[Honest Review] LED Selfie Light (iBlazr)

Thread Starter #1

bhvm

Honoured Member
Hell Friends,
Today I bring review of somrthing thats not very aumotive, but very close. We are usually taking pictures of cars or of Places we visit by cars. But most of us do not carry a bulky SLR or Pro cams. What we usually have is our tiny little cellphone.

While Phone cameras have improved by leaps and bounds, The problems remain the same. Small Sensors and Small lenses which can't gather enough light, The result- Grainy and smudged images.

Here, this little gadget will add a flood of light to your Phone, Making image brighter and enabling lower ISO and high shutter speeds.

Design-
I was surprised how small it is! Even on my small 4.5 inch cellphone, it looks small and cute. There are 16 total LEDs with in Inbuilt battery. The LEDs appear to be SMD 5630 type and there are a MIX of Warm and cool white LEDs. What it does is, Generate light in a very "neutral" 4000k band. Just like Sunlight.

There are on-of buttons and a Brightness (3 levels) Slider on the sides.
A Standard Micro USB Port at the bottom, and even a small red LED to indicate charging!! The LED goes off when Charging is complete.

Functionality-

THATS what this light is all about. The functions are as far as you can imagine.

Torch? Check.
Camera Flash? Check
Video Light? Check
Disco Lights? Check.
Don't-bump-in-the-dark-lights? Check.

The Light mounts via standard 3.5mm jack, which also serves as the control interface via iBlazr app. Don't have the app? manual mode is just as good.

Performance-
You will be surprized how bright the tiny light is! The most useful modes are Med and high. At high, it could light up a small room for decent photos. Low mode is good for taking macros. However as the battery discharges, The brightness slowly goes down. It appears that the LEDs are being direct driven rather than having a current controlled driver.

The battery life is about 30 min on High, 2 hr on Med. It could go all night on Low. Charging times are fast as well, Under 40 Mins.

Results-
The output shots with the light turned out to be a massive improvement over the cold, Lifeless on-phone LEDs. Multiple LEDs over this selfie light spread the light very evenly, and the 4000k Color gives a very Rich, warm glow. Total Thumbs up!.

Easter Eggs-
As the Light uses 3.5mm audio signal for control, You can fire up your media player and enjoy a cool, disco light show. The light will flash to the bass and beat.

Pricing-
Brought for 400 from Ebay.

Seller-
http://www.ebay.in/usr/mohigohe

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2

bhvm

Honoured Member
I forgot to mention,

smaller phone has 4.5 inch display.
large phone is 5.7 inch display.

That's quite a device you got there[cheers]. Seems really nice add-on for the budget phones which do not have flash, or the flash provided is not good enough in low light. Wish it was available 4 years back when I had my trusty Nokia, this would have been it's perfect partner.
There's one query though. What's the function of 3.5mm jack, I mean for phones which can't install iblazr app, say symbian .[thinking] I mean is there any other purpose for the 3.5mm jack other than mounting the device. Does it affect phone performance in anyway, like heating-up or something?

Thread Starter #4

bhvm

Honoured Member
That's quite a device you got there[cheers]. Seems really nice add-on for the budget phones which do not have flash, or the flash provided is not good enough in low light. Wish it was available 4 years back when I had my trusty Nokia, this would have been it's perfect partner.
There's one query though. What's the function of 3.5mm jack, I mean for phones which can't install iblazr app, say symbian .[thinking] I mean is there any other purpose for the 3.5mm jack other than mounting the device. Does it affect phone performance in anyway, like heating-up or something?
hello nick,
1. I myself was waiting for such a product since 10 years. I remember Sony Ericsson had a proprietary flash unit for their k series phones. however it never properly came to market.

2. the 3.5 mm jack serves both as a mount and interface. if you don't use the app for interface, you can use manual button to set brightness and take pics.

3. there is absolutely no heating or other issues with the light. however I find the Battery runtime on full brightness only. 15-20 mins. after which it goes dimmer.

Top Bottom