Meet My Beauty - Volkswagen Polo TDI (CL)

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I would like to share few pics of my all new POLO TDI (CL).

I completed 2000 KM in last week (drove in one week)due to the busy schedule am unable to write a complete review this week , by the end of the month i will back with full report :-)

My passion for car has increased immensely after I became owner of the Polo TDI . I was in search for the best car which affordable as well. My first choice was Swift(Maruti) for which i had commenced
With the bookings also. Since i already have a Maruti Wagon R ( my father using now) changed my mind and Finally end up with the stylish hatch VW Polo

Why VW Polo ?
============

My preference was , comfort ,style , millage and Fresh look and I got Everything in my VW polo TDI comfortline.I have completed more than 3000 in last 2.5 months including Highway , city , and steep Hairpins road in my Hometown Wayanad , Kerala
And mine is the only Polo in my town and definitely a head turner!! too, as no VW dealership in my District peoples prefer maruti always
As I am planning to get the vehicle to Bangalore where am working service is not an issue for me i believe

Buying Experience

================

Booked the vehicle in Trivandrum VW with booking amount of 10k as they have the only dealer agreed that Red Color (CL) TDI they can give in a month as my wife's preferred color was red . But i like pepper gray coz of classic look. And a week before the delivery they called and told me
that no red color polo in Comfort line and ready to give treandline which i was not interested as i could have taken it from Calicut VW near by my District.
And finally they arrange a pepper grey polo but i got delivery from Ernakulum VW Polo.(Same dealer) Any way experience with Dealer was Satisfactory for me.

Driving handling& Comfort
================
The Best in class , inside the polo you will feel secured, classic elegant interiors with High quality material.I never had a confidence to do 80 plus Km in my Wagon R , Be it in highways or any where coz you wont feel secured and bumpy in the Car i meant in Wagon R
But when i started driving polo the amazing machine will take all my breath in highways you can do 150 plus with 100% confident ,comfort and you still feel secured inside Polo coz of the suspension setup and handling of the Car . Drove 140 plus in few trips!!

Engine, pick Up & millage
=======================

I read many reviews about 3 pot engine and pickup issue for the POLO .
Really don't know in what ground People are taking about that . I bet ride the polo with Fiat multijet 1.3 ..no vehicle can touch the back of VW.As i stated earlier i drove almost all the driving condition and nothing bad about the pickup or turbo Lag, Drove in hairpin roads above 6000-7000 feet steep above sea level but engine was smooth and adequate pickup for my needs and getting an avg millage of 20-21

Few Things i like most
======================

1) Handling ,road grip high & speed Stability
2) Quality of the material Used ( many parts Polo shared with Audi and you can see Audi logo on it - i will post few pics later)
3) A good music system with Aux Support
4) AC is a chiller
5)Gear Shift
6) Wipers with many options ( Shared with Audi)

Dislikes
=======
1) low ground Clearance
2) lack of remote locking and VW is not allowing Customers to upgrade the same :(

No problem found as of today. Enjoying the ride with my Polo.

5.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

dd.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Meet my beauty Polo TDI (CL)

Many congrats on your Polo buddy. The first pic is just too good. 2000 kms in just one week [surprise], are you living in your Polo buddy. [sleep]

freakdude.

Thread Starter #4

Many congrats on your Polo buddy. The first pic is just too good. 2000 kms in just one week [surprise], are you living in your Polo buddy. [sleep]

freakdude.
Thank you mate.

I love photography too ( Pic was taken in my Canon 550D SLR)

Its been one month my Polo has got delivered. But only last week i got leave from my office to go home :(

And had a long trip with my friends and with my family including Highways, tough Hairpin Roads , City traffic etc ( Kerala) ... simply Polo is amazing .. i never had a confident to do 100plus KM in my wagon R , but this crazy Machine all away take you in to a new level.

This month end again am going for a week :-) , soon bring my vehicle from Kerala to Bangalore

Meet you all soon with a in depth review of THE CAR

Congrats yathi.
Nice pics and nice to know that you are having good times wit polo.
Pepper gray was one of my fav colors for polo, and it looks much better in flesh.
Keep up updated on your polo.

Congrats on getting hooked on to the one of the good looking cars on the Indian Roads. Wishing you more happy miles ahead!

OT - which place in kerala you from?

Thread Starter #7
Congrats on getting hooked on to the one of the good looking cars on the Indian Roads. Wishing you more happy miles ahead!

OT - which place in kerala you from?
Thank you Rajeev.

Am from Wayanad near to karnataka border, 2hrs drive from Mysore

Do you have any idea from where i can get Custom made seat cover for My Polo

Also how much it will cost in Banglore for Reverse Sensor?

Congrats Yathi for your new buy. Being a Polo Tdi owner myself I'l be a little biased but IMO its a great buy. The handling,high speed stability and driving dynamics will make you fall in love with this car. Its still the best looking hatch available in the Indian market today along with maybe Fiat Punto. Pepper Grey looks very elegant. Nice pics too. Eagerly waiting for your comprehensive review with the buying experience.
Wishing you lots of smiles and miles in your Polo. Drive safe!

Hi Yathi,

Congrats for your Polo and as i advise other Polo Owners on TAI, Drive the TDI Engine over Speed Breakers and Potholes carefully simply because of low ground clearance and Frequent Oil Sump Damages and Engine Cease Cases.

Hope you have taken 0% Dep Policy from Bajaj Allianz.

Take Care.

Thread Starter #15
@yathi - sorry for the delayed response. I got the seat covers and the reverse parking sensors (body coloured) from the showroom itself.
@ Rajjev no prob , How much you paid for reverse sensor and any idea about VW remote lock for comfortline ?

Top Bottom