After a number of discussions with our adept members in this
thread about the features and things to look for when buying tire inflators,
finally zeroed in the "Goodyear RCP-A24B Mini Air Compressor with Light"
and bought one from Snapdeal
last week. Product Price:
Rs.1490 including shipping Warranty:
6 months Brand warranty Initial Impressions:
Deflated a tyre just above flat and used this compressor to fill in air (I was too lazy to jack up). It took only 2-3 minutes to inflate it fully.
An on/off button is there to operate the inflator. It didn’t heat up much, thanks to the air-cooled motor. The dial gauge reading is very
accurate as I ensured the same with another tyre pressure gauge.
The operation manual contains all the necessary instructions for use and troubleshooting tips. The manufacturer recommends to use it with
12V DC power outlets rated 15A or higher. The maximum pressure is 120psi. But the box or user manual doesn’t have more details on its
technical specifications like Ltrs/min, Power in Watts etc. The manual also says the engine must be turned off while inflator is operating
Overall I am happy with the product and I recommend this to everyone. Pros:
• Light weight and compact in size. Fits inside the glove box very easily. It have a snap-in place for airhose nozzle adapters and storage
compartment for keeping cords in place.
• Well built, good plastic quality and looks very upmarket.
• A genuine product from the reputed brand "Goodyear", where known brands are hard to find in the portable inflator market in India.
• The dial gauge display have the markings for both psi and bars.
• An integrated LED light and nozzle adapters for inflating ball and pool floats.
• The 12V plug adapter have an inbuilt fuse for protecting the device. Cons:
• The air hose and power cord are too short (0.6m and 3m respectively) for large
sedans and SUVs. Unless such vehicles have 12V sockets
in the rear passenger areas, it is impossible to reach upto the rear tires. But hatch and small sedan owners have no point to worry.
• The operation manual says “Do not hold in hand while operating. Place inflator on a hard, clean surface
”. In that case it is not very
comfortable for an user to check the gauge readings with the 0.6m long airhose.
• It makes much noise while in operation, though it is presumed for such mini compressors.
• There is no illumination in the dial to use at night. The integrated LED light is also not very bright and not that useful due to the shorter
wire length. No, you can’t take it with you to take a leak in the bushes in a deserted highway
. Value For Money:
It is a genuine, made in Hong Kong product of Goodyear which is priced very reasonably and carries a 6 months warranty (You can find many
crappy Chinese products sold at even higher prices). I will rate it 9/10
(-1 for the slight price drop in the Snapdeal listing after it got sold out). Overall Rating:
A must have for every hatchback owner for personal use especially for those who travel long distances on highways. Only major disadvantage
is the shorter lengths of cord and air hose. I will give it a rating of 9/10
• While removing the airhose from the tyre there will be some air leakage (Nothing unusual). So its always recommended to use a separate
pressure gauge along with the inflator for maintaining precise levels.
• An auto-cutoff feature would have been a great add-on, but the model with this feature and an LCD gauge display (Goodyear RCP-A20A
costs almost double the amount in online stores.