Originally Posted by AutoIndian
Hi Mahi, thanks for sharing the spreadsheet. However I cannot open it as it is password protected. Kindly share the password or upload a spreadsheet that is not password protected.
Hi AutoIndian, the pwd to open the spreadsheet is ertiga999
. Do let me know if you need any help in understanding it. Infact this worksheet can be used for any cars and not specifically Ertiga. It has lot of formulas that auto-cacluate the results for you. Hope it helps you.
Originally Posted by D.J.D.
Congratulation for your lovely possession
. That was a nice in depth write up on buying, test driving, budgeting and financing experience. I loved the way you have given all the calculations in XLS sheets. Actually i am also planning to get this beauty (diesel) in near future (may be mid’13). I have some queries :
Hi DJD, Please find my detailed and honest replies to all your questions.
1. How is the turbo-lag. Is it annoying for city driving? (Please note most of the time i will be driving with my wife and my 6 yrs old daughter). I'd say its quite a let down if you were driving a petrol vehicle before. If you are used to Diesel vehicle, then you find it easy to deal with. The biggest stress levels for the driver on Ertiga is below 2000rpm. Assume you are at steady decent speed of 50Kmpl and get to negotiate bike, auto that thats slower moving, you'll reduce the speed to, say, 20 then you'll have to mandatorily downshift the gear to 2nd gear and pull it from there. If find it quite annoying. Though I'm a good and steady driver myself with soft on accelerator all the time (except when needs to avoid the slow moving vehicle), the avg that I'm getting is around 15 only after 2nd service compared to whats advertised. The majority of the fuel is burnt during turbo lag.
2. How is the handling? I am sure it will not handle like swift. Still can you give some idea say 60% or 70% of swift . I'd rate handling is better than swift due to its ground clearance and height of the vehicle. The overall stance of the vehicle is good when parked or in motion. You'll feel at is if you have driven the Swift before.
3. How is the driving position? Is it similar to swift? The ZDI get the seat height adjustment and tilt steering and you can adjust it to your liking. After I bought the vehicle adjusted the steering column only once!
4. How is the steering feedback at high speed? Is it same as swift. Swift steering is really awesome. Its extremely stable at even 140's and absolute charm. After I bought the vehicle it has taken total of 8 passengers twice and I could do 140Kmph effortlessly on highway with AC. The city traffic ride was ok, but I had to switch off the AC.
5. How is the stability at triple digit speed? (i don’t want to get tensed while cruising at 100+ kmph on highway )
Absolutely at peace. It doesn't even sweat at 140+ on highways.
6. How is the stress level of the engine at 120 KMPH. ( you see i want a relaxed highway cruiser)
No qualms at all, it handles 120Kmph at ease.
7. Most important point – space. If i fold down both the 2nd and 3rd row seats whether my family (wify and daughter) can sleep at the back side without any problem. ( see most of my journeys are night driving) I would strictly advice against doing this. When you convert the 2nd row and 3rd row, first up, its not a flat surface that you get. Secondly, you will NOT have any protection OR holding if you break. If you mean parking at a place and then going to sleep in it, may be good idea to try and I would never do it.
I am sorry if you have already answered for the above queries. Still waiting for your reply
DJD, You'll attain the speed of 100-120 at around 2600rpm. Hope all the info helps you.
Originally Posted by D.J.D.
thanks for your prompt response. good to know that this car's high speed stability is good and a relaxed cruiser. can you please tell me at 120 kmph what is the engine RPM?