Originally Posted by Iron Rock
it could be either the steering stabiliser bush or tighten the bolt (under the rubber bush) on the two deep corners as you peep in to the bonnet
Yes, it was steering stabilizer bush which had gone kaput! UPDATE:
Have got first free service done at 5082 KMs, I had been following related threads from couple of months so i was somewhat aware of the issues & their solutions, there were few inherent issues which came as its share when i took the delivery but none of those were major issues. Also it was "Joy" of having a new car and i wanted to enjoy every bit of it rather then "mourn" over issues ! Issues which were inherent at the time of delivery :
1> Driver door required hard push to close.
2> Notchy 1st and 2nd gears.
3> Dark triangle on low beam.
4> Wiper blades were of poor quality, didn't wipes water completely from windshield.
Issues which creep-ed in, in last 5000 KMs.
5> "Thud" sound from front left suspension.
6> 12V socket in middle row stopped working.
7> Water spray/stream from jets were inadequate to clean the windshield.
8> High beam was way too high, it used to blind the incoming traffic. (Not an issue actually)
9> Cover over IRVM (attached to windshield) became loose, used to vibrate a lot.
10> "Time" inside display unit reset-ed on its own.
11> Brakes sometimes made grinding sound, only at very low speeds (I will not relate this to brake grinding issue). ASS experience
at Sri Durga Automobiles, Rama Road, Delhi.
- They open at 8.00am sharp.
- Very clean working conditions.
- Service advisers listen to your problems very carefully, properly note them down, didn't deny even minute issues.
- Separate customer lounge exclusive for XUV owners, neat and clean.
- Owners/attendents/drivers not allowed in servicing areas ; however you can always see your car all the time from first floor of lounge.
- On time delivery of your vehicle after service.
I must say SAs are very well trained, they don't just "hear" you, they "LISTEN" to you. All of the above issues were reported to service adviser, all were noted down, all were fixed in appox 5 hours.
1> Driver door required hard push to close. (Adjusted and its fixed)
2> Notchy 1st and 2nd gears. (Gear Lever adjusted, problem fixed atleast 50%, only 1st gear is bit notchy, as per SA it will be smooth after some usage, 2nd gear is butter smooth now)
3> Dark triangle on low beam. (Beam adjusted to great extent)
4> Wiper blades were of poor quality, didn't wipes water completely from windshield. (Wiper blade replaced under warranty, as per SA its of new design)
5> "Thud" sound from front left suspension. (Both front stabilizer bushes were replaced under warranty, again as per SA its new design)
6> 12V socket in middle row stopped working. (Fuse replaced under warranty)
7> Water spray/stream from jets were inadequate to clean the windshield. (Wiper motor replaced, its new Laminat motor now, they are doing it for all XUVs under warranty)
8> High beam was way too high, it used to blind the incoming traffic. (Not an issue actually) (Adjusted)
9> Cover over IRVM (attached to windshield) became loose, used to vibrate a lot. (Fixed)
10> "Time" inside display unit reset-ed on its own. (Software updated, lets see how long its goes)
11> Brakes sometimes made grinding sound, only at very low speeds (I will not relate this to brake grinding issue). (Brakes were cleaned, As per SA brake pads will be replaced at 10,000 KM service under warranty as new design of brake pads is yet to be launched)
Things done on routine service:
- Engine Oil changed to Maxmile (6 Litres) : Rs 1448.00 + taxes
- Diesel Oil Filter : Rs 240.00 + taxes
- Distilled water : Rs 50.00 + taxes
- Lubrication at underbody parts, synthetic lubrication of transmission oil : Rs 800.00 + taxes
- Battery checkup : Rs xx.xx (don't remember)
- Underbody coating checking and some touch-ups.
- Teflon coating.
- Coating on silencers and iron parts under body.
- Full Washing and Vacuum cleaning.
- Dry Cleaning : Rs 1000.00 + taxes ( but were waived off later)
Total bill came was Rs 4081/- was reduced to Rs 3052.00/-.
All in all i will rate M&M 9.5/10 in servicing department (atleast in my case), I was not expecting this level of service. Working was quite systematic in the workshop area, Service cost seems justified, all left me impressed.
Changes observed after servicing:
Had just been to office and home, have driven around 100 Kms or so after service, noticed following:
- Engine is more silent now.
- In gear acceleration is more smooth now.
This observation is based on just 100 Kms drive, will keep you updated !
Happy Driving & Happy Deepawali!