My Honda Brio SMT Rallye Red

Thread Starter #1
Life starts by mentioning my Palio S1O.

Was thinking of upgrading my tendya special yellow ferrari which had clocked 48k kms, was a sad decision for me since i loved the brute force of the 1600cc 100 BHP monster.

On july 3rd, while returning from an official trip from bhadurgarh, i stopped at Ring Road Peeragarhi and enquired about Brio. Did not take a test drive, just took the pricelist n brochure, enquired about the features/discounts, discussed about the exchange price for my S10, sat inside Brio for about 10 minutes and left. Next destination - Ring Road Moti Nagar. Again took the pricelist , enquired about the discounts and came back home. Same night at about 1.30 am, i placed advertisements in carwale classified with an asking price of 1 lac and went to sleep. I knew I had quoted a steep price but then I had nothing to lose.

Both honda’s - Peeragarhi and Moti Nagar started calling me regularly. I asked them to come to my home and give me a quote for my S10. After about a week, Moti Nagar guys sent the evaluation team to my home and they gave me a quote of 33k + 10k exchange bonus. I was damn furious but politely said FO. Again started gettings calls from their sales people and I told them I am trying to sell my car outside or if u guys can give me a better price then only i would be interested.

Started getting enquires for my car. A few guys visited, patiently explained them about the beast I owned, a few wanted me to reduce the price and blah blah. This schedule kept on repeating but I found no one worthy of buying my love.

10 days later, I reduced the price to 90k and same things got repeated. Got calls from Bangalore, Chennai, Goa, UP etc etc. Another week passed by and I reduced the price to 75k. Saw my car being discussed by some great FIAT lovers. The Honda dealers were calling me time n again and I told them clearly, give me 50k+10k bonus for my S10 and I will book brio on the spot or wait for me to sell my car. I was firm in my mind that I wont sell below 60k and anything above will be a bonus.

A few serious enquires started flowing and the offer I got was 53k and he was ready to pay on spot. I said 60k and he left. 3 days later i.e on 26th July, the guys calls me and says he will buy it for 60k and will come tomm for delivery.

That was it. I called both Ring Road Hondas – Peeragarhi n Moti nagar and asked for final quote and told them clearly, tomm 27th July at 6.30 pm I would have the booking amount in my hand and let me know your best quotes. Moti Nagar was quick to respond and gave me a deal (insurance was free anyways + 10k cash) on phone. Peeragarhi guys told me the same old blah blah which they told me when I visited them on 3rd.

27th July, since morning I started getting calls from both dealers. I called them back to enquire about the documentation required for loan. Moti Nagar guys made the offer more sweet ( read 10k cash discount + floor mats + gear lock) while Peeragarhi said that they will send their salesman to visit me. I told them clearly, give me the deal on phone as the booking will happen after 6.30pm only after I sell my car but they insisted on giving me the deal at my place. I said ok…. since they were adamant, after lunch their sales person came to my office.

The meeting was doomed to start with. He was the same guy I met on 3rd. His entry at about 2.30pm with a bucketful of perfume made my nose go bonkers. Anyways he started the same old cry song about Honda brand name and blah blah I said enough doing and now give me the deal for which he has come. He made me write the documentation required for loan and then finally gave me the deal I opened my drawer and showed him. It was almost the same deal given by Moti Nagar and asked him whether he can make it better. He said this is the best and nothing more can be done. I said fine and told him I will call him after 6 pm after selling my car.

Bang at 6 I got a call from Moti Nagar. I was sitting with my buyer and told them I will call back. At 6.30 I call Moti Nagar and ask them to come to book my car. 10 minutes later, I got a call from Peeragarhi and I told them u guys are late and i am buying from Moti Nagar since, they were first to give me the deal on phone and 2nd they are closer to my home. They protested on phone saying they sent their person to my place n blah blah but i politely told them I got a better response from Moti Nagar.

Moti Nagar guys reach my place at about 6.45PM and make the offer more sweet ( read free anti rust coating to the existing deal ) and I handover the 60k I got from selling my car. I had kept the loan documents ready which saved some time.

They promise my delivery on 31st since Saturday being a half day, cant expect much from SBI. They said the docs wud be sent to the bankers on Monday. I said fine since the loan approval was their headache, I would also get time to arrange the balance amount.

Got this in writing to avoid any confusions later on.
10k cash discount
Gear lock free
Door Mats free
Anti Rust Protection free
One teflon coating free
Insurance free

Accessories were on my mind and Sudeep Roy;s thread made my life easier. On Sunday, the 29th i went there and finalized this -

FR corner protector 2118
RR corner protector 2023
RR panel linning 700
Fog lights 11651
rubber mats 1000 (thou price list shows 1550)
seat cover MG 6155

Bill came to Rs 23,647, did a bit of haggling and paid 21k. Fog lights were high on my priority list and I was ready to ignore a few thousands here n there.
On 30th ie monday, called them and asked them to add side protector (Rs 5055) to the list for which I said i would pay on Tuesday when i come to take delivery. The salesperson readily agreed.

At about 5.30pm the verification agent from SBI comes and does his checks and I request him to get the loan from the SBI branch nearest to my home.

The Big Day 31st Tuesday – I call Moti Nagar and enquire about my loan. I am told I will get a call soon. At about 11.30am I get a call from SBI asking me to bring 2 stamp papers Rs 100 + Rs 10 and come in an hours time. Half an hour later i get a call from Moti Nagar with 2 numbers to choose from and I find myself happy with the number I am allotted :)

I sent my office boy to get the Stamp papers in Rajendra Place.
Then the ordeal starts. They don’t have stamp papers and ask my office boy to try at Moti Nagar for estamp papers. He goes to moti nagar and finds a big big big line. He is told to try getting them from some other place ( i forgot the name). He calls me and says he is going there. On reaching there, the same **** repeats , they say they don’t have any stamp papers/ no estamp papers and he should try at Janakpuri. Then he realizes that there is NO POWER. There is a blackout in entire delhi. I simply lost hope. The power grid had failed again as it did on Sunday night and I knew it wont be back so soon. I lost all hope and told him to go back to Moti Nagar and stand in line and wait for the power to be restored.

I called Ring Road Honda and told them about the issue. About an hour later I get a call from their sales person that she is going to Moti Nagar and will try and help me using her sources. All this while I was in bank from 1.30pm signing the loan papers, withdrawing cash from 2 banks, getting ecs verified. Adding to the nonsense, servers went down, big big line and after 2 hrs in bank I finally got a call from my colleague that he got the stamp papers. That was the only time in the entire day, I felt God is great.

Went back to SBI with the stamp papers at 3.45 pm. Fulfilled all formalities, got Form 34 and sanction letter and called Moti Nagar guys to send a car to pick me up. Reached home at 4.15pm, had lunch,a few calls later, at 5.45 PM, a red Brio v lands up at my home and for the 1st time with my pockets filled with cash [:D], i drive it to Ring Road Moti Nagar. You can say my 1st Test Drive finally happened [evil]

In short i would say, Ring Road Moti Nagar was a pleasure to deal with and my sales agent - Garima deserves every praise i can think of.

Car review/pics coming soon :p:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Re: 5 days epic saga - My Honda Brio SMT Ralley Red

firsts for me

SBI giving loan in < 24 hrs
Honda giving cash discounts
Dealer going all the way to make things happen.
Lucky - hell yeah

Super super congrats and you squeezed a great deal from Honda this is the perfect way to deal with specially Honda who thought they were invincible before great deal buddy .

And now please post as many pictures you can in differnt angles and accessories you have put enjoy the cute little sporty brio to the fullest .

Btw a bit off topic how many Kms you travel a month on average any particular reason you went for petrol and not desiel when the entire nation has become a desiel loving nation this days ?

Thread Starter #4

mainly coz of the engine. hate the lag in diesel cars and also the maintenance cost is high. Downgrading myself from 1600cc to 1200cc was difficult for me but then there are certain things which need to be addressed with age and family in mind. Fell in love with the looks and rest is history.

Fuel cost does not worry me much since i drive less, The 10 year old S10 had done only 48k kms, so u can imagine the amount of driving i do. And when i am using it officially, i get paid for fuel @ actuals. so its a win win situation for me. I plan to keep it for 4/5 yrs atleast if god permits. Also most of my driving is in city and with parking a big issue in delhi, i am forced to buy a hatch.

wrt hatchbacks, I dont consider beat diesel n figo "cars" since beat is a toy ( have driven it and the lag is unbearable while figo diesel is a 20 yr old design which became junk in europe and they launched it here. u may call it a vintage model with zero looks :p: swift/dzire are good but too common on roads. I have owned a hundai and thats a sane reason not to own another so soon :p:

brio suited my taste perfectly, has a good brand name and has futuristic looks. I drove it 30kms today, felt like a breeze...no engine noise, not as powerful as my S10 but then it wont be right for me to compare 1.6 with 1.2. But yes 1.2 feels like 1.4 at some places thanks to Honda's efficiency.

icing on the cake - we punjabies love good bass and the stock sterio is simply awesome. thou i do miss bluetooth capabilities in it. read somewhere that some guys wanted to put in more speakers, i simply feel they should invest some money in cleaning their ears. [:)]

Fantastic reasoning and clever logical decision I must say perfect combo of heart+ head in selecting the car[clap]

Btw when are you going to post the pics ? Watching pictures of anybody's newly bought car is a pleasure and that watching specially pictures of brio,jaaz,safari is a delight . I have driven the brio and it's just zip zap and zoooooooooom

Nice start Nitin and look forward to the ownership experiences.
Please post some photos too.

Thanks again.

Congrats for Brio buddy. I am waiting for the pictures. very well decided and you are very strategic. [;)]

Nice choice mate. Congratulationz. When entire nation is running behind diesel casrs even though their running is less. You have made a smart calculated choice. Please post some pics dude. And remember Brio is the only car that loves you back. [:D]

T'was very interesting to read ur experience and thanks for sharing it. It all boils down to the fact that the car was meant to be yours : ) As the Brio tagline goes, Love Conquers All.

I'd second Raja's request; pls do share the pics of ur juicy Red Brio asap ..from all possible angles : )

@Sudeep, what's the tally of Red : Blue Brios now? 2:3? ; )

Thread Starter #10

its raining cats n dogs now, pictures will come but i need some sun :p:

T'was very interesting to read ur experience and thanks for sharing it. It all boils down to the fact that the car was meant to be yours : ) As the Brio tagline goes, Love Conquers All.

I'd second Raja's request; pls do share the pics of ur juicy Red Brio asap ..from all possible angles : )

@Sudeep, what's the tally of Red : Blue Brios now? 2:3? ; )
Nothing can beat a Urban Titanium Brio [:D]

Thread Starter #12
Re: 5 Days Epic Saga - My Honda Brio SMT Ralley Red

time for some pic!!!

it rained heavily so pls bear with me. also have resized the pics from 10 mb or so to a fraction of it [evil].

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 5 Days Epic Saga - My Honda Brio SMT Ralley Red

Brio really looks great in red. Nice choice of colour. Did you get side protector painted in red?

Top Bottom