Hi folks, bought this Hella make frameless wipers from an online store few weeks back. I am more than satisfied with the product as far I have used,
so thought of sharing some details with you. May be more updates during monsoons Product Name and Model:
Hella DynaEdge wiper blade
Part Nos: 181.574-261 (26"/ 650mm)
181.574-161 (16"/ 400mm) Product Price:
Rs.747(26" driver side), Rs.567(16" passenger side) Bought From: www.Autofresh.in Initial Impressions:
I didn't realize how bad my prior wiper blades were until I replaced them with these. It works like a charm. My only worry while buying a 'frameless'
wiper was how it will manage to stay downward to the windshield on the move and prevent wind lift. But my concern proved to be out of place and
it also gives a clearer wipe with no streaks, spots or unwiped areas. Most importantly no boring "yhee yhee" noise of conventional wipers, its smooth
and silent. They are priced high,but I think you get what you pay for and these are a worthwhile investment. Likes:
- The wipers look premium, enhances the overall looks of the car.
- No streaks, no un-wiped areas even at both ends of the wiper.
- Smooth and quiet operation, sticks closely to windscreen thereby giving a clearer wipe. Only the water jet makes noise now.
- Normal wiper blades usually have lots of stalks and joints on its frame which hold dirt and gives a withered greyish look in a longer span,
the DynaEdge wiper have smooth surfaces which is easy to clean and maintain.
- Universal adaptor that fits to both hook type and pin type connectors on the wiper handle.
Its not yet time to comment on points like reliability/ thermal resistance, so adding some of the features/ pros listed by the Manufacturer below:
- Graphite coated rubber for durability and thermal resistance
- Suitable for all weather conditions.
- Aerodynamically designed for smooth and quiet operation with the revolutionary Hella DynaEdge technology.
- Provides maximum visibility and safety due to enhanced aerodynamics and optimal pressure distribution. The integrated spoiler gives
optimum downward force to prevent wind lift.
- Improved reliability and durability due to integrated steel spine and jointless single piece assembly. Also prevents ice build up in winter.
- Universal pre-attached adapter that fits over 95% of vehicles.
- High price compared to conventional wiper blades. For some cars its as high as 2.5K-3K.
- Prone to theft due to easy installation/removal technique. Conventional ones are cheaper and they leave your fingertips in pain while
removing, so no thief will bother to steal.
7/10. The product is of superior quality, but it could have been priced better but I expect them to last much longer
and perform better. Sales and Support/ Overall Satisfaction Rating:
9/10. It was a hassle free process of buying from Autofresh, provided quick
replacement for a wrong size they had sent. Be careful with the measurements while ordering, what is listed in the site for your car may
not be correct. Miscellaneous Points:
Double check the size of the wiper while buying online, you can upsize the wipers slightly for reaching a larger
area of windshield depending on your car model. The reduced weight of these wipers will ensure no extra load is put on the wiper motors.
I have upsized my 21"/15" with 26"/16" wipers. Hella DynaEdge Aerodynamic wiper blades Driver and Passenger side wiper blades Universal pre-attached adapter