Do Platinum Spark Plugs Increase Performance / Mileage?

Thread Starter #1
I have a Glamour Fi , and its one of the most fuel efficent bikes in india , but less in power , i do some mods for power , but i want to extract every bit of power without decreasing fuel efficency .
Do side gapping spark plug do any good ? How is NGK G power spark plug ?

NGK Gpower is a very good plug.

Side gapping was used with old cars and two strokes.If you buy an expensive plug as a Gpower platinum plug and file the ground electrode you will be wasting your money.

If you want to side gap use a normal Copper spark plug.Side gapping will reduce the life of the plug.So try it on a normal plug instead of an expensive one.

Last edited:
but i want to extract every bit of power without decreasing fuel efficency .
Do side gapping spark plug do any good ? How is NGK G power spark plug ?
Power and fuel efficiency are antithesis of each other. Go through the fantastic explanation offered in this link by Dilip Bam http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/two-wheels/5740-one-only-dilip-bam-2.html#post133834; ; though its about extracting fuel efficiency, if you pay attention you will understand what I am trying to say.

As jarpickle has mentioned, don't bother too much about changing the spark plug. It won't make any significant or perceptible difference that you desire.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you Jarpickle and Sam Dinkar for your valueable views ,
Inside Cleaning the stock exhaust pipe and free flow filter worked for me {performance increased and little mileage too } I am using copper ngk plug and may experiment with it { side gapping }
Do front single sprocket available from hero honda ?

Anybody have any Experience with HHO kits { claiming 50 % increase in mileage and power } many youtube videos available claiming it true.
Check out this website for high quality kits :- AQUA FUEL STORE

Please post your views especially on HHO kit ....

I have a Glamour Fi , and its one of the most fuel efficent bikes in india , but less in power , i do some mods for power , but i want to extract every bit of power without decreasing fuel efficency. Do side gapping spark plug do any good ? How is NGK G power spark plug ?
If they increase performance, maybe is just to little to notice. The only advantage of use Platinum Spark Plugs is that they last 2 or 3 times more than a regular spark plug.

Many cars that come factory with Platinum Spark Plugs require that you change them every 100,000 kms.

If you use platinum Spark Plug, you use them with the gap they come. Do not try to adjust the gap on Platinum Plugs.

Good luck,

Isaac

Thread Starter #7
Unique problem...

I have a unique problem, i want to buy ngk g power spark plug for my glamour fi, but gpower is not available anywhere not in market nor online. please Help. please tell me some online store to buy. CPR6EAGP-9 - Model number.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #9
Thank you RVSB
Have you any experience with vicky.in. They have very bad reviews over the net for sending mismatch and damaged products. Any other website than vicky.in?

Last edited by a moderator:
No Mr. Aman
I have no experience. Sorry for this.
The best way I will tell you is go for a spare shop or automobile shop and ask for NGK plug.
Buy it from them. You can also replace/exchange it whereas replacing damaged product through online store is a big headache.

Thread Starter #11
Anybody from ludhiana punjab , please tell me any shop to buy ngk g power spark plug, i did not find it even from ngk certified dealers,

Top Bottom