Did a nice Mumbai-Pune drive today. Left by afternoon and reached home a while back. Halt in Pune was only for 30 minutes and I was driving all the while. Heavy rains and night driving did add some stress, yet I am feeling fresh now, ready for another drive! I have been to Pune and back in my Punto and Innova as well, but I can say that XUV proved to be a much better long distance car.
Some points -
* Got a FE of 13.5 kmpl.
* Since the engine is not run in, I did not cross 2500 rpm on the express highway, still managed to touch 130 kmph effortlessly.
* Set the cruise control to 120 kmph and the express highway drive was a breeze. The Auto wipers was doing it's job and all I had to do was control the steering.
* I can now confidently say that the ride is a bit harsh. It handles bumps very well, but on large potholes, the suspension thuds into it and shakes the car. Innova is way better. Another XUV owner told me that this is common in new cars and the ride will improve after 5000 kms.
* Stability at express highway speeds is fantastic.
* Acceleration is superb.
* High beam is simply amazing, low beam is average.
* Steering feel is as good as the Innova.
* Body roll is well controlled and is similar to the Innova's. This is the first Mahindra which can carry decent speeds on corners.
* GPS does have some error. Niggles :
1) Rear right hand side door does not unlock and hence cannot be opened.
2) Driver side window still squeaks. An XUV owner told me that it must be the water which must have entered inside while installing the tints, will go off soon.
Originally Posted by Shibadip
As Guruala sir said, +10000 for the photos. You certainly know at what angles a beast like XOOVY must be photographed.... This is the 1st time I am liking the rear end of the XUV. Thanks to you, and your Xperia.
Thank you buddy.
| BTW, you mentioned that you didn't like the lounge lighting. Can you explain why??
It looks tacky and does not really have any 'lounge' feel. Moreover, the lights on the footwell are too dim.
And the gear being a bit harsh on the 1st and 2nd gear, I thought that the issue has been resolved in the new batch of XUVs
Even I thought the same. A friend says, it will improve with time. Lets see.
Originally Posted by furtunerx
First of all congrats for your new XUV 5oo. Since I am still waiting for the launch of Storm for the last two years and loosing Rs. 8000 per month as conv. allowance from the company, but seeing the interiors and detailing of XUV, I am also fascinated ( although true safari fan) for buying this instead of waiting endlessly for storm.
Pl. keep updating regarding the quality issues which many other members have raised regaring the XUV.
There are 2 quality related issues in my car, which are listed above.