My Lovely Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My Name is Gurudatt(Guru), i own a Maruti 800 car, this car being First car to my Home and begin this reason i am very emotionally attached, to tell you the truth my Friends call my car as my Girl Friend[:)].

The craze or i would say passion for the Carz started in me since my childhood, i have had collected many models of the carz(toys mainly Hotwheels). I always wanted a car for my family, whenever we are late in bangalore or its raining i used to stand in the road and look at the people driving the car and feel how lucky are they to own a car.

Finally the day arrived, after a long family discussion my Parents agreed to buy the car, the decision was to buy a true value car. After a long search and seeing many shows rooms, my father liked and only insisted me to buy this car from Mandovi Motors Vijaynagar and we purchased 2003 standard maruti 800 car though with a Auto Loan[:)]

After these year's i feel touched when people says in a bit lower tone.800 aa, this what tempted me to replace the car, but was not able to make a decision. However after seeing the blogs in TAI, with the information of Varun i have now made up my mind to modify my car and to ensure that people get impressed seeing the car. I am not sure till what extent i will proceed keeping budget in my mind but i will make sure the car that i will do my best. [:)]

Currently attached one pic of my car.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,
Welcome to TAI. It seems to be a nicely maintained car. Please do post some more pics of the car(some interior pics too). Similar to you my passion for cars is since child hood and I too own many toy cars. I own a 93 model M800 http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/7693-my-first-car-maruti-800-ac-93-model.html

You should never feel touched for people saying anything low about your car. Many of the people said that I am a fool buying an old car and wasting so much money and time. But its my car bought from my money and its my passion to restore it and upgrade it with many new things.

BTW what are your future modification/upgrade plans ??

Thread Starter #3
Hi Shantanu

Thank you for the quick response and showing interest in my blog, I did not had many pics stored, i will be doing it soon. The current POA is to fix and AC to the car, which i think will be done this week, I am not sure what effect it would give but i think it will be useful for me during rainy days

Will also be fixing a break booster to the car......the total cost quoted is 26k, i will be coloring the rims black. Will post the pics one the work is done.

Hi Guru, nice write up. Here there are many passionate 800 owners including me. Hi also my name is Varun just misspelled in your post..

So where are you getting the A/C fitted, let me know I need to visit there once.

As said by Saishibu, why not add a left mirror, it will enhance the looks as well as safety.
IMO please don't paint the rims to black, it wont look good. Try getting some wheel caps or leave it as it is.

Thread Starter #7
Welcome GuruR!!
One more M800 GUY to TAI! [clap]
Thanks Sreejesh,

Hi Guru, nice write up. Here there are many passionate 800 owners including me. Hi also my name is Varun just misspelled in your post..

So where are you getting the A/C fitted, let me know I need to visit there once.

As said by Saishibu, why not add a left mirror, it will enhance the looks as well as safety.
IMO please don't paint the rims to black, it wont look good. Try getting some wheel caps or leave it as it is.
Sorry Varun for the typo, i think i was carried away writing and made a mistake, rectified it.

thanks for the idea, i will add left rear view mirror, in fact i am changing both as the current one is not good, i cannot see the vehicles movement correctly, can i get the colour of my car, i am planing to paint them as you have done. Your the boss for ideas :)

I inquired about the AC in Mandovi showrooms, they are charging 23K total, the garage where i am planning to fix the ac is in Nagarbhavi road, Bruhad Automobiles. the Mechanic is my friends cousin. This is the first time my car goes to a local garage, until now its only showroom serviced. I was there until now today, he was no able to get the AC parts and hence its postponed for now. Leave gone waste today [anger]

Varun if you could make it to garage then that would be great, you can give some inputs to me. I appreciated

nice ride :)
why cant you fix left side rear view mirror?
Hi shibu,

Thanks for the idea, i will be fixing a left rear view mirror. i will change the current one as i feel difficulty in viewing rear vehicular movements.

Layman point of view question, can you give me an idea what mirror i should buy, will i search for the one with chrome finish or if you could let me know any good ones

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
I have a good mechanic but he does not do any repairs related to A/C.
Varun,

I think this guys do repair AC's, i will however check with him today. I have heard that Aditiya Car AC are good one for AC repairs, one shop is in Rajajinagar. They quoted 24 K for me to fix and AC.

Let me know if you want me to check with him, i came to know that your car was damaged recently in Vijayanagar. I know how it feels [anger]

Now every thing is fine in my car except the A/C, the gas is leaking some where. These aditya a/c near jayanagar where they straight away tell we just fill gas no other repairs.

Do let me know if they repair the A/C I shall get it done next month.

Thread Starter #13
Now every thing is fine in my car except the A/C, the gas is leaking some where. These aditya a/c near jayanagar where they straight away tell we just fill gas no other repairs.

Do let me know if they repair the A/C I shall get it done next month.
Sure Varun, i will message you by tomorrow, as i got to know the problem i will speak to the mechanic.

I also want buy a head unit to my car as the current one is broken, what do u suggest. Should i go for a DVD or just MP3 with USB. My budget is low and if i fix DVD i have to go with dapic

Last edited:
Better get an on mirror LCD costs about 3k, which can play movies too, but the sound output should be connected to the HU.
Varun, I heard from the accessary shop guy that in reflection may not be good in night in this mirrir LCD. I do not know much about it. I thought giving some input from myside.

Top Bottom