My Scorpio Reaches Home and Gets Smiles Along

Thread Starter #1
Waited for this for a very long time. Close to an year but not because of dealer or manufacturer but because of the Strome from the TML which was suppose to take every one on surprise.
At the end, went with the decision taken by mind, India finance minister (Mr Dada) and home minister (wife) forced me to move on and go with mind but not heart as pocket will not stay open for strome.
Any way, Went on to IG on a Saturday to gather more details about discounts freebies quote etc so that the process can begin. Did not care much abt TD because as a previous Bolero owner, i know M&M good and week points.
Got all the details, discussed with family while dinner and decided lets go for it provided Delivery date is on 27th July between 5 and 6PM only. Some great day according to my stars etc.
I dont believe all that but cant fight back on the decision made by family.
Next day- Went back again, paid the booking amount 50K for Black 4WD (on rd- 11.2L)
Informed very very clearly to the dealer about the restriction on the delivery date and time. Dealer was also very confident on that date.
Got all the required receipts, went to my SBI branch in Sanjay Nagar for a loan of 4L. As the amount was less than 6L, it was spot approved and all processing fees etc waived off as i m the regular, existing customer.

All went well and excitement was building up so was posting on multiple sites about the booking- Especially my all time favr and watched forum "Tata Safari 'Storme' Now Officially Breaks Cover "
One week latter, got the update from few of our TAI members to check on the booking number to track the status. I was not aware of this process. So called SA and got the details. When checked with M&M cust care through email, that is when hell broke lose for me.
Expected Delivery is on 29/9/12. black 9 seater- 4wd.- OMG. Starting my chase with IG SA, his Manager, His Manager and M&M Sales team, their manager and their manager.
Though the week was tensed but I much say M&M and IG was very helpful and transparent on their process and escalation matrics to customer.
I was provided with direct contact numbers for M&M Bangalore sales manager, regional manager and South India Manager to talk discuss of possibilities. I really appreciate that open/frank approach. No hidden information.
Coming back to the point. It was a week before the "D" day was confirmed that there is no Black 4x4 in stock and it would be ready by 24th -Aug.
Discussions were on again with family but No negotiation on date from father's end. So finally settled for 2wd.
Went to the stock yard of IG in Bang and Tumkur and searched all vehicles and colors. I was giving a pickup drop in XUV by IG for doing this Also, they have given the keys for all available Scorpios there in the yaar to pick/ check and decided on what every I want. so just sat back and went to all possible yards to check for the my choice of colour.
Finally decided on misty silver. Liked the look and so got it delivered on the right date and time.
As i got in touch with the highest level i got for my booking and was also not delivered of 4x4 which was my promise, Feebies were like cake walk. You name it you get it [lol]
Cash discount- 75k
Accessories- 15K (seat covers, floor mats, wheel caps, door scratch guard, Fog lamps, central locking, Arm rests and reverse Cam).
I will give more details and snaps soon. till then, enjoy the pics i have taken from yard.

Attachments

Re: Scorpio reachs home and gets smiles along

Congrats congrats [clap]
Thanx man for starting the ownership review.
Blessing in disguise black though looks good the liver is easy to maintain .
How are your initial impressions likes and dislikes ?

Congrat's on your Scorp sir, was looking forward to your ownership thread, seem's like you got a very good deal, any mod's planned?

Thread Starter #7

Thank you all, I will give much more details and also post a lot of questions too.
@super- Alloys are not part of the freebi un-fortunatly but yes i have selected one as got a massive discount :) It will arrive soon.
Here is the snap.

Attachments

very good design . do let me know the specifications, brand and costs. i may be the next in line for the upgrade to alloys [;)]

i am sure you could have managed the freebies with fog lamps, and electrical ovrms too.

Last edited:

Congrats Krish_Go !
Eagerly waiting for the pics of the beast after the alloys are fitted !
Interested in knowing the total on-road price after discounts ?

Thread Starter #11

@super- Fog lamps Yes but not electircal OVRMS. infact it did not hit my mind at that time.
@Vish- Thank you. Total on rd cost was 10L as on paper.
Cash disc- 75K
Access- 15K
I will give a complete breakup soon with more interior snaps.

Congratulations Krish_Go for acquiring the BEAST[clap]. so finally your wait ends[:)]
It's looking really good and that's a pretty good list of freebies buddy.

Alloys are looking pretty cool as well. Like them. Please do post more pics of the Beast and the alloys.

Wish you Happy, safe and niggle free Ownership with your Beast.

Last edited:

Top Bottom