Goodyear RCP-A24B Mini Air Compressor with Light (Review)

Thread Starter #1
After a number of discussions with our adept members in this thread about the features and things to look for when buying tire inflators,
finally zeroed in the "Goodyear RCP-A24B Mini Air Compressor with Light" and bought one from Snapdeal last week.

Product Price: Rs.1490 including shipping
Warranty: 6 months Brand warranty

Initial Impressions:
Deflated a tyre just above flat and used this compressor to fill in air (I was too lazy to jack up). It took only 2-3 minutes to inflate it fully.
An on/off button is there to operate the inflator. It didn’t heat up much, thanks to the air-cooled motor. The dial gauge reading is very
accurate as I ensured the same with another tyre pressure gauge.

The operation manual contains all the necessary instructions for use and troubleshooting tips. The manufacturer recommends to use it with
12V DC power outlets rated 15A or higher. The maximum pressure is 120psi. But the box or user manual doesn’t have more details on its
technical specifications like Ltrs/min, Power in Watts etc. The manual also says the engine must be turned off while inflator is operating [surprise].
Overall I am happy with the product and I recommend this to everyone.

Pros:
• Light weight and compact in size. Fits inside the glove box very easily. It have a snap-in place for airhose nozzle adapters and storage
compartment for keeping cords in place.
• Well built, good plastic quality and looks very upmarket.
• A genuine product from the reputed brand "Goodyear", where known brands are hard to find in the portable inflator market in India.
• The dial gauge display have the markings for both psi and bars.
• An integrated LED light and nozzle adapters for inflating ball and pool floats.
• The 12V plug adapter have an inbuilt fuse for protecting the device.

Cons:
• The air hose and power cord are too short (0.6m and 3m respectively) for large sedans and SUVs. Unless such vehicles have 12V sockets
in the rear passenger areas, it is impossible to reach upto the rear tires. But hatch and small sedan owners have no point to worry.
• The operation manual says “Do not hold in hand while operating. Place inflator on a hard, clean surface”. In that case it is not very
comfortable for an user to check the gauge readings with the 0.6m long airhose.
• It makes much noise while in operation, though it is presumed for such mini compressors.
• There is no illumination in the dial to use at night. The integrated LED light is also not very bright and not that useful due to the shorter
wire length. No, you can’t take it with you to take a leak in the bushes in a deserted highway [;)].

Value For Money:
It is a genuine, made in Hong Kong product of Goodyear which is priced very reasonably and carries a 6 months warranty (You can find many
crappy Chinese products sold at even higher prices). I will rate it 9/10 (-1 for the slight price drop in the Snapdeal listing after it got sold out).

Overall Rating:
A must have for every hatchback owner for personal use especially for those who travel long distances on highways. Only major disadvantage
is the shorter lengths of cord and air hose. I will give it a rating of 9/10.

Miscellaneous:
• While removing the airhose from the tyre there will be some air leakage (Nothing unusual). So its always recommended to use a separate
pressure gauge along with the inflator for maintaining precise levels.
• An auto-cutoff feature would have been a great add-on, but the model with this feature and an LCD gauge display (Goodyear RCP-A20A)
costs almost double the amount in online stores.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Goodyear RCP-A24B Mini Air Compressor with Light (Review

Unboxing the inflator
IMG_2721.JPG

"Official Goodyear Licensed Product" Hologram
IMG_2724.JPG

A closer look, Dial gauge and push buttons for compressor and LED light.
IMG_2727.JPG

Inflating the tyre
3.jpg

Storage compartment for power cord and air hose
IMG_2728.JPG

LED Flashlight for night-time emergencies
IMG_2730.JPG

Snap-in place for storing the Inflatable adapters
IMG_2729.JPG

Airhose and power cord with plug adapter
IMG_2732.JPG

Last edited:
I just bought the same Goodyear inflator last week. I haven't used it extensively. I just check whether it is working or not and top up couple of PSI. That's it.[:D]

But first impression is good. I agree with the Lameassonwheels about pros & cons. My primary intention to buy this product is to just use at the time of emergency. So due to that I bought this branded one instead of non-branded china make due to reliability issue.

I hope it will work at the time of emergency.[:)] It is value for money.

Thread Starter #5
Primary intention to buy this product is to just use at the time of emergency. So due to that I bought this branded one instead of non-branded china make due to reliability issue. It is value for money.
Even my initial plan was to keep it for emergencies, but after using it for sometime I am convinced to use it for routine air fills. Last week I have used it multiple times (needlessly most of the time) and it turned out to be an extensive endurance test of the inflator[lol].

PS: A small observation!. The smallest division on the gauge dial is 2psi, so in case you want to fill 33, 29, 37 etc it will be only approximate. Can't say its a flaw, I think it is common in most of the pressure gauges.

Since this product is mostly used during the emergency cases, so it should be a reliable one. Buying local market product could be dangerous during emergency cases.

Thread Starter #9
I am using this product for a while now and solely using it for inflating my tires. Now I am maintaining the 'tried and tested' psi for my tires so there is a notable increase in FE of 2-3KMs [clap] (Other factors being the same: going to the same petrol pump, same routes and almost same traffic condition, not serviced my car recently and no parts changed). What I used to do before is go to a fuel station or tyre shop and they will fill some psi of their liking even If I tell them something like 30-32 etc.

Since this product is mostly used during the emergency cases, so it should be a reliable one. Buying local market product could be dangerous during emergency cases.
I didn't quite catch that. You didn't mean this one is a local market product. Do you?. I agree with what you said, the dodgy local products may not help in emergencies, also they will go kaput if kept unused for a while.

I am using this product for a while now and solely using it for inflating my tires. Now I am maintaining the 'tried and tested' psi for my tires so there is a notable increase in FE of 2-3KMs [clap] (Other factors being the same: going to the same petrol pump, same routes and almost same traffic condition, not serviced my car recently and no parts changed). What I used to do before is go to a fuel station or tyre shop and they will fill some psi of their liking even If I tell them something like 30-32 etc.

I didn't quite catch that. You didn't mean this one is a local market product. Do you?. I agree with what you said, the dodgy local products may not help in emergencies, also they will go kaput if kept unused for a while.
I mean Goodyear is a good and reliable brand. You can go for it.

Product like this means, which serves you during emergency cases/breakdown.

Top Bottom