My White Horse, Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends..

This is my first ever thread. Please correct me if I am wrong.

This is my short review about my white Maruti 800.
When me and my dad planned for a car (second hand for sure).
Came across a well maintained 800, 2003 make of my dad's friend.

We bought it for 1.1 lakh. It has been almost 2 years I bought her.

It had just run 34000kms.
It had good set of seat covers, interiors, a small steering wheel.
Tires are good enough can go up to 10k kms. Exteriors were fine.
The previous owner had also put dark tints and a sun film for even the windshield.

No music system, though it was a A/C model it dint even had an blower. [frustration]

The first service / repair costed us 13.5k. But nothing was done, it was totally a waste.
Then met my neighbor Varun, very enthusiastic about his car.

He is the person who invited me into this forum. Thanks for that.

The first scratch and big dent was to a pillar in our apartment's parking.
Thanks for Varun who helped me to remove the dent.

Finally bought an basic music player and the console fitted it.

The next upgrade was the booster brakes, then took it to a local mechanic to fit.

I was shocked by hearing the mechanics words.. Because he told us it was an tampered car, were the car was hit in the front and the fender, bonnet were replaced. Finally he told its not a problem but got to know about it but of no use it was almost a year after I bought her.

After fitting the booster I got confidence that my car too stops ! Before I had to stand upon the brake so that the car comes to a halt.

Then got an blower unit, also started meddling with the wiring for putting LED strips.. Ha Ha all my college mates use to call my car as moving disco [evil]..

Till date I have almost covered 9k kms with out nay trouble.

I have an doubt, did euro 2, mpfi 2003 make 800 come with leaf springs ? As mine is with leaf springs.

The next mod was a bit of stickering, some wheel plates ,etc.

I have done 140 kmph [clap] easily in my car in stock condition.

Recently changed the type 2 head lamps to type 3 looks cool, as done in our 350z's 800.

Many mods in my mind, just finished my engineering. Got a job the perfect car for me.

I will be going for alloys and a good music system soon, need all your suggestions.

Hope you all dint get bored of my review.

Some photo's..

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
hello appu,

please don cal me as sir, I'm still a student, its fine if you cal me by name.

thanks for your comment, for the tints I removed only for the windows not for front n rear windshields. my interior got heated up just after removing those, so didn't remove the remaining.

hey varun,
its all you who motivated me with this n yes I will upload pics as soon a possible

thank you[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your White 800 is looking really good and i like the interiors as well. Well kept buddy. It's one hell of a vehicle.

It's a nice review karthik. The very first picture is a beauty. Safe motoring! You've mentioned you've done 140, and I assume it was even before your booster upgrade. So, take care of yourselves and the car!
Cheers!

Thread Starter #14
Shreeharik,

Thanks for your comment

What kind of pics you want me to upload??
the car body in different views or some specific portion
i didnt get you.

Thread Starter #15
Latour

Thanks for your caring but it was only once i tried, as the car at that time was not well droven on the roads, actually speaking after that my car gave better performance as it got tuned up after few long drives.

Top Bottom