Jabra Tour | Car Bluetooth Kit Review

Thread Starter #1
I picked a Jabra tour some days back. I bought it from Amazon and it cost me Rs. 5000/-. More details over here -

Bluetooth Speakerphone, Jabra TOUR

1.jpg
2.jpg

Jabra tour is a bluetooth speakerphone, primarily for your car. It connects to your phone and enables you to remotely dial and receive calls, while you can safely concentrate on driving.

Reason for choosing the Tour over the competition:

• Jabra Freeway offered one extra feature which is an FM transmitter. I did not really care about transferring the sound to my car's speakers since I will be listening to music from my USB and wont really be switching to FM every time I get a call. Secondly, I wont be using this to stream music to the car's speakers as it will drain my phone's battery and the quality will be nothing great. Plus the Freeway costed about Rs. 1000-1500/- more.
  • Jabra drive was cheaper but it did not have motion sensors, so it wont switch on/off automatically every time you enter/leave the car.
  • I read poor reviews about Blaupunkt's kits, so I avoided them.
  • I was very close to buying the Plantronics K100, but that again did not have a motion sensor. I think a B/T kit should work seamlessly without making you aware about it. No point if you have to manually switch it on/off every time, since I would avoid doing that eventually and stop using the device altogether!
  • Parrot Minikit+ was another great device but it offered nothing great above the Jabra Tour and still cost about Rs. 1000/- more. Also, it was too big compared to the Tour and also I did not like the way it fitted to the visor in the car, with the help of an ugly elastic band.

Initial impressions of the Jabra tour:

• It is a very well built device and oozes quality.
  • Initial pairing is very easy and it copies all your contacts quickly.
  • Whenever you get a call, the caller name (if stored in your phonebook) is mentioned loud and clear.
  • It has voice recognitions, which means when you are getting a call, all you need to do is say 'Accept' or 'Ignore'. Of course, the physical buttons are present, just in case.
  • Voice recognition also helps is other voice commands like 'Redial', 'Battery', etc. But the device does not accept Indian accent very well. Luckily, it understands 'Accept' and 'Ignore' easily!
  • There is a voice command shortcut button which helps Apple users use Siri and Android users use Google Now remotely.
  • Speaker quality is great and all calls can be heard loudly without distortion.
  • Mic is also good and users on the other end of the call can hear me comfortably without any issues like echo or muffed sound, etc.

Last edited:
i have been using Jabra Freeway since a while and the quality of Jabra products is awesome. The battery amazes me and is the juice in freeway and tour the same ?

also the FM station feature is pretty cool if you want to do a conference call in a hall/outside your car etc.

also Jabra does offer firmware updates quite regularly so keep checking for that through their official website.

Hi Raj, thank you for the crisp review. But i have one doubt. May be i am ignorant.

I believe XUV has inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity and voice command. then what is the purpose of buying this Jabra tour? is there any extra feature / advantage compared to the inbuilt system?

Thread Starter #5
i have been using Jabra Freeway since a while and the quality of Jabra products is awesome. The battery amazes me and is the juice in freeway and tour the same ?
I have not used a Freeway, so I wont be able to compare. Jabra website says Tour has a better talk time than Freeway.

Tour - 20 hours
Freeway - 14 hours

Standby time is 40 days for both.

I believe XUV has inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity and voice command. then what is the purpose of buying this Jabra tour? is there any extra feature / advantage compared to the inbuilt system?
This is for the Civic. [;)]

Hi Raaj,
How do you charge this?I had bought a Freeway for my friend and it had some wire if my memory is right.
Regards,
Aneesh.
You charge it once with a wall adapter, laptop using USB or car charger. Once charged, it runs for a long long time. No wire or anything required.

Liked this one very much. But price wise this seems to be very costly. But am sure it should be worth for the money spending here.

Raj, still am not clear about motion sensor and using Google remotely.

Liked this one very much. But price wise this seems to be very costly. But am sure it should be worth for the money spending here.

if you are not driving your car, the jabra will power off automatically and once you open/close your car, the motion sensor wakes it up and you do not have to manually power it on. This saves a lot of juice for your jabra device.

My jabra freeway needs recharge almost after 2 months.

Thread Starter #9

nitin_k has explained the motion sensor.

Google Now is a feature in every Android phone, much like Siri in Apple. This device has a button to access Google Now.

Top Bottom