As i mentioned in my earlier post that my XUV 5OO too came with his own share of niggles, Below are issues which are observed after 900 KMs of drive so far.
* Driver side door needs extra application of force to close the door.
* 1st and 2nd Gears are bit notchy.
* I'm not happy with low beam light intensity, Front fog lamps must be kept lit to view the road.
* Wiper blades are of very budget quality, as a precautionary measure i seldom use them and have developed the habit of cleaning the front windshield by moist cloth every morning instead of using blades.
* Acceleration in IInd gear is sharp but with little vibrations, Solution to this to upshift to 3rd gear as early as possible. If i'm not wrong it is the torque steer which i'm facing in 2nd gear?? Please suggest if any existing user have faced this? Is this the characteristic of the vehicle?
* Power windows : Its not a niggle, but the time period of application of command (Pressing button) and execution (Rolling up/down) is long, It is not instant. Had it been instant, it would have been better. By the way is it only me having this issue or this too is a characteristic of the car?
These are the only niggles which i've observed so far, the joy of riding the machine is not even allowing me to notice the niggles and i hardly care about above issues.
Niggles (Reported in first & Second Batch XUV's) which has been fixed :
* Brakes Squeeze : Fixed, have never faced it, tried to hear lot to hear that creeping noise on empty road but there was none.
* Clutch Pedal : Super Soft, Just like my Figo TDCI with right travel range, I didn't find the travel range longer as reporte by few, However the TD vehicle was having a bit harder clutch and longer travel range.
* Electrical : This was one of the reasons for going for W6, till date every electrical equipment has been working perfectly. Not even a single failure of any button so far. Cruise control
works like a charm every time: I remember when for the first time i engaged CC, there was a big smile on my face, +/- buttons to increase / decrease speed works perfectly. Your legs are relaxed . I thought for a second that if Car will do everything on its own then what will i do? AC
is very effective and cools the cabin in no time. I haven't installed any sun control films yet. I usually keep the temperature at around 24-26 degress and never felt uncomfortable. Start/Stop
feature is good for city driving, works every time. I mostly keep this feature ON. Auto Head-lams
,works perfectly whenever i pass "underpass" or from Delhi Metro Stations, Good feature not only for you but also for traffic following you. Its utility + safety feature.
*Rattling : I haven't heard any rattling sound from anywhere of vehicle so far, thoroughly checked this on rough road with all windows rolled up.
*Hand brakes : Someone on other thread reported that hand brakes are ineffective on XUV, I don't find any such issue. No matter how much slope you are on, HB works well !!
*Vehicle pulling : Number of users reported pulling of vehicle on left or right, Even i had this slight left pulling but that was because of incorrect tire pressure, as soon as pressure was corrected all pulling was gone, you can drive infinite kilometers in straight line without even touching the steering.
*Infotainment Display : Have not seen it not working till now, not even a single fluctuation / malfunctioning. Recognizes every folder/song of my 8GB pen drive. Have not tried my apple to connect to it but my brother's phone connected without any issues.
* In-dilutions of Road : The famous "Thud" sound..what is this?? I accidently jumped a monstrous speed breaker on Sonepat-Rohtak road @ 90-100 KM/H, For a second I and my brother realized 'what the @#$K' as we were on low beam because of incoming traffic & it was tooo late to apply brakes but to our surprise XUV sailed through it, I am sure for a fraction of second XUV was in air, but landing was thud-less with mild thud (At this point 3 people were sitting on 2nd row, and only middle person sitting on 2nd row who happend to be my aunt complained of banging her head on roof, Before journey i warned her to wear seatbelt but she utterly refused but after this incident she ran for seat belts, all other occupants were wearing seatbelts; at this point we all had a good laughter)
I think these were the only reported issues which were raised again and again. If i'm missing something then please let me know and i would be happy to answer. I want every prospective XUV buyer to know the vehicle inn and out, TAI
is the medium, we (members) are here to share our ownership reviews, Lets help each other!
Accessories for Mr. Black which are finalized today .
1> Side Steps (Fixed)
2> Rear Bumper Guard (Fixed)
3> Body Cover (Purchased)
4> Bucket Mats (Pending but delivery will be made at my door step with a week's time as shopkeeper was not having them readily available)