Karlson Leather Seating for My Honda Civic

Thread Starter #3
More pics - Karlsson leather seats

Here are some more pics. Apologize for the bad quality of images. I had been planning to change the horrible fabric upholstery for a long time ! So finally did it. And yes, these are fitted as per original equipment after removing the fabric.
After checking out many vendors including Stanley I went with Karlsson. Only they had this shade of beige color matching my interiors. I think it is classy and simple as I don't really like combining colors for seating.
Frankly I did not like the quality of leather or workmanship with other vendors, except Stanley in comparison to what I got.
But Stanley quoted 38K for their Satin range as their best price.
Also I got a a 1.3 mm thick leather from Karlsson's new collection.
Negotiated it to 30K. [:)]
Overall experience excellent and I would recommend Karlsson to anyone looking for excellent quality, personalized service and a fair price. Karlsson can be contacted on 25216394 and the outlet is in Indiranagar, Bangalore.

Attachments

When i first saw those pics i thought they were OE seat covers.
@Sudhir- I agree mate the fabric seat covers were horrible.

Hi Sudhir, good works.
Leathers look stunning to Civic.
Have you heard of Marvine leathers, How good is that compared to Karlson & Stanely.
Does the 30K price included the fitting charges also?

Thread Starter #8
Looks great,as type-r said,it is looking like an OE fit seat covers.
About the upholstery,what else you changed?
Thanks buddy. Just the door trims and seats. I am okay with the existing steering on the Civic and the left the gear knob as it is.

Sudhir how professional they were while removing seats.
Have they been fitted exactly??
Did you recognise any shabby works?

Thread Starter #10
Hi Sudhir, good works.
Leathers look stunning to Civic.
Have you heard of Marvine leathers, How good is that compared to Karlson & Stanely.
Does the 30K price included the fitting charges also?
Thanks Mukesh. Yes the 30 K was inclusive of everything for this 1.3 mm thick leather. Karlsson has some exclusive types of leathers. They have natural full grain leathers ( I got a bit educated on this during my interactions and visit ) but that was out of my budget. Anyone with a budget for Stanley's nappa ( this is a corrected grain) can go for Karlsson's natural full grain leather. Choice of many colors as well. That would cost about 50K for the civic which is less than what Stanley charges for their nappa leather I think.

Marvin is no comparison mate, in my opinion. They are trying to imitate Stanley, including the logo if you compare the 'antelope'. They hardly have a good collection of high quality genuine leather. I checked them out and the guys over there are pretty clueless. I would slot Marvin, Pensee, Ceralli in the same category. Okay if you are spending less than 10K and not finicky about quality, workmanship or branding. Ovion is a shade better but still no comparison with Stanley or Karlsson. Again Ovion is a watered down version of Stanley. Also I found getting to Ovion near corporation circle is a challenge with a small road. They don't appear to have the same high quality leather collection or precision workmanship. The quality of stitching and fitting is very important in my books besides the material along with a reasonable price. The lowest price may not always be the best value as you guys will agree [;)]
-----------Next Post-----------
Sudhir how professional they were while removing seats.
Have they been fitted exactly??
Did you recognise any shabby works?
No it seems they have an experienced team. The civic door trims are actually a tougher job and have some 30 screws each ! Yes its all fitted back well.
I also saw a personal letter from Dr. Vijay Mallya the UB group big boss, framed on the wall at Karlsson showroom which said that he was very happy with the work they had done on his Rolls Royce cars. Vintage I think. That was a pretty impressive testimonial for their quality.
-----------Next Post-----------
Good looking covers.
Yes Karlsson is also very famous brand in Bangalore. But pricey.
Thanks boss [:)]. Karlsson is quite exclusive and I had a similar impression as you. But I found they were good value vis a vis quality and work. They also offer lower cost solutions to suit lower budgets. Its after all custom made. But I went for the full leather option without the art leather 'touch' option which is cheaper.

Last edited:

370Z

Congratulations for getting new seat covers. They look excellent and have good fit and finish. Now its high time you should post a complete ownership review of your Civic.

Drive Safe,
370Z

Thread Starter #13
Congratulations for getting new seat covers, They look excellent and have good fit and finish. Now its high time you should post a complete ownership review of your Civic.

Drive Safe,
370Z
Thank you sir [:)] will post sometime, beware I am lazy [sleep]

Hey those covers are looking fabulous! The fit and finish also looks really neat! Congrats Sudhir!
Thank you buddy for your kind words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Leather seating for my Honda Civic

Do you have side-impact airbags embedded into the front seats? If so, were there any complications while installing the leather covers? Thanks.

Top Bottom