9 year of hunt got me a 1998 Yamaha RX135 2 days back. Background:
I wanted a RX right from my school days, but my parents denied.
Later after 7 years of patience I got a 1994 RX100 when I was working in Gujarat. Sadly sold it within a few months as I relocated to Chennai.
Here is the ownership review Yamaha RX100 - Short Term Ownership Review Hunt Again:
Level 2 search started a week ago. Searched in each and every classifieds, called every ad poster, visited 5 of them but never satisfied either with the condition of the vehicle or the price.
Finally last Wednesday I found a 14 year young RX135 in average condition with a decent price tag. We spoke around 5:30PM, met him by 08:00pm, had a short TD, finalized the deal for 24k and paid him token advance promising that I will take delivery on the next day (but I couldn't due to urgent office tasks) Vehicle Details:
Make Model & Variant: Yamaha RX 135 4 speed
Model: 1998 Nov
No. of owners: 1 (fortunately or unfortunately with my same name)
Reason for sale: Not using bike anymore (he is around 45~50 years old, using his wife's Activa or car) Quick Observation:
- Cold start need choke
- Rear tyre is brand new
- Front tyre needs immediate replacement
- Clutch is good
- Engine roars without any abnormal noise (but at higher rpm there is some sound)
- Trace of oil under the engine & GB
- Frame under the seat started rusting
- Battery needs charging
- All electricals are functional except for Horn & indicators
- Brake shoes need replacement
- Wheels bearings are worn out
- Seat is brand new
Paid him the balance amount and taken delivery by Saturday afternoon. Mods done so far:
- Removed the RVM
- Changed the OE handle bar to the shorter one (I got used to this handle bar for more than a decade)
- Lubricated all the cables
- Recharged the battery
- Tuned the OE horn (I have a pair of Roots windtone horns, will be fixing it soon) Mods Planned in near future:
Here is a teaser image.
Will post more snaps soon