X-Static Microfiber Review: Great Value for Money Microfibers

Thread Starter #1
hi,

This is my first thread, so bear with me if I do something wrong [:)]. I am a detailing enthusiast and got into detailing after buying my Honda Amaze in September, I want to keep it looking as brand new so started reading and implementing detailing stuff, more on that in another thread.

I write this thread about review of microfiber I got from and Indian vendor (don't know if they are indian or chinese) of X-static brand. Before, buying these I had microfiber from Jopasu (came with jopasu duster combo) and Euro MF (came with collinite 845 combo from bringingbest). I also bought Meguiar's water magnet from bringingbest for Rs. 895.

I needed more MF for washing the car daily as I go with rinseless wash using amway car wash (really good) in 1 bottle and water in another bottle. The jopasu MF was not that good, its a harder than the euro mf cloth I got with collinite, so decided against going for jopasu. The other options were EuroMF & Meguiars. Meguiar's supreme shine is more than Rs. 1000 for set of 3 and EuroMF is Rs. 759 for set of 5. These are bit on the expensive side since in needed good quantity of microfiber which last me atleast 1 week before I wash them all at one go.

Also, when I got the meguiar's water magnet, I found out that it was made in china, so ultimately the towels were made in china -> imported to usa -> reimported in India. I thought if most of the microfibers are made in china why not look for something which is available in India.

After, researching a lot I bought X-static towels from ebay for Rs.999 for set of 9 towels i.e. around Rs. 111 for each towel. I also bought 2 of their water drying waffle weave towels @ Rs. 175 each.

The items were shipped promptly and reached me in around 3 days, it took 3 days since its coming from South India. The packing was adequate but not in a box or something, the towels were packed in plastic bag covered with calendar page and then wrapped with lots of plastic. So received it safely but there is no wow factor in packing and it does not matter to me.

I ordered 9 towels which came in 3 color of yellow, blue and purple, this helps me use different towels for different things, purple for heavy dust areas, blue for normal washing and yellow for detailing. Yellow look bad after getting greased up, so use it for detailing purpose.

The quality of the towels are fabulous, they were soft and plush, even a bit plusher than the euro MF. The size of towels is 40cm x 40cm. They don't lint and pick up dust well. They have held up well even after washing.

Posting Pics of Purple towels, the quality are not that great as from my phone camera.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Pros:
Value for money, really good product at good prices
Good plush towels
Manufacturer label gets off easily

Cons:
The border stitching is made of soft thread and prone to get damaged easily

X-static Water Magnet Drying Towel

I bought a couple of these also to aid me in drying the car as 1 maguiar's drying towel in not enough for me. I got the maguiar's drying towel for Rs. 895 and bought two of these for Rs. 350 (Rs. 175 each). I should have bought these earlier instead of burning around 1000 bucks on maguiar's towel [frustration].

These towels are also waffle weave like maguiar's, they are shorter in size than maguiar's. Maguiar's towel is quite large, say around 60" X 70", these are around 50"x50". But these are as effective as maguiar's and way cheaper. This is a great deal for anybody wanting to buy a drying towel, especially their cost as compared to maquiar's.

Pros:
Great drying towel
Good drying capacity without leaving any residue

Cons:
Not as big as maguiar's

All in all, I learnt a lesson that not all imported goods are good, there are good Indian alternatives available if we search. I loved these MF so much that I ordered a 10 piece set for my home cleaning purpose also.

Links
Jopasu Combo: http://www.ebay.in/itm/110825975835?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Collinite 845 Combo: http://bringingbest.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=20&product_id=191
X-Static Microfiber: http://www.ebay.in/itm/X-STATIC-MIC...-COLOUR-PACK-40-x-40cm-x-9-PCS-/141464257247?
X-Static Drying Towel: http://www.ebay.in/itm/X-STATIC-MICROFIBER-AQUA-MAGNET-x-1-Pc-AQUA-COLOUR-/141455105123?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom