Hello guys this is a ownership review of my Maruti Ritz zxi-
1st of May 2010- The search for a new car started. As we drove our Alto LX for 6yrs (75432kms) so we wanted something new and thus the search for a new car started. Next day we went to the Maruti dealer and test drove Estilo vxi, Wagonr vxi, A star zxi, Ritz zxi, Swift zxi, Dzire vxi and SX4 vxi.
Estilo- We didn’t liked the comfort in rear seats and the tyres were small so Estilo was ruled out.
Wagon r- We test drove the car and it was really nice. Nice head room and leg room and performance as well.
A star- The engine felt peppy but it wasn’t spacious so it was also ruled out.
Ritz- We test drove this car also and we were highly impressed with this car. We liked the tall boy design as well.
Swift- Swift had a waiting period for 2 months so it was also ruled out.
Swift dzire and SX4- both were too long and some portion of the car was remaining out of our garage so these were also ruled out.
Now the competition was between wagon r and ritz. We wanted black colour when enquired we found that black colour was only available in Ritz zxi and black wagon r vxi will take at least 2-3 months so Ritz Zxi was our final decision.
24th may 2010- Finally the day arrived we got a call from the showroom stating that our car is ready and we can take it. We went to the showroom at 3 o clock and first saw the car and did a thorough PDI. Everything was fine. We got some basic accessories like mud flaps, steering cover and floor mats. Then we went to the Maruti true value to sell our Alto. Believe me guys it was the saddest moment I had ever came across. On one side of heart i was sad of losing my alto and on other side was happy for new ritz. Finally handed over the keys of alto to the executive at the true value. With heavy heart came to the ritz. My father did the paper work and we left for our home. Reached home at around 5 30. We were quite happy for the new car.
Things i liked in the car-
1. Feeling of space in the cabin.
2. Engine smoothness, one needs to look at the tachometer to reassure oneself that the engine is indeed running.
3. Have to really keep a light foot on the accelerator. Speeds of 80-90 kmph are reached effortlessly.
4. The gearshift is good and each gear falls into place properly.
5. Driving position is very comfortable and the height adjustment lever is a boon.
6. The steering to handles well and isn’t as light as some other cars. It does allow you to feel the road and hence feel more in control.
7. The looks are surprisingly appealing and even the rear which is everyone's favourite bugbear looks much better in real life than in photos and it has started growing on me already.
8. AC is quite effective and cools the cabin in at most 2-3 min.
9. Suspension is quite good and handles the jerk quite well. The car feels stable at even a speed of 150kmph (the highest i have done yet).
10. Safety features- safety features like ABS
and front airbags, seatbelts with pretensioners are a good safety features as well.
11. Factory fitted audio system- The car comes with Nippon CD player with aux port and 4 speakers in all doors.
12. Fuel economy-
Highways- 16-17 kmpl
Things i don’t like-
1. No USB port in the music system.
2. Rear pillars- rear pillars act as a blind spot while reversing.
3. Rear parcel tray- the quality of the rear parcel tray does not feel good and does not go up with the boot lid as well.
Overall this is a very good car and is worth the money spent. I just love this car.
Hope you guys didn’t felt bored with my review.
Now i will let the pictures do the talking-