Tum se achchha kaun hai
dil lo jigar lo jaan lo
ham tumhare hain sanam
tum hame pahachaan lo
(Who’s better than you?
take my heart, take my life to know
I’m all yours my LUV
you please recognise me
It is difficult to leave our loved ones to somebody else’s hands just like that, so I didn’t opted for car pickup & delivery at my place however was available and decided to take Ertiga on my own to the service centre. 1st Free Service Upadate:-
After the long rides to Shirdi last week LUV’s meter cluster was showing 965Kms, just few more Kms in Mumbai roads, made a call to dealership for early appointment of 1st free service. After 3 days, on Monday 27th, visited the service centre early morning at 8:30 am. There were already five to six cars waiting outside. I was directed to customer lounge to meet my service engineer. Inspection:-
1. SE inspects the car throughout inside & outside for any damages, scratches or dents.
2. SE requests to remove all valuables from the car.
3. SE suggests keeping the service manual inside the car only.
4. I was issued an initial feedback forms, etc. which I filled and returned to SE.
5. He prepared an inspection report with work order.
6. Asks whether Antirust was done (surprised with his question as antirust was done by the dealership before taking the delivery at an additional cost with five years warrantee, I don’t know, how to check that it’s done or not, Expert please guide me on this).
7. Suggested Engine & Silencer coating as the same are made of Aluminium & needs protection.
8. Also suggested Engine oil and Gear oil admixtures for longer life of the parts.
9. On my question about which Engine oil they use, the reply was Mobil Oil. Complaints Noted:-
1. Car was dirty inside out due to long drives.
2. Asked to check tire pressures.
3. Some noise was disturbing me during my long drives (nobody realised though) may be from the rear seats. I thought loosely fitted seats while carpet lamination could be the culprit.
4. Rear wiper was making some noise while wiping. Cost of Service:-
1st Service had to be free as the name suggests and it was, except the Engine & Silencer coating with Engine oil and Gear oil admixtures which costs me around 3800 total. Rest all the complaints were satisfactorily attended free of costs. Initial Impression:-
I thought not a single penny will be spent from my pocket at 1st free Service but as usual the business continued. I didn’t knew or was aware of this Engine & Silencer coating with Engine oil and Gear oil admixtures before, never heard or read in this forum. Just like when a baby is born, you spend on doctor’s advice without thinking much giving newborn’s health the utmost importance. I decided to get the things done for my LUV, as didn’t have sufficient time to crosscheck or take expert’s opinion at that instance.
Experts may throw some light on this issue. Final Impression:-
As suggested, went back to take the delivery at 1:00 pm, my LUV was just getting ready for final touches of cleaning, wiping, etc. SE showed me the Engine bay area and exhaust pipe coating & It was really shining!!
Few valuables were mistakenly left in the car were still there thankfully, just realised same while inspecting the car before taking delivery. In all was a mixed bag feeling.
Finally filled the customer feedback form with all excellent tick marks!! Don’t you understand I have to come for another two free services for my LUV!! Ha Ha..
Seene mein dil hai, dil mein tumhi ho Last but not the least:-
tum mein hamaaree, chhoti si jaan hain
tum ho salaamat, ham ko nahi gam
tum se hamaaree, duniya javaan hain
(In my chest, I have a heart, in this heart there’s my LUV
in you is my small life
when you’re safe, I’m not sad
with you only my world is young
My sales executive was ready with my original election ID card (at least one original proof required for registration purpose here in Mumbai, I think) including balance freebies as promised earlier at the time of buying accessories. They were Car cover and Car perfume.