My Volkswagen Polo TDi

Thread Starter #1
hi
Im Niranjan residing currently in bikaner (rajasthan).Basically from chennai working here.
I have got myself a white polo tdi (trendline) on august 3rd.
Car was transported via aggarwal from chennai on 4th.
Reached jaipur on 13.picked the car from there at 6.30 pm.
started the journey to bikaner at 10.30 pm reached by 3 am.distance 360 kms.
The journey was just wonderful and so different.I previously had i20 asta (petrol) and this polo was so different to drive.[surprise]

differences between these two:
1.better equipments in i20
2.polo has better suspensions and steering
3.polo has better quality
4.polo has better looks (subjective)
5.i20 was so silent[roll]
6.headlights in polo simply pathetic
7.i20 is a bit boring to drive
8.i20 had an awesome number (1030)
8.i20 svc is 30 kms but for polo 250 kms
9.i20 had better front view

i20 i had covered 45k kms in 1.5 yrs.It was my first car and so it has a soft spot in my mind.Now my dad has it.

on my return journey landed my polo in 4 big potholes on highway [anger].just a thud sound but no rocking inside cabin.what a car.

photos will be uploaded soon guys.its raining here so please be patient.
now pls give me suggestions for headunit and speakers,seat covers.
I want clear sound with ok bass.budget around 50 k.

Congratulations Nitin.

But help me understand that whether you bought the car in Jaipur or in Chennai ? If it was Chennai then how come a delived car in Chennai on 3rd Aug got transfered via Agarwal packers n movers on 4th Aug to Jaipur ?

As far as your comparsion between i20 and Polo. Boss i20 was a Petrol and Polo is a Diesel so trait of both the cars would be different.

Anyway, keep this thread updated and share some pictures as well. :-)

Nitin congrats and thanx so much for writing a ownership report
.there are many polo owners here with whom you can communicate and ask questions regarding accessories .
And yes please post some pics of the German beauty and the interiors too.
Have a blissfull ownership with your polo.

Thread Starter #4
shailinder ji
car was delivered on 3rd at chennai .it was loaded in the container on 4th.it reached jaipur on 13th.yes you are right there is no comparison.I started drivin around 5yrs and was always a petrolhead all these time.Now this transition is so different for me.

raja
il post pictures possibly by today evening.Il communicate with them.you have a pintu right?

guys it is niranjan not nitin. :-P

thanks

Hi nitninja, congratulations for your new POLO TDI. Yes i20 will be much more silent than POLO tdi as polo is diesel and i20 was petrol. But the major sifferen you would find is strong build, suspensions and highway driving manners. Enjoy ur ride mate. [:)]

hi I have got myself a white polo tdi (trendline) on august 3rd.
Congrats for polo Niranjan and welcome to TAI. Which color have you got?

differences between these two:
8.i20 svc is 30 kms but for polo 250 kms
I did not get this point!

now pls give me suggestions for headunit and speakers,seat covers. I want clear sound with ok bass. budget around 50 k.
See this for suggestions: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/8151-please-suggest-speakers-polo.html

Congrats for polo again.

Hello and welcome to TAI niranjan.

Congratulations on the polo buddy[clap]. It's a very nice nice and that's a nice comparo between both the rides. And yes Polo and I20 are a very different vehicles as one is a petrol and the other one is a diesel, so the diesel will not be as quite as the petrol though.

Wishing you happy motoring with your polo. Waiting for the pics. [:)]

Thread Starter #9
singh90
but im starting to love this diesel sound.il point out more differences when im getting ised to it.

rightnow
it is white one.that was the distance for both the service centres from my place.thanks for the link man.

dharmesh
exactly.these points were explicit when i drove the car ;-)

@all thanks guys

rightnow
it is white one.that was the distance for both the service centres from my place.thanks for the link man.
Ohh ok. Good thing is that you would need to visit once a year or once a 15000 kms. I hope you don't face any other niggles in your car.

Congrats Nitninja. Welcome to the VW family.
Even I own a petrol i20 as well as Polo TDI. The polo looks,feels better and alot more fun to drive than the Hyundai. The only thing I lack of equipments and comfort in the Polo (I like i20's seats better).

Niranjan, you seem to be another photography freak. Nice pics.

I feel so out of place on TAI when I realize that I do not have an SLR.
I am planning to get one soon at least for sake of shooting polo.

Thread Starter #14
rightnow
just get one.polo is a photogenic car :-) il upload more photos by evening.climate here is getting better now.

Top Bottom