My Black Panther : A 2005 Accent Viva CRDi

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

One of my friend was looking for a Diesel car with a min budget of 2.5L in Bangalore.
We were searching for last 3 months.
We being in Bangalore the prices of Di cars are on a higher end but we wanted a accident free, non tampered odo vehicle.

Last month we got a well maintained Accent Viva CRDi and my friend picked it up.

Turning Points :
Reason for looking for a used Di car at this budget : He was looking for a car with a low budget as he was expecting a overseas assignment but was not sure when he will get it. Hence, he wanted to buy a car and use it till he goes out and sell the vehicle before he goes out.

Just 3 days later of buying this car he got an assignment in Australia for 3 years. he feels that this car is lucky for him and doesn't want to sell it off...so i was given the car to drive and maintain till he returns.(Lucky me)

Few details of the car when we got it delivered.

Model : 2005
Number of owners : 2
(The car was registered to Philips India as the first owner and after 3 years the Manager who was using it bought it)
Odo reading : 124380kms
Body Condition : Good
Interiors : Best
Engine : Has a knocking noise (Got it checked with few Mech's including my own mech. and got a quote of around 25k to fix it up.)

What all I spent on after we bought the car.
Roof mount cabin LED light : Rs. 200/-
Car Charger : Rs. 350/-
Basic ICE : Rs. 10600/-
Tires : Rs. 14,000/-
Engine oil, Oil filter, air filter Change : Rs.2000/-
Headlight Bulb changed : Rs. 500/-

Condition of the car at present

Running non stop. Has done close to 2000kms since last 15 days and I know that the usage will drop after some time but not drastically.
getting a FE of around 18kmpl in City and 20kmpl on Highway.

576673_3348407624767_1087841372_n.jpg

Just have a single snap as of now.
Will be posting the set of pics in coming days.

Regards,
uNkNowN

nice car mate

engine knocking can be serious poroblem
let me know how much it is to fix

15 days 2000 kms . .no over heating issues or anything like that?

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for the Viva. The car seems to be in a neat condition from the picture. Please get the engine issues cross checked first, before investing on accessories, with a few reliable mechanics before it turns into a major one. Do upload some more pictures of the car soon. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fazer

Suspended
Congrats for the Panther..
Can't believe my eyes that THIS car has completed 125000 kms! Very nicely maintained.
Please post some more pictures, from different angles..[:)]

Wishing you a HAPPY ownership..

Drive Safe.

Thread Starter #5
nice car mate

engine knocking can be serious poroblem
let me know how much it is to fix

15 days 2000 kms . .no over heating issues or anything like that?
Thanks bro :)
Yes i know that knocking may be a serious problem.
But i am ready to shell out a good 30-35k on the car as of now.(Without a engine rebuild) which should be good for doing another 50k kms for my Panther.

Congrats for the Viva. The car seems to be in a neat condition from the picture. Please get the engine issues cross checked first, before investing on accessories, with a few reliable mechanics before it turns into a major one. Do upload some more pictures of the car soon. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks for the wishes 350 :)
Yes addressing the engine issue is the next on the cards.

As i was on vacation for last week completely stuck in office this week. We have planned a photo-shoot coming weekend. will post the pics as soon as possible.

Congrats for the Panther..
Can't believe my eyes that THIS car has completed 125000 kms! Very nicely maintained.
Please post some more pictures, from different angles..[:)]

Wishing you a HAPPY ownership..

Drive Safe.
Thanks for the wishes Fazer.
You have to see the car in person. you will not believe that it has done even 60k. Panther is in such a good condition.

Will surely upload lot of pics in few days. Sorry for the delay [:)]

Regards,
uNkNowN

Congratulations on the viva buddy and do get the engine noise checked by a reliable mechanic before you do any additions to the car. And at last enjoy your ride buddy[:)]

Top Bottom