As the thread title describes that it is not a complete ownership review, but a semi-review giving the first impressions of this car!!
As we have finalised to buy a Vista VX two weeks back as it was meant for my brother-in-law and the delivery happened during my outstation trip last week.
I visited my homn town for "Ganesh immersion" on this Saturday where My brother-in-law and Vista VX both lives
. So I wanted to submit a crisp review of this car with some of my initial feelings Once I drove this car
Since I do not own this and did not do any pre-buying survey, I am only limiting the review to explain you what I felt driving this and for the same reason you may not find this review like other ownership reviews. Review Goal
: To give a feel of Vista VX which would help other prospective buyers of a hatchback
It was very simple pre buying duscussion took place as my brother-in-law told that he would like to buy a hatchback as his first car and without wasting much of time asked me to suggest. Then for his kind of budget and usage I suggested him 3 cars. A punto, A Vista, A Ritz. He has a fair idea on Ritz as I own one and he travelled with me in my car. Then we visited TATA showroom near to us "Tejaswi Motors" Hitech City who has 2 more TATA car show rooms in the city and has also opened a dedicated Fiat service set-up in Hyderabad recently. According to my experience on the TATA dealers of Hyderabad Tejaswi is a better one with sales and service part, hence decided to visit them. During our approach the the experience with the sales guys was fair enough and discussed on the car and its features and pricing. (You can find my experience with this dealer in a separate thread in this section with the name of " TATA dealer Tejaswi motors in hyderabad").
So buying decision took just 10 minutes for us as my brother-in-law just completely impressed with this car and does not even asked for a TD as he is relaying on my TD experience of this car last year and does not even liked to visit Fiat for Punto. So finalised the on road price of Rs.6,48,000/- including the free floor mats. As I explained the delivery took place when I was not in town.
Now comes my experience of driving this, I just tried to put them in bullet points to make your reading bit easy and I compared this with Ritz & Punto wherever I can.
1. The car looks as big as Manza except the extended boot.
2. Interior space is best in class and looks very appealing with 2 tone beige & black combination
3. Rear seating is very much impressive when I compare with Ritz & Punto as the seats are more reclying angle to provide you better support and comfort and rear leg room was awesome even when driving person push his seat completely back. we were 4 people seating on the rear and which fits really good
3. Front leg room is also good, where head room is little less when you compare it with Ritz, but you have height adjustable seat at the same time.
4. Stearing is adjustable type and with audio controls mounted on it. Stearing feeling just perfect while driving.
5. The Odo meter and others placed in center which I feel is just perfect rather than behind the stearing which is not visible at times my Ritz.
6. Entire dash looks very good with integrated 2-DIN audio which delivers some good quality sound. Only thing I did not liked was the black colored dash area where plastic quality looks bit cheap, but fit and finish is really awesome.
It has a seat belt warning and other indications perfectly.
7. Surprisingly the cabin noise is very less when I compare with Ritz. And also while car is running the noise looked less may be because of Bridgestone tyres. The tyre size 175 gives good stability on the road and I did not find it bumpy or body roll while braking in corners.
8. Gears are smooth to shift and initial pick is good. But some how I did not feel that turboKick like Ritz after 2000rpm. There was some knocking of the gear in 2nd when you accelarate-idle-accelarate.
9. Handling is really good, suspension is good than Ritz and will not give you any feel of path holes. we were 6 people on board. It just cruise away after 2000rpm comfortably and the driving and seating comfort is very good. ABS
breaking is just perfect as it comes to halt from 120kmph whithin no time.
10. Body built looks to be strong. On the interior the door opening handles pastic quality could have been better. power windows works perfect
11. There is a very good visibility of bonnet area from the driving seat
So on a over all note its complete "VFM
" package and If some body looking for a comfortable hatch with good FE and safety aspects then I will suggest Vista in first place which scores with sedan like space inside.
Now photos talk rest of the story. The pics are taken from my Samsung Wave 525, hence their quality is limited.