JVC Speakers Review

Thread Starter #1
This was the first pair of speakers I bought for my Estilo, directly from the dealer when I took delivery of the vehicle.

Product: JVC CS-V627 2-way Coaxial speakers

Price: Rs. 1200 (After discount, installation included)

Bought From: Vipul Motors Fbd.

Impressions, Likes, Dislikes: Great speakers overall, midrange and bass response is excellent, enough to make all of the mirrors of the car dance with the music at just 50% volume! Treble could be better though, would not recommend this for people who like more treble than bass. Distortion is minimal at all volumes.

VFM rating: Considering MRP of Rs. 1,800 I would give it 8/10

Sales and Support: Well, not much I can say here...touch wood.

Overall satisfaction: 9/10

Miscellaneous: This product has now been replaced by the slightly improved CS-V628, which I would still recommend!

Hope this helps!

This was the first pair of speakers I bought for my Estilo,

Product: JVC CS-V627 2-way Coaxial speakers

Impressions, Likes: enough to make all of the mirrors of the car dance with the music at just 50% volume!
well, it is the thickness and fit finish, and built quality of the car which matters more AFA the mirror dance is concerned on these 40 watt RMS speakers. No offence meant , I too own a maruti hatch.

Treble could be better though, would not recommend this for people who like more treble than bass.
These speakers are 'coaxials' and by definition coaxial speakers do not come with separate tweeters. And coaxial are basically meant for producing bass. Tweeters are basically meant for producing treble.
The speakers which come with separate tweeters are called as 'component speakers'
So you are right, coaxials (jvc or any other brand) can't be recommended to people who are interested equally in good bass & good treble.

It is not the brand but the RMS rating which matters AFA output is concerned and depends on the taste of the listener, very subjective.

I've installed Sony Explode sub-woofer 1300 watts 12" (30 cm) XS-GTR120L (with Sony Explode Amplifier) and friends the result is, not only mirrors but it makes shake up the body of my Waggie.. [;)]

Last edited:
It's not Sony but the maruti built quality which matters here, 1150 with to 1300 w subwoofers are basically starting range AFA ICE is concerned , No offence, I too own a waggie.

Really ??

AFAK, the in-built Nippon music system which comes in New gen waggie with VXI model is rated as the worst one when it comes to quality music on many forums even in TAI.

I would like to share my experience, when I visited Car Decor company, as they said only sony explode system (amply & sub-woofer 1300 watt) can enhance poor quality of in-built Nippon music system. Forget about JBL. Is it that I'm misguided ???

Please share your experience as you too own a waggie

Thread Starter #10
well, it is the thickness and fit finish, and built quality of the car which matters more AFA the mirror dance is concerned on these 40 watt RMS speakers. No offence meant , I too own a maruti hatch.

These speakers are 'coaxials' and by definition coaxial speakers do not come with separate tweeters. And coaxial are basically meant for producing bass. Tweeters are basically meant for producing treble.
The speakers which come with separate tweeters are called as 'component speakers'
So you are right, coaxials (jvc or any other brand) can't be recommended to people who are interested equally in good bass & good treble.
Well, they are very well installed, with damping between the spacer ring and the door to reduce direct transmission of vibrations. This is mainly due to me having tuned the bass up quite high. I also always use digital audio inputs so there is no loss in the quality.

Actually, a 2-way co-axial speaker consists of the midrange woofer and a pole- or bridge-mounted tweeter (pole mounted in the JVC). These are designed to reproduce most frequencies reasonably well in a compact space with minimal extra wiring.

The main advantage of component speakers is that the absence of a foreground mounted tweeter means there is less interference with the sound waves produced by the midrange woofer, while the tweeters can be mounted in a manner such that the sound reaches listeners more directly.

Newer 3-way speakers incorporate a microtweeter to reproduce extra-high frequencies, this also allows the speaker's individual components to distribute electrical load in a bid to produce balanced output across the audible range.

JVC iis a good brand although it is not popular for speakers here.
Yes, I have always found that strange. But I like these much better than the Sony Xplod 2-way coaxials in my cousin's car.

I've installed Sony Explode sub-woofer 1300 watts 12" (30 cm) XS-GTR120L (with Sony Explode Amplifier) and friends the result is, not only mirrors but it makes shake up the body of my Waggie.. [;)]
Hahaha! I decided against a Sub because I always end up having to accommodate people, luggage or both. Often even have to fold down the rear seats to carry larger objects. In this case I would really hate having to disconnect and carry the sub back home and then reconnecting it later!

Don't you find the sub's bass a bit distracting on the road though?

Really ??

AFAK, the in-built Nippon music system which comes in New gen waggie with VXI model is rated as the worst one when it comes to quality music on many forums even in TAI.

I would like to share my experience, when I visited Car Decor company, as they said only sony explode system (amply & sub-woofer 1300 watt) can enhance poor quality of in-built Nippon music system. Forget about JBL. Is it that I'm misguided ???

Please share your experience as you too own a waggie
I tried Nippon speakers on a hunch recently. Absolute rubbish, removed them just 2 months ago after 3 months of making my music sound like it was coming from under a lake!

The problem is very poor power handling, and amplifier would only make it worse! Before going for a sub you might want to try 4 very good speakers and see if you can get enough bass from them!

JVC iis a good brand although it is not popular for speakers here.
Yes JVC is good brand but in the manner of HU's but i haven't heard before about the JVC's speakers are good and yes i also got a demo for a ICE installer in nearby my house after seeing this thread and found that speakers of the same are not so powerful as others are. [roll]

Thread Starter #12
Yes JVC is good brand but in the manner of HU's but i haven't heard before about the JVC's speakers are good and yes i also got a demo for a ICE installer in nearby my house after seeing this thread and found that speakers of the same are not so powerful as others are. [roll]
Interesting, which model speakers did you try?

Interesting, which model speakers did you try?
Well brother i have tried two coaxial:
1: CS-HX6848: Nice speaker with good punchy bass, 4 way coaxial(Don't know what is this but dealer said that it is the sign of good clarity from the speakers, hope he was not making fool of mine [thinking]), Peak power=310watt & RMS=50watt(finger crossed about the details given by dealer is correct, hadn't checked in the Internet about the same), the thickness of the cone woofer is good and my overall rating is 3.5/5. I am deducting rating because the name because its not the famous in the speakers as others are like JBL, SONY etc.

2. CS-HX6958: i found the sq overall the same as above mentioned model just the difference is 5 way coaxial, peak power 500watt rms power 80watt and cone is similar as CS-HX6848. I hadn't found anything special in this product except the wattage power. [surprise]

Thread Starter #14
Well brother i have tried two coaxial:
1: CS-HX6848: Nice speaker with good punchy bass, 4 way coaxial(Don't know what is this but dealer said that it is the sign of good clarity from the speakers, hope he was not making fool of mine [thinking]), Peak power=310watt & RMS=50watt(finger crossed about the details given by dealer is correct, hadn't checked in the Internet about the same), the thickness of the cone woofer is good and my overall rating is 3.5/5. I am deducting rating because the name because its not the famous in the speakers as others are like JBL, SONY etc.

2. CS-HX6958: i found the sq overall the same as above mentioned model just the difference is 5 way coaxial, peak power 500watt rms power 80watt and cone is similar as CS-HX6848. I hadn't found anything special in this product except the wattage power. [surprise]
Thanks for letting me know!

4-way speakers have a woofer, midrange driver, tweeter and microtweeter. Honestly I don't think they're worth the extra money compared to 2- or 3-way speakers.

5-way is just a trick to increase power handling without improving sound much. That's very good observation on your part.

Top Bottom