| | Re: New Hyundai i20 Asta CRDi Ownership Review
Had a chance of driving my vehicle on the highway for a round trip of about 400 kms, so wanted to share my feedback on it.
Distance covered: 400+ kms (350 kms highway + 50 kms inside city)
Road conditions: Surprisingly awesome all way round.
Top speed achieved: 135 km/hr (for about 40 seconds)
FE Recieved: 20+
Stops made in between : 1
1. 6 speed gearbox is a charm and i think my decision was right on selecting a 6 speed. (6 gears = high speed = low rev's = high FE = low engine noise = lots of smiles)
2. Cabin noise is close to not audible at 100+ km/hr
3. Rear view mirror works like a charm in dimming lights from following vehicles.
4. Suspension is good in absorbing lumps/bumps and sudden changes in road contours.
5. Vehicle is balanced perfectly, cornerning at high speeds is not an issue.
6. Engine is smooth and at 3 figure speed does not seem to be working hard.
7. Music quality is good from cd/usb and will keep you entertained all the way.
8. Height adjustment on drivers seat, side armrest, dead pedal make sure that no body part pains through the journey.
9. Real importance of Bluetooth/steering controls is realised on highways.
10. Engine torque is avialable from 1500 - 3500 rpm.
Need to improve:
1. Drivers seat/steering should have memory function since a change in driver ensures that many adjustments be made.
2. Single CD player should be made multiple cd changer.
3. Side OVRMS should also have a dimming funtion as in the rear view mirror.
4. Ground clearance should be higher to make sure parking on elevated areas is not an issue.
5. Spare tyre should be an alloy in Asta trim at least.
Overall i feel that my spending of 8+ lacs on this car is fully justified.
Last edited by hyundai_i20; 17th December 2012 at 10:45 AM.