When you have heard or read about certain issues in your car, you are always eager to find them!
While driving my XUV, I drive with ears wide open to listen to any abnormalities. The issues which I feel is present in my car are:
1) Brake grinding noise : you rarely hear it, but nevertheless M&M has a solution for it, so I will opt for it anyways.
2) Thud from suspension : I dont know if I am imagining things... maybe its normal suspension noise, but I will still get this checked.
3) Faint rattling from driver's door and rear RHS door : can be heard with music off.
Now apart from the niggles, the good things to talk about
1) I will die repeating this - the mHawk engine is a masterpiece. The bottom end torque is so good that it pulls cleanly even in 6th gear. The engine is refined and is giving us an average of 10-11 kmpl.
2) I am very happy with the suspension setup. Yes, it is stiff - even the Punto was stiff. But at higher speeds, it is compliant and the stiff suspension also enables the XUV to handle like a tall hatchback, if not a road hugging sedan.
3) The XUV can really mask speeds. The acceleration is great and NVH is good, so the cabin remains calm.
4) The clutch, even after so much abuse, is super light to use.
5) I am okay with the braking, maybe I got used to it... My friend mentioned that the brake takes a long time to bite, so I think I should get the new pedal setup.
6) All the gadgets (automatic wipers, cruise control, infotainment system, etc.) performs beautifully.
7) The A/C is a chiller in the sweltering Mumbai heat. Even in the rear seats.
Reviews from my friends and family:
Friend 1 (after driving it): I am in love with the XUV, love every bit of it.
Friend 2: It handles like a car...
Brother: Good car, but Innova is better. Seats of XUV are more comfortable though.
Mother: Innova is better as it is easier to get in and get out. My mom is a Safari fan and she travelled in my uncle's new Safari 2.2 recently and she says - XUV is more comfortable than the Safari, in seat comfort and ride... Safari was bouncy. I was like -
(She has not been driven around in the Storme yet)
Sister-in-law: Legroom in rear seat is more in Innova, but both cars are equal in other aspects.
All of them (unanimously) : "XUV is 100 times better than a Scorpio".
As far as I am concerned - for that money, this is the perfect vehicle in that segment for my needs
. My next choice for that money would be the Chevrolet Cruze.
Meanwhile, today the chauffeur reversed my Xoovy onto a wall and there is a small dent on the rear bumper. Xoovy is going for a service soon and I will update the costs...