New Maruti Suzuki Dzire LDi (Scorpion King) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Guys

History:

Our family has a 17 year old Maruti 800 and finally after years of postponing ( Father has govt car from office) we finally decided to buy a new car due to social pressures ( people also saying now its time you upgrade)..

We initially wanted to buy a swift petrol and went to showroom with this bent of mind.But many people advised us to buy diesel car as running a petrol car was getting difficult to less mileage and higher cost. Infact diesel per km cost is half of petrol.

So we almost finalised swift diesel but then the new dezire which was just 40k higher and looked fat superiors in looks and boot space . So we finally booked dezire LDI with 6 months waiting period . I kept requesting dealer to give me my car as many people i knew were getting dezire LDI in 2 months. But dealer was arrogant and since we complained to maruti he send us letter he wont give car in 6 month also.
This made me very angry [anger] as maruti was not all helping me. Finally i complained to www.akosha.com and they sent a letter to maruti and dealer and the equation changed. The dealer apologised and gave my car today in just 7 days [lol]

I have taken my car delivery of my Dezire LDI - "" SCORPION KING" today.

Price on road on Delhi is - Rs 6,67,000 ( 4 yr warranty and insurance included). I took insurance zero depreciation for 17k from royal sundaram as it was cheaper by dealers by 3k

I only got mudflaps as free by dealer [glasses]

I am so excited ...
Tommorow i will go to Motor concept, kirti nagar to get acessories installed.
few snapshots

Some initial pics

IMG_0559 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0550 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0558 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0563 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0564 (640x480).jpg

Glass full of [lol]
IMG_0566 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0570 (640x480).jpg

Well Rain gods were also happy so clicked some pics after the rains today evening

Panditji performing puja [:)]
IMG_0571 (640x480).jpg

My new beauty and old warhorse together in top view

IMG_0572 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0573 (640x480).jpg

Current Mileage is as per diplay 10.1 km/ltr but lets see slowly it should rise. Today filled 1000rs diesel lets see how much mileage i get

IMG_0574 (640x480).jpg

I am loving it [:)]. My SCORPION KING looks fabulous

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Ownership review- Maruti Dezire LDI ( SCORPION KING)

Congrats Vaibhav! [:)]

Please come up with a detailed buying experience with lots of pics.

Congratulations Vaibhav for your new acquisition. Scorpion King is looking nice.

So what are the accessories in the plate for the Scorpion King.

Congratulations for the new car.

After so many days of restless waiting, you got it finally.
(your restlessness was felt by all of us in many threads and we really empathised with you)

Don't look for mileage from day one.
Let the running in period go smoothly and then let 2 - 3 services be over to check for mileage.

Thread Starter #8

@ gurulla thanks dude

@ singh dear i plan to install the following

1) ICE in 15k
2) All 4 power windows with relay . As soon as you lock car windows slide up on own
3) central lock
4) Reverse sensor or reverse camera or both [sleep]??
5) Seat cover
6) door beedings
7) Floor mats
8) Fog lamps

Guys anything else you feel i should go for please tell [;)]

Thread Starter #9

Hi
Today i went to Motor concept,Kirti nagar and installed a lot of acessories. Will post detailed info and pics tommrow [:)]

Driving :

I find the dezire very easy to drive due to power steering and proper size (nor large nor short). Also most Important i feel BRAKES are very good . Some people are said to complain about braking but i feel brakes are very good . I am not facing any issues. Even at 80-90 km/ph i am hardly facing any issues. Its a breeze. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10

Hi
Today i got Wheel covers installed for my scorpion king to give it more bite [:)]
Total damage= 400 * 4= 1600 bucks. I got Rs 42 cashback as reward point in Maruti gift card .............

Attachments

Last edited:

Steering cover & remote locking.

BTW, from where you got those white door rails ? I have only seen black till date. [confused]

Thread Starter #12
Damn
I installed autocop Power windows - all 4 + uphold. Yesterday it broke down after 1 hr and was repaired. Now today again it has stopped working and my windows are open and i close them. Lucky car is at home.
Autocop people i have called . They are sending a person. Autocop power windows suck big time. [anger]. I should i gone with Motor concept recommended - RD brand [sad]

Last edited:
You could have got Xenos, very nice service. I have been using from 3 months no issues.

Those wheel caps look good.

OT : What about your 800, are you going to keep it ? Hope it stays with you.

Thread Starter #14
Steering cover & remote locking.

BTW, from where you got those white door rails ? I have only seen black till date. [confused]
i got it from motor concept ,kirti nagar,delhi

You could have got Xenos, very nice service. I have been using from 3 months no issues.

Those wheel caps look good.

OT : What about your 800, are you going to keep it ? Hope it stays with you.
yeah i will keep it till it reaches 20 years [evil]
ps: Accesories pics in 2 hrs after dinner [;)]

Congrats so finally you got your car .
Rather then reverse sensors fit a camera and get the display in the hu of your music system .
Though they don't look bad why don't you paint the side mirrors and door handles in white colour it must not be expensive even if you do that from maruti a.s.s .
Curious to see your pics now .

Top Bottom