Honda Brio VMT - Urban Titanium Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

After going though numerous blogs, ownership reviews in TAI and experienced advice from my Dad, I finalized Honda Brio VMT -
Urban Titanium.

Booked Brio at Deccan Honda on 27th May and got the delivery on 8th June.

Incidentally I ordered S(O)MT variant in the beginning and I was informed by the dealer that it was damaged while it was being unloaded from transit. I didn't wanted to take a chance so went for the VMT as over the time I fell for Honda Alloys.

Also, at the time of booking there was an offer that if I book a Honda car by 31st May then I will be getting the insurance
at Re 1/- and so I availed that offer.

However, on 3rd June there was an offer that Insurance, Road side assistance and extended warranty will be given for free. My
dealer made sure that i got to avail that offer as well and I will be getting a refund amount of Rs. 9800 for the same.

On Road price ~ 6.2 lacs

Did exhaustive PDI twice as suggested by 350Z and cross verified the checklist..
DSC_0568.jpg
DSC_0569.jpg
Few positives I would like to mention here about Brio:

1. Steering: Very accurate and amazingly smooth.
2. Engine: Fierce. Amazing steering makes maneuvering easy and makes it a best contender for city driving.
3. Looks: This might be subjective because of rear that is all glass (I liked it though..!!)
And the provision of parcel tray left no doubt at all.
4. Music system: Steering mounted controls are a nice add-on and the intergrated music system performs well. Amazing part was
the quality of speakers. Speaker quality as far as I remember is like Honda City that I have at home...
5. Legroom : Deceiving!! Don't go by the looks.. It is really spacious frm the inside...
6. Interiors: Nice plastic used and decency maintained by Honda, although one can find cost cutting here and there but still
nicely done. Seats have been trimmed to carve out leg space but it is no issue at all, they are far more comfy than i10.
7. Exteriors: 'H' badge in front grill is indeed an eye catcher.
8. Mileage: 18.4 as certified (but there's a twist later)

Negatives:

1. No rear de-fogger and rear wiper: These should've been provided by Honda in the top-end variant atleast..!!
2. Boot Space: Not sufficient for long trips.

Accessories

Now is the the worst part in Honda dealerships. They don't want to give anything!!
Although I managed to get some, it was indeed difficult [;)].
Free accessories offered by dealer include:
1. LLumar Film (RTO approved)
2. Floormats
3. Seat cushions
4. U.V coating
5. Car cover

I am still awaiting these accessories though..!
DSC0881.jpg
DSC0878.jpg

On Saturday, there was a Brio mileage rally organized by dealers pan Pune and I was invited. They called me and told that they will full the tank and there was a Highway run of about 100 KMs and Brio with best mileage will be given a gift as well.

I participated in the rally and the results were astonishing..!!
I managed to get a mileage of 23.1 KM/l with my 1 day old Brio[drive]...
Guess what the winner managed a whopping 26.7 km/l mileage!![clap]

20120610_114058.jpg

Soon I will hit Pune-Mumbai expressway and check the mileage and inform you all...
Will keep posting

PS: I have take zero depreciation insurance from Bajaj Allianz. I never wanted to take a chance in Pune considering traffic conditions here...

more pics to follow..

Regards,
Siddharth

Congratulations on your new acquisition buddy[clap]. Car is looking really nice and those alloys are making the looks even better.

Fazer

Suspended
Congrats Bro..for the BRiO.
The car is looking CUTE in UT colour..
Wish you have Lacs of happy kms with her..
Waiting for more pics (Interior and Boot space also please.!)

Cheers..

350Z

Core Team
Congrats for Honda Brio. It’s a wonderful car and looks more charming in UT. Good that you could manage to fetch a few accessories from the dealer but I’m afraid that sunfilms of any kind are not legal anymore in India. Do check with the dealer if he could replace them with something else, considering that the accessories have still not been delivered. I look forward to read more experiences. Do keep us updated.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congratulations on you're new baby Brio.Car in deed is fantastic.Nice colour.I am too thinking of replacing my Swift with this..Post more pictures of this little beauty.

Congrats Siddharth on your new Ride.
I own a Brio too, and you will fall in love more & more with it in the days to come.
23.1 Kmpl !! thats something. Did you have to change gears at all?? [;)]
If I am not wrong, this is the third Urban Titanium on TAI, and the Brio fan club is growing really fast.

Wishing you many many happy miles buddy.

Fazer

Suspended
Congratulations on the Brio, buddy. Great choice. It looks fantastic in UT colour[thumbswink]. Also, The alloys are merging perfectly with the Urban Titanium colour.
On-Road Price 6.2L, I was also looking for the Brio but seeing the On-Road price, I have decided to get back. Can you please post a pic of the Seat Cushion! :stupid:

Waiting for more snaps and updates.[:)]

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
Congrats Siddharth on your new Ride.
I own a Brio too, and you will fall in love more & more with it in the days to come.
23.1 Kmpl !! thats something. Did you have to change gears at all?? [;)]
If I am not wrong, this is the third Urban Titanium on TAI, and the Brio fan club is growing really fast.

Wishing you many many happy miles buddy.
Sudeep, first of thanks your review helped a lot in my decision to own a Brio..!![clap]

Coming to 23.1 Kmpl, yeah as it was a highway drive I was very clear and was in 4th gear most of the time and maintaining 55-65 km/h most of the times.
In the beginning of the mileage rally I was revving hard and didn't let any of the participants ahead of me. Later on during a halt I just checked my mileage I was getting 18kmpl which I never expected, then I decided, enough of being a reckless delhite, now lets carve out mileage.[evil]

Sid

Congrat's on your Brio brother, it's a wonderfull small hatchback you can buy under 7L, and the mileage you pulled out of an one day old car was astonishing[clap]

Sudeep, first of thanks your review helped a lot in my decision to own a Brio..!![clap]
Any Time Brother. Glad that my thread helped.

Coming to 23.1 Kmpl, yeah as it was a highway drive I was very clear and was in 4th gear most of the time and maintaining 55-65 km/h most of the times.
In the beginning of the mileage rally I was revving hard and didn't let any of the participants ahead of me. Later on during a halt I just checked my mileage I was getting 18kmpl which I never expected, then I decided, enough of being a reckless delhite, now lets carve out mileage.[evil]

Sid
Awsome,

Please keep sharing your experience as you clock more and more miles.
Cheers.

Sudeep, first of thanks your review helped a lot in my decision to own a Brio..!!

In the beginning of the mileage rally I was revving hard and didn't let any of the participants ahead of me. Later on during a halt I just checked my mileage I was getting 18kmpl which I never expected, then I decided, enough of being a reckless delhite, now lets carve out mileage.

Sid
23.1 [surprise] Ever planned on calling the Guinness Book?? [;)]

Brio looks very sporty & hunky in UT. Congrats [clap]

Maintain a speed of 55-60kmph for the first 1000kms. Do keep sharing your experience as well as the FE. The car will give you an FE of 14-15 easily in the city .. and more as the engine opens up.

Brio is a sweetheart. Drive safely.

Thread Starter #15
Guyz,

last night spoke to long lost friend, he is working in Honda's plant.
He told me Brio's desiel variant is in production and is estimated to be launched this Diwali...
Hope this news is true and will bring smiles to many...
I'm content with Petrol version[:D]

Top Bottom