved.