My New Ford Figo!

Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Its been quite a ride with the verna and never felt comfortable with it. Although it had all the bells and whistle's couldn't see it as a complete package. Probably where i did miss the buck was its a very good looking car but only after you own one do you realize that its not about features its about the drive that's something which was sorely missing in the verna. Also i wasn't entirely comfortable with Hyundai's A.S.S and given the quality of parts in the verna it definitely wasn't the place to be at.

The Decision! : I had only one option to sell it now or sell it after 2 odd years. I decided will do it now rather than later also given the sky rocketing petrol prices and it made sense to sell it when it was spanking new!

The Hunt! : Selling of the verna was one thing but choosing the next one was totally another dilema altogether. Given the financial tightness due to buying a 10 lac car and selling it off again my only option was to go in for a hatch! a diesel one!

Chevy Beat : I decided in a beat not to go for it [;)]

VW Polo : Strong contender very good build quality but disappointingly 3 pot engine and down south even the diesel hatch's cost that much of a sedan! Option dropped as i didn't want to hit the petrol road again!

Swift : Petrol VXI was available had almost inclined to go for it since Maruti etc etc and i had previously owned a swift myself. But a bump into my frnd i realized what a mess i was getting into, he had a swift and told me of the slow speed breaking issue and i was like not again! Also the diesel had long waiting period and uncertainty of an production going ahead i dropped the idea.

Figo! : What a car i had read good reviews on this car and even my frnds suggested its very good. Took a test drive and really liked the ride went ahead and booked one!

Observations :
1. Brilliant ride quality, gives you more confidence to push it.
2. A sea change in suspension setup from the verna doesn't toss you across.
3. The power delivery is quite linear never had a issue of turbo lag.
4. Seating, driving position perfect!

Dealer Experience :
A special mention for the committed support from Metro Ford Bangalore! They got the car in 3 days flat and gave free accessories, car cover. Never cribbed about me getting insurance on my own and also the ODO was at 31 kms and the car already had more than 5 ltrs of diesel still they gave a 5 litr coupon to get it filled! Something that wasn't the case with Hyundai.

The registration and Number plate provided on the same day! That was fast!

Sum it Up! :
Finally a right decision made!

Pics below!

DSC_4350.JPG

DSC_4353.jpg

DSC_4354.jpg

DSC_4392.jpg

DSC_4387.jpg

DSC_4393.jpg

DSC_4395.jpg

DSC_43742.jpg

DSC_4375.jpg

Congrats bro take the corners and twisties now with the figo confidently .
What model is it ? Does it come with abs ?

Thread Starter #3
Congrats bro take the corners and twisties now with the figo confidently .
What model is it ? Does it come with abs ?
Thanks dude, rightly said. Its the EXI model didnt find any major diff between this and the ZXI wanted to go in for the after market fittings.

bobazooka !!

It is a long story of yours on Verna and congrats for your new Figo !!, but somewhere I feel you will change your this initial opinion about Figo very soon !! Any way all the good luck[clap]

350Z

Core Team
Probably where i did miss the buck was its a very good looking car but only after you own one do you realize that its not about features its about the drive that's something which was sorely missing in the verna.
Congrats on new ride, Bob. Welcome to Ford owner’s club. Doesn’t matter if it’s a smaller car than Verna. Just hope it offers peace of mind in future. Keep us updated.

Chevy Beat : I decided in a beat not to go for it
I’m quite curious to know the reason why Beat was kept out of the consideration.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Congrats on new ride, Bob. Welcome to Ford owner’s club. Doesn’t matter if it’s a smaller car than Verna. Just hope it offers peace of mind in future. Keep us updated.

I’m quite curious to know the reason why Beat was kept out of the consideration.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks Zee, yep it's peace of mind that I'm hoping for after the constant uneasy ownership of the verna :)

The beat was quite small inside and that was the main reason for not going with it.

bobazooka !!

It is a long story of yours on Verna and congrats for your new Figo !!, but somewhere I feel you will change your this initial opinion about Figo very soon !! Any way all the good luck[clap]
Thanks buddy, any reason why you felt my opinion might change?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Zee, yep it's peace of mind that I'm hoping for after the constant uneasy ownership of the verna :)

The beat was quite small inside and that was the main reason for not going with it.

Thanks buddy, any reason why you felt my opinion might change?
I just said with my opinion of Figo, nothing more to it !! opinions defer[clap]

Congrats on your New Figo !
After a sedan I am sure that you would find it easy to drive as well as park your Figo in and around the city.
Any accessories planned ?
Wishing you a Happy ownership throughout.
Drive Safe

Thread Starter #9
I just said with my opinion of Figo, nothing more to it !! opinions defer[clap]
Ah ok, yep each persons view would be different.

Congrats on your New Figo !
After a sedan I am sure that you would find it easy to drive as well as park your Figo in and around the city.
Any accessories planned ?
Wishing you a Happy ownership throughout.
Drive Safe
Thanks dude, yep its a whole lot easier than a sedan for sure. The reason i say this is bcoz the handling and the driving dynamics is too good. It gives you the confidence to push more which was never the case with the verna.

Accessories for now looking at a good HU with bluetooth and a good Speaker setup on the doors dont want to get a plank going at the back!

For HU Try with Poineer or JVC, both are good. and speakers JBL

If you install rear speakers in doors, it will disturb the sound clarity !! check out

Congrats Bob on your Purchase of Figo, It's indeed a very good car and with Class Leading Features,Do let us know more of your experience on the Ford Figo.

Thread Starter #13
For HU Try with Poineer or JVC, both are good. and speakers JBL

If you install rear speakers in doors, it will disturb the sound clarity !! check out
Currently this is what I'm looking at :
HU : JVC KD X50BT
Speakers : Components front and coaxials at the rear door.

Interesting comment there that the sound quality might suffer if installed on the doors.

i guessed it right [:D]

congrats for the figo [:D] so what was the on road price ?
Yep you sure did buddy ;)

OTR : 584000

Congrats Bob on your Purchase of Figo, It's indeed a very good car and with Class Leading Features,Do let us know more of your experience on the Ford Figo.
Thanks dude yep it's a VFM car!

Currently this is what I'm looking at :
HU : JVC KD X50BT
Speakers : Components front and coaxials at the rear door.

Interesting comment there that the sound quality might suffer if installed on the doors.
We're is the placement for the speakers which ford provides in their top models ?.
Iam asking because ford has the best oem stock music system in their cars compared to any other car in the market .

Thread Starter #15
We're is the placement for the speakers which ford provides in their top models ?.
Iam asking because ford has the best oem stock music system in their cars compared to any other car in the market .
That's in the door sockets dude!

Top Bottom