Maruti Suzuki Ritz LDI Ownership Review - 6+ Years - 60,000 Kms - Zero Issues

Thread Starter #1
Hey, Friends

Purpose of this thread : I did not find the thread where I have posted my Ritz updates and pics, hence I thought of starting a new thread and keep updating the same to help other prospective buyers of Ritz diesel on the forum

Details

Ritz Ldi
Glistening Gray color
Bought : June'2011
On Road price : 5.77L
Kms : 16000
Cost of maintenance so far : Rs.7000/- approx(no parts replaced, just general service)

The fresh update is excellent running without a single niggle so far. FE at present 18+ in city with AC, 23+ on highway with AC(80-90kmph speed)

No big dents on the car, only minor scratch in two or three places which have been done with touchup paint.

Dislikes

Body roll on corners in a speed
Bumpy at times with single on board where roads are un even
Tyres are not good(JK) creates more noise and doesn't have good road grip. Need to consider a wider section next time with Michelin or BS/YOKO after they worn out.

Final Rating : 8/10, absolutely no-nonsense car, with good amount of space and easy on pocket which can be treated as VFM. Looks are subjective[:)]

Now the time for some fresh pics taken today.

Attachments

Re: Ritz Ldi G.gray Update !!

Hey you ride looks great and hot man. now you are tempting me[:D] Anyway. Good. Post some interior pictures also.

Thread Starter #3

Thank you Sethu !!

Here are the interior pics, sorry they are bit dusty, as the car will go for a wash just before Dassera for Pooja [:)]

Attachments

Great. But the HU in the dash with space at the bottom does not looks good. Even same in my sparky also. Actually when we fit single din HU in the place od double din it spoils the looks.

We should find a double din nice audio system and install it.

Thread Starter #5

Great. But the HU in the dash with space at the bottom does not looks good. Even same in my sparky also. Actually when we fit single din HU in the place od double din it spoils the looks.

We should find a double din nice audio system and install it.
Yes your observation is correct, But there is a + and - for that

With the single DIN, I am able to use that space for remote,phone connected to USB and for some thing else[:)]. If 2 DIN is there it improves the looks, but we loose that space[clap].

If I have to go for 2 DIN, either I should get a good exchange offer or the present 1 DIN has to give me some troubles !!

Hi Gurrala74,

Good write up and nice ownership summary, car is looking brilliant in G.grey shade. I missed this car quite narrowly during purchase of diesel hatchback for me. I liked the driving position and easy ingress/outgress most among the few. Nothing much to write about the 1.3 multi-jet national diesel engine which surely is one of the best thing in this car.

Thread Starter #7

Hi Gurrala74,

Good write up and nice ownership summary, car is looking brilliant in G.grey shade. I missed this car quite narrowly during purchase of diesel hatchback for me. I liked the driving position and easy ingress/outgress most among the few. Nothing much to write about the 1.3 multi-jet national diesel engine which surely is one of the best thing in this car.
Yes you are correct TG. Its seating comfort and ingress/outgress is quite good. There is nothing to talk much about this brilliant Fiat engine under the hood. I missed Punto & Vista narrowly last year[clap]. But if you ask me I am quite happy with my selection, but at the same time Punto(Excellent Italian beast and its built quality is excellent, but lacks in head room) and Vista are equipped with same engine and Vista is really impressive with 2012 model having lots of features in VX which is at the same price(nearly) of Ritz LDI at present[:)]

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

good write up gurrala[clap]

my cousin recently purchased a ritz vdi. i liked the car and i liked the handling of ritz better than the swift.

overall it's a good car but the only thing i hated was the engine noise [anger] so what do you think ? even at a standstill the sound was horrible.

Thread Starter #9

my cousin recently purchased a ritz vdi. i liked the car and i liked the handling of ritz better than the swift.

overall it's a good car but the only thing i hated was the engine noise [anger] so what do you think ? even at a standstill the sound was horrible.
Hahahah, Hyundai, it depends, for me it looks like less, but it will be more valid a person does not own a Ritz and compare the same with Vista,Punto,Figo,Polo and others cars too and tell us. To be frank I felt Punto,Vista noise is less than Ritz and Figo,Polo,Fabia noise is more.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Hahahah, Hyundai, it depends, for me it looks like less, but it will be more valid a person does not own a Ritz and compare the same with Vista,Punto,Figo,Polo and others cars too and tell us. To be frank I felt Punto,Vista noise is less than Ritz and Figo,Polo,Fabia noise is more.
i feel the same about polo and fabia. noise is much more than ritz. but yeah after some time the owner himself won't find the noise irritating [;)]

Something which i am hearing for the first time, Ritz handling is better than swift [lol]

Mate, ritz is a tall boy design and the only difference between ritz and swift is the gear ratios and handling and this is quite well know in the automotive world

By the way swift's handling is something to be desired in its class and its much known to extreme users of the car, with good upsized tyres

Coming to your next update both share the same engine, so how would the engine noise be different, its only the difference of service interevals or engine oils used by both the car's made you say this, like wise engine noise is same for both and no real life difference

Last edited:

the gear box is on the console, how come maruti guys did not utilize the space behind the gear box ? seems a major design flaw ?

Good review sir
Your car looks brand new but it needs a wash.
myself thought of posting something about my car will do that when im free right now busy watching orange songs[;)]
BTW what about the back seat legroom sir?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Something which i am hearing for the first time, Ritz handling is better than swift [lol]

Mate, ritz is a tall boy design and the only difference between ritz and swift is the gear ratios and handling and this is quite well know in the automotive world

By the way swift's handling is something to be desired in its class and its much known to extreme users of the car, with good upsized tyres

Coming to your next update both share the same engine, so how would the engine noise be different, its only the difference of service interevals or engine oils used by both the car's made you say this, like wise engine noise is same for both and no real life difference
well he had 195\15r in his ritz. and normal tyre size is 175 i don't know what's the tyre size of swift but i liked ritz handling better.

and i was comparing ritz with polo and fabia and not with swift [:D]

i know engine is the same but insulation and all also matters. i have driven both the cars , both new , swift's noise is less than the ritz so obviously there is something other than the engine.

Top Bottom