Ownership review – Toyota Etios Liva ( GD ) Diesel Sept 2012 Update 1
: Fuel Efficency Report @500 km on Pg 2 Update 2
: Fuel Efficency Report @1300 km on Pg 2
Here’s my car buying journey.
It started with looking at Renault duster and Maruti Ertiga as I like SUV kind of vehicles . But life has different plans for me, had to cut down my budget to 6 - 6.5 lac from my earlier 8-9 lac budget. No problem. Started reading blogs for the cars in this range/price. Forgot to mention , I am only looking @ Diesel cars. Prices quoted are from Chandigarh.
Shortlisted : Maruti Swift
: Good Car, very reliable engine, found the interior space little tight ,too many on road , waiting period too long . Thumbs Down. VW Polo
: great looking car, makes you feel young and sporty, like the interiors – dashboard simple and elegant. Back seat is uncomfortable – is little up right. Service cost is on higher side as well as parts, if needed in future. So Thumbs Down. Maruti Ritz
: they launched a new Ritz in the week we were looking at the cars , so we decided to have a look at it. I like the looks of the car – front only , rear is ok , little disappointment. Interior very maruti like you know that I mean. Drive was ok , felt the body roll, at driver seat position my knees very touching the centre plastic console, very uncomfortable in long drives. Thumbs down. Ford Figo
: Great little car, like the interiors , seating positions are comfortable, price point its value for money, free insurance + 3 yr warranty, my only problem was its exterior styling it looked dated and not a big fan of ford. Thumbs down. Toyota Liva
: To be frank, This car was not even in my list, as I have test driven it when it was launched in 2010/11 approx. But my brother in law, forced me to TD this car too. Went to Toyota dealership at Chandigarh to have a look at the car and TD it. First Impression
: Loved the looks of the car, paint job is very good , front and rear are very good looking – not a sporty as polo though’. Interiors:
At first, didn’t like the dash board and the centre speedometer. I always have been against the centre Speedo. But I was amazed at the space this car provide you with. I think, this the only small car which can comfortable seat 3 adults at the rear seat.
Also the driving position is great as well as the sporty seats give a comfortable feel. Time for TD
: Was in love with the Toyota D-4D engine the moment I drove it. Loved the way the car drives and handles. Steering is perfect , not too light not too hard. Turning radius is also very good. Didn’t feel any turbo lag like in maruti swift and big spike in torque at 2000 rpm, Toyota is very linier. Gear shift is very precise and light though reverse gear is at odd position – but you get use to it. Clutch is light. Forgot to mention the best part ABS
brake very assuring and precise ...loved it. Few points:
• Started liking the interior after 2 -3 visits to dealership(In my opinion grey/black interior is better than black/beige interior). Now after using the car on highway and city feels the interior/dash is very practical - like it but not super like it.
• Lots of cost cutting visible. Sun shade/visors are very light and cheap. A.c knobs very poor quality. No rubber trim on doors and windscreens . one reverse light , other one is dummy. Single horn – sounds light auto/milk van kind of horn LOL. Rear windows only go down 70%.
• A lot of Road noise is audible in the car.
• Engine noise is acceptable and is comparable to swifts or figo etc .May be I am used to the diesel clatter as I have driven diesel dezire and innova all these yrs.
• Didn’t like the way front suspension behaves – give a loud noise when u hit a pot hole.
• Boot space is good . good enough for a small car.
• Lacks electric adjustable side mirrors.
• Good amount of space to keep bottles etc
• AC vents unique and good
• AC cools the whole car in 2 mins, got compliments from my rear passengers .
• 4 Speaker comes with the car but not the stereo. Speakers produce good sound – didn’t expected that- good job Toyota saved Rs4000/Rs 5000.
• Service and parts cost is very low, I think service cost is around 2400 rupees. Buying Experience
Toyota sales staff was very professional. Didn’t offer any discounts on diesel but after spending some time with the sales staff and pressuring them was able to extract a discount of Rs 5000 cash and accessories worth Rs 3500. Now the sales guy is good friend and will be able to help anybody else want to buy a car from Chandigarh region. (just let me know , will be more than happy to assist you).
Got the White Colour Liva in 2 days after depositing the whole amount in their account. Conclusion
: Totally love this car, proud owner, very practical and spacious car, Toyota reliability and also took the 0 dep insurance , so no worries on that part.
(If you like the blue colour, you can extract a lot more discount from them) Fuel Efficiency
: Will update I coming weeks, got the tank full in Rs 1900. My Toyota Liva Cost:
Car price ex showroom chd: Rs 5,87,884
Insurance 0 dep: Rs 21,795
Logistics + temp number+ plates: Rs 2500
Road Tax (2% for cars less than 6 lac) + Card : Rs 11758+300
Total : 587884+21795+2500+12058= Rs 6,24,237
Discount: Rs 5000 Grand Total:
Rs 6, 19, 237
Accessories got for free worth Rs 3500
• Red and Black mats
• Chrome AC rings
• Silver /chrome gear knob
• Mud guards
Paid Accessories: Rs 8500
• Horn – roots wind tone black for Rs 500
• Side visors: rs 900
• Antenna: Rs 600
• 2 din music player : JVC KW-XG56T2 specially designed for Toyota etios also comes with jvc original cable/socket so no cutting of wires etc . Paid Rs 6500