Honda's "Dream" Yuga is Mine Today!!

Thread Starter #1
Honda Dream Yuga - My initial owner ship review

I have tried to put all which I went through from quite some time, but entire review is sincere enough with only my feeling and not to offend any body or any brand. This review does not qualify some body to buy this bike straight away as it purely depends on their own feeling and their limitations. I hope you like this though it was made bit longer one !![:)] but helps others while their decisions.

I am not mentioning any specifications of bike as which are known to everybody already.

Background of a thought

This thought of buying a bike/scooter started when one of my relative took my bike Suzuki Slingshot+ (1-1/2 years old) for a week usage and came back reported me two things.
1. Mileage is very less
2. Suspension (Rear) is too stiff and it jumps on every small pothole which very uncomfortable.
Then after I started checking my bike both the reasons and found they are absolutely correct. I went to a Suzuki service and reported these things and they have done some tuning for mileage and did something with the front & rear suspension.
After this mileage improved slightly but did not cross 45kmpl. There was also an improvement on front shocks but rear was the same very stiff which was actually creating problem to me too, but I did not know this earlier.
I went some other Suzuki dealer where I have given the bike for servicing and told these things and on return of the bike, bike situation was worse than before and when I checked with Suzuki guy he says “Sir your usage is within internal roads, so your gear shifting, clutch, break usage is more hence you will not get more mileage than that”. Ok I agree somewhat for this but they spoiled the clutch which has become very hard and also he said there is no such adjustment available for rear shocks and whatever they are supposed to they already did it. This is where I started thinking to sell out my bike and go for Scooter first. I am not saying that Suzuki bike is bad, but service is really bad who spoil any good bike, because they don’t know how to service it. So no offence on Suzuki bikes. Some thing is not good for one and very good for somebody else[glasses]. The Guy who bought my Slingshot felt it is really good for him that it has 5th gear and gear display and the bike he was selling was Honda Shine old model[roll] so things are very tricky some times as per priorities.

A Big Search began

Started checking number of gearless scooters and driven most of them. I think I almost finished driving the following scooters
1. Honda Activa – Impressive, but lacks in suspension on bad roads
2. TVS Wego – Very impressive, bit OK on bad roads, but doubts for long term
usage
3. Suzuki Access – Powerful, but complaints on service, mileage
4. Mahindra duro – Good one, lacks in suspension on bad roads, long term
usage durability
5. Honda Aviator – Good in everything and was in final contender list
6. Honda Dio – Did not feel good in any department and body material and
rattling was too bad
7. TVS scooty – Impressive, but too small for me
8. Suzuki Swish – Makeover of Suzuki Access

While this search of scooters was on some of my friends and relatives told me to check bikes only due the bad roads I use the vehicle and also mileage and my height point of view. Then I started searching the bikes
Most of the people told me to go for 150cc+ segment for good comfort which was my prime criteria for search, but somehow I rejected this due to the weight of the vehicles which I personally do not like and my usage was below 10km daily, so in slow speeds you will feel the weight of the 150cc vehicle easily and spending such huge amount for a very little usage so started searching the 100/110/125cc segment. Check the following bikes

1. HH splendour Pro – Good reliable one, but did not like hero badge, used
it for 11 years already, looks small, rear tyre is tiny
2. HH Passion Pro – Reliable again, Cons were hero badge, regular look not
very appealing, body is built with some extra fat items.
3. HH Glamour – Did not like its body built and its shape. Some bad reports
from few people
4. Most of the hero bikes are copy cats of Honda
5. Bajaj Platina – Very lean and not very appealing
6. Bajaj Discover 125 – Not very impressive , built quality bad
7. Bajaj Discover 100 5G – Good in mileage, good pick up, built quality,
gear sound, chain sound were bad
8. Bajaj Discover 125 ST – Impressive in pick and driving comfort, Cons
built looks bit heavy and pricing was high, waiting was there
9. Bajaj Discover 100 4G – Very impressive in every department, except
built quality, but came in to final contender list
10. Yamaha – Only had two bikes which I can look at SS125, SZ-R both
were priced bit high and I had some bad experience of Yamaha service
guys which some other vehicle of my friend, hence ruled out
11. Honda Shine – Everything was perfect. Cons were missing 5th gear
which is reported by most of the people and even I felt when I drove it.
Too many on the road these days and felt like it has become a common
commuter bike. More power, which I do not require and more price too!!
was in my final contender list
12. Honda Twister – Everything was good, but lot of fibre is used to make it
as sports looks and tyre size was thin
13. Honda Dream Yuga – Everything was just perfect. Stepped in to final
contender list
14. Suzuki Hayate – Did not look at it with my Suzuki Service experience.

Showroom Experiences

1. Hero Honda : Was good in hospitality, but nothing much they could
explain about the vehicles
2. Bajaj – Very good hospitality, ready give any vehicle TD in seconds and
very knowledge technically and ready to impressive customers with
discounts
3. Honda – Really now body cares you at all, very bad hospitality. Too
much of crowd. They just ask you which one you want and start
preparing a quote. Most of the showrooms talk bit negatively saying
about waiting periods first which kills customer enthusiasm. Pushing
accessories as compulsory.

Final Contenders

1. Honda Shine – There is nothing bad about his, except price and 5th
gear missing.
2. Honda Aviator – Was good in everything, but could not finalise as it was
a scooter which was rejected by most of family members.
3. Bajaj Discover 4G – Was good in everything and price was really good
on road Rs.51000/-. But was rejected due to rough finish, long term
durability.
4. Honda Dream Yuga – Everything is really impressive and there is nothing
I could point out except pricing looked bit high, but helpless due to
Honda demand in the market.

Test Drive of Dream Yuga

Nice start up with electric start, good pick up as needed, good seating position, very good suspension in bad roads, easy changing gears.
Good grip on the road due to tubeless tyres specially MRF one.
For the first time felt like I have full control of the bike while turnings, driving, breaking!!
Cons: Handle bar looked bit small where I have to lean a bit, but because of that I was able to turn the bike very easily.
Disc brakes were not there, hence people may does not like this but, for the speeds we go it was not at all an issue and specially I do not like disc brakes which gives sudden impact on the body.

Honda Dealer experience while booking and buying process:

Bit careless approach, but I have to live with it which is very common on any Honda showroom due to the huge demand of their vehicles.
Had a small fight when they said that accessories are compulsory and complained to Honda South Regional Head and within minutes he spoke to the dealer and issue was resolved.
Sales guy allowed me to select the bike from the available lot where I was keen for MRF tyres, so finally I could get one and registered the chassis number in the invoice while booking. Paid total amount while booking and told them that I will take the delivery next day i.e., 01/8/2012.

Finally on 01/8/2012 visited the showroom, by the time I could reach they are ready with all the papers to be signed by me and later on after wait for 30 minutes they got the TR and handed over the bike to me as promised. I did the visual check of everything including the engine oil levels and took the delivery. Final on road price in Hyderabad with number plates, engine guard, leg guard was Rs.58059/-.

After taking the delivery I drove back to office and home and the initial experience

1. Very good easy driving bike like a M800 car.
2. Easy gear shifting
3. Very comfortable seating and suspension
4. Seat height is good and longer seat which fits 3 people easily
5. Engine is well refined and was very smooth with good pick up
6. Gears were very soft and placed in a good position
7. Doing zig-zag driving was very easy in thick traffic conditions
8. Mileage it is too early to comment anything
9. Overall very good bike and first time I felt that a bike you feel well in
command under your hands whatever direction you will take it.

Conclusion

A good commuter bike with good specifications, good driving pleasure within the city and VFM I feel!! And suggest this to others who look for mileage, reliability, good responsive bike.

I present some pictures you might have already seen them else where already.

Thank you for your precious time and hope your enjoyed it !!

Attachments

Re: Honda's "Dream" Yuga is mine today !!

Congrat's on your Yuga sir, the paint quality look's top notch, have you put seat cover? if no then why is their a wrinkle?

Thread Starter #4
Congrat's on your Yuga sir, the paint quality look's top notch, have you put seat cover? if no then why is their a wrinkle?
I did not opt for seat covers form dealer as they are shabby, no quality and priced high. I will get them from outside, I know somebody here who really stitch to the seat exactly without thread joints as happens with most of the dealer seat covers.

Wrinkle is there on the seat when we sit and come ahead while breaking may be it is loose and soft due to that.

Thank you for your comments Visran

Congrats on your ride. Finally you got your hands on it. Drive safe.[:)]

Regards,
Ayaz Khan
Thank you Ayaz. I wish the same to you.

Hope we could exchange our views on this bike in future after driving for few kilometers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Sure gurrala, why don't you go for IND number plates? I had them installed today itself.
in AP it still lac to implement the High security number plates which will be implemented very soon and then we any way need to change our existing number plates, so I want to continue with these for the moment.

Congrats and drive safe. IMHO I bike without disc brake is pain to drive., why don't you opt a bike with discbrake?

Gurrala,accept my congrats for the new bike.Your bike is looking very good.
Wishing you very happy riding.

Thread Starter #10
Congrats and drive safe. IMHO I bike without disc brake is pain to drive., why don't you opt a bike with discbrake?
Thank you rakesh. I am more comfortable with disc less bikes as I feel disc bike hurt the shoulders technically. I do not go such speeds where I really need to stop the bike at once, I follow slow and steady method, hence these breaks are more than enough for me. My personal feeling is disc breaks for a 2 wheeler is no really required as it is balanced on two wheels and it has to be controlled by ourselves, some how entire market today is driven by disc brakes and I am really not from that BAG at all !!

Gurrala,accept my congrats for the new bike.Your bike is looking very good.
Wishing you very happy riding.
Thank you Mahendra

Congrats sir enjoy your new bike zip zap zoom
Thank you Raja. Yes it is effort less driving in dense traffic !!

Congrats alot on buying the New bike, gurrala.

Honda is really getting alot of its bike seekers, after HERO separation.
Hope they'll get the power to manufacture, sell & service the bikes as Hero Honda group together did.
Hospitality, Cleanliness & Dealership ambience needs to be spruced up to take the Indian people to the next level with their next-gen bikes.
Afterthat, will come the 'DREAM YUGA' for Honda India.

Good luck, gurrala for your New bike.[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #13
Congrats alot on buying the New bike, gurrala.

Honda is really getting alot of its bike seekers, after HERO separation.
Hope they'll get the power to manufacture, sell & service the bikes as Hero Honda group together did.
Hospitality, Cleanliness & Dealership ambience needs to be spruced up to take the Indian people to the next level with their next-gen bikes.
Afterthat, will come the 'DREAM YUGA' for Honda India.

Good luck, gurrala for your New bike.[thumbsup]
Thank you voque !!

Congratulationz mate. Your journey from buying gearless scooter and ending up buying dream yuga was very exciting. Nice color choice mate.
Thank you Dharmesh !!

Sir, can you tell me from which honda showroom from hyderabad you have purchased & can you detail the on road price you paid for Honda DY,

I am from ameerpet & the dealer coded @ Erragada
Ex Showroom Price: 50513
Insurance:163
Octroi:30
Life tax:4600
Total:56773

Permanent Registration:900
Teflon 2 coatings:400
Extended Waranty:635
Accessories:1960

Total:60,668/-

Please help me clarified as i think i am been charges Extra for the Byke.

Top Bottom