Making Ambi - Ambi Lover

Thread Starter #1
To shorten the story(which never happens anyways), Ambi has been a family fav - all in family are healthy enough so any vehicle - no fits, but ease with Ambi. So i was behind father since 2006, (b&w days) I was shifting from Hyderabad to Hospet and Dad offered me do it in Ambi.

Well that was the hands on experience - Ambi with Toyota 2C, Uff the way i was covering was amazing, so had to happen a AMBI FAN :-) with 5 people and dickey full of luggage, the pull, the smootness, the comfort made me - Ambi Fan!!!!

In Year 2007, I was based in Delhi had started to make some handsome money and was behind dad to help me build a Ambi. Ambi started to join family, but every visit would upset because the vehicle would be quantitative but not qualitative.

So time went by opportunity started to ponder, Bangalore residing came up, we started to look for skill where we can build my ambitious Ambi. Bangalore was not much to offer, one old friend of dad came into picture for painting and tinkering, so two months commitment stretched to 3 but finally the long stood Ambi stood to expectations.

So the looks got the beauty it needed but about the pull/strength lacked. It was pain to drive, reaching 100 took 3 mins as Ambi pocket was with IsuzuB1 with life time over needed a change again.

So we started again a engine search Bangalore gave us a bad impression - (should not mention name) bangalore scrap yard showcased the engines IsuzuG1 but price given was 35k just Engine, Gearbox 35k - upsetting, isnt it?

Requested friends in Chennai for enquiry it in locally for IsuzuG1, but only assurance kept coming but no news. Again dads contact had to come in picture after a months search one unit from Rajmundry reached us for 29k with engine, gearbox and Joint.

So now reach 100 is so quick we wonder if its same Ambi, but the qualitative work is pending. This needs a special work of tuning up and reducing engine noise, humming etc etc.

Approached few mech in Bangalore, many rejected as they do not want to work on Ambi. Few showing interest do not present themselves with confidence, so now searching for genuine mech in bangalore and it should be bang alone as it has to live with me here. WP_000242.jpg

WP_000233.jpg

Wow your car looks extremely well maintained man [clap]. Can you post the pics of the interiors too ?

Indiakram

You really made me cry today[cry] out of emotion, affection, attachment and what not !!

It is so well looked Ambi from quite some time for me and you have re-ignited my old love & my mate, the black Amby way back in early 90's. Thank you man[sad]

Yes even I look for more interior pics and if I get a chance I would like to see this when I visit next time to Bangalore !!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
seriously the 2nd pic looks just amazing [;)] and a black ambi [thumbsup] i have just seen white here [:D]

don't want to be a mood killer but please get new front tyres , if you don't want to buy new tyres just yet then do a tyre rotation. the rear wheel is in good condition.

Thread Starter #8
Indiakram

You really made me cry today[cry] out of emotion, affection, attachment and what not !!

It is so well looked Ambi from quite some time for me and you have re-ignited my old love & my mate, the black Amby way back in early 90's. Thank you man[sad]

Yes even I look for more interior pics and if I get a chance I would like to see this when I visit next time to Bangalore !!
Hi, Please let me know in advance when you will be bangalore, might be my dad will take this along with him to Hospet [surprise]

Thread Starter #9
seriously the 2nd pic looks just amazing [;)] and a black ambi [thumbsup] i have just seen white here [:D]

don't want to be a mood killer but please get new front tyres , if you don't want to buy new tyres just yet then do a tyre rotation. the rear wheel is in good condition.
Yupp, we changed with the new one, Its Appollo Amazer - all four.

My god look at those seats they must be super super comfertable man .are you planning to change the inetriors too ? My suggestion make it upmarket but do keep that vintage look .

Thread Starter #11
Super fantastic !!!! U have maintained it so well Get a chrome rearview mirror if u can it will look good on your ambi.
Hi sachin, I want to take the further look improvement on stage two, am seriously working for sound, vibrations, seats and later might be mirrors.

Even i am not happy with the view that i get with these mirrors[lol]

Thread Starter #13
My god look at those seats they must be super super comfertable man .are you planning to change the inetriors too ? My suggestion make it upmarket but do keep that vintage look .
Seats are comfortable just that those are pretty old needs some refurbishing - might be cusion filling or strengthening the springs etc.

God's grace i have been getting it all.

wooooooooow did i spotted ambi, why haven't i seeing any ambi these days dude u really made me happy today. So how is the performance till now after driving 51824.

This car still manages to sell in decent numbers. And it can take any abuse. Well.. i think it has zero maintenance. And comfort comes as a default feature.

In my native(south TN). I heard that a Ambi saved a family, It took the blow from the coconut tree which fell on it. And all occupants were safe. Well, i cant imagine any other car in that place.

Jeno.

Top Bottom