My New Renault Duster RXL (85 PS) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
rtdrn5.jpg

2n0mphe.jpg

Guys took delivery of Duster 85 RXL from Rajkot and drove up to my city Bhavnagar 200 km. Great and smooth ride. Powerful engine,great suspension and chilling AC. I got initial fuel average of 19 km/L . Experience at dealer was good. I am first owner of duster in my city so spent day with caching eyes and TD to friends.

PROS:
* Smooth silent efficient renault engine
* Spacious from inside compact from outside just like my jazz Infect it is just few cms longer than jazz. will post both cars pics side by side
* Smooth clutch and gear shift. Heard a lot about hard clutch pedal on but its like MAKHHAN.
* Efficient AC very cool inside. My model variant don't have blower for rear seats but cooling was sufficient for even back seats passengers.
* 3 services 2 months/2000 km, 1 year/10,000 km, 3 years /20,000 km .Renault thinks that their vehicle doesn't need services!!
* 4 years warranty.
* Great ground clearance. Forget your speed brakers.
* Almost no turbo-lag in 85 PS engine. Smooth ride in city and good to drive on highways.
* Awesome looks. I liked the gray more than symbolic brown . Highest demand is of white (indian mentality ) and brown which has 6 months waiting. Red and gray have 2 months waiting.
* Excellent visibility. You dont find problem while parking in reverse gear

CONS:

* Wind noise when you go more than 100 km/hr
* After riding jazz for all this years engine's sound irritates. though much silent inside.
* Speaker quality average.
* Trying to pair my samsung galaxy note with car"s buletooth not successful till now.
* Jump seat installed at back is for kid. its a true 5 seater.
* Reverse light and vipers controls. Light controls on left and vipers on right. Everytime i take turn,vipers start moving. old habit you know.

thats all for now guys will post in future more details [:)]

Re: my new reanult duster 85 RXL

That's the first time I am seeing that shade on the Duster and to be honest it certainly is looking very nice. Great choice of vehicle as well as the color. Amazing FE figure too. 19kmpl in an SUV is like unheard of.
Wishing you lots of smiles and miles in your new car. Keep us updated with the Duster's performance. Drive safe. Cheers!!

congrats on your duster[clap]
19 kmpl is a dream mileage for a SUV
awaiting for more stills of interior and exterior also.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Congrats for the car [;)] and really 19 kmpl is really good. Do try the full tank method to check the real time mileage.

Also surprised to know that there's no turbo lag.

I don't know about the duster's bluetooth system but try this.

In the car bluetooth menu select pair, i think the screen will show pairing pass code 0000. Then in your samsung note select search Bluetooth device. I think this shoukd pair the device.

And normal diesel have service period of 1 year / 10000 km. You have to get it serviced after 20000kms right.

Congrats on your New Renault Duster !
Please post some pics of greater quality. !
How is the dealership experience ? Can you please elaborate on the service intervals prescribed by Renault ?
Drive Safe

DUSTER congrats !! for your new DUSTER !!

I hope you are the first owner on TAI !! we look for more pics and more things about it

Congrats for the duster buddy .
Superb mileage but like allhyundai suggested try doing the tank full to tank full method .
Have fun and don't worry about the pot holes .

Thread Starter #10
Congrats for the car [;)] and really 19 kmpl is really good. Do try the full tank method to check the real time mileage.

Also surprised to know that there's no turbo lag.

I don't know about the duster's bluetooth system but try this.

In the car bluetooth menu select pair, i think the screen will show pairing pass code 0000. Then in your samsung note select search Bluetooth device. I think this shoukd pair the device.

And normal diesel have service period of 1 year / 10000 km. You have to get it serviced after 20000kms right.
Blue tooth started working there was problem in phone.thanks for help

Congrats Pradip, Post some pics of Interiors & Engine, Drive Safe.
Thanks will post it soon

I drove at speed of <90 km/hr as mentioned in manual keeping rpm below 2500 so got good average.Filled tank to full while leaving Rajkot and again filled it to full on reaching home.and calculatrd average.Thanks all for liking review.

Thread Starter #12
2cct1ee.jpg

look at the Audio controls behind steering

23swt45.jpg

The Interior

o6fgyd.jpg

Leg Room

347tkpt.jpg

Look at the mirror adjuster below hand brake

ycu4w.jpg

Engine: look at the hydraulic liver lifting bonnet

2cr0n83.jpg